Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?

Go down 
+7
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
kmorg
exact33
Wargod
A Handful of Wayne
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Empty
PostSubject: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:57 pm

I havent read blabbermouth in a while and tonight I had a chance to and was reading some news to come across this.

In the latest issue of Finland's Soundi magazine, STRATOVARIUS mainman Timo Tolkki reveals that he has formed a new band called REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE, which is believed to have been the working title of the now apparently aborted new STRATOVARIUS album. The group's debut CD — which will feature guest appearances by Michael Kiske (vocals; HELLOWEEN), Pasi Rantanen (vocals; THUNDERSTONE), Mirka Rantanen (drums; THUNDERSTONE), Pasi Heikkilä (bass; 45 DEGREE WOMAN) and Tobias Sammet (vocals; EDGUY) — is tentatively due this summer via Frontiers Records.

Says Tolkki: "The [REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE album] contains more or less 'Visions'-style [STRATOVARIUS' acclaimed 1997 release] power metal. It will come out pretty soon, maybe already in June. Michael Kiske, Pasi Rantanen, Mirka Rantanen, Pasi Heikkilä and Tobias Sammet have recorded their parts. But if there are any live performances, the lineup won't be the same. I have been thinking of asking Jens [Johansson, STRATOVARIUS keyboardist] and Lauri [Porra, STRATOVARIUS bassist] to join me for this."

Regarding the band's name, Timo said, "On the album, there's one song with this title, and Frontiers suggested it to be the band's name too. I thought it was good idea."

When asked if he will perform any STRATOVARIUS songs with REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE, Tolkki replied, "Well, what do you think? Of course. I can play my songs with whomever I want."

I was really hoping for the new stratovarius album! In a way its good news cause theres a lot of great singers on it but still wheres? Stratovarius? I hope they dont leave us with the last album the put out.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Sounds great to me with a lineup like that involved!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:25 pm

For saying he would never do metal again kiske sure pops up in a lot of places...

Alex

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:48 am

I just read an interview with him, and Stratovarius is on hold becasue they can't get a financial agreement with their record company, Universal. hey originally signed with Sanctuary, but Universal bought Sanctuary, and then the fight began.

About this new project he said that Frontiers refused to release it, becasue it wasn't metal. Then he released it himself, via his website, and then Frontiers decided to release it anyway. A trip to the courthouse might be in the makings.....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:56 am

Stratovarius is TOAST, according to Timo Tolkki. This is a short excerpt from a long rambling statement that appeared on Blabbermouth today.

TIMO TOLKKI: 'STRATOVARIUS Is No More' - Apr. 2, 2008

STRATOVARIUS mainman Timo Tolkki has issued the following statement:
"It is time to stop the silence and announce what some of you have already been speculating. STRATOVARIUS is no more.
"Last October I told the guys that I am stopping the band and told them the reasons why.
"This letter is addressed to you, STRATOVARIUS fans, who have supported the band for so many years.
"I first thought that I would write just a very generelized, typical 'music business' statement that basically never says anything. Then I decided that you deserve to hear at least parts of the truth what has been going on behind the scenes so you will be able to understand my decision better.
"All the time, since Timo Kotipelto [vocals] and Jörg [Michael, drums] joined the band, there have been tensions and negativity flying around. This has been concentrating on me, Timo Kotipelto and Jörg.
"The reasons Jari Kainulainen [bass] was fired some years back were so absurd that I am not even try to explain them here. If I write a book one day, maybe then.
"Anyways, I think the seeds were planted already back then, something like 12 years ago. There were many confrontations, Jörg has been complaining to me about Timo Kotipelto and Timo Kotipelto complaining to me about Jörg. At a times it was a mess, although of course, it never would show outside to the fans.
"It is not my intention to disrespect Timo Kotipelto and Jörg here. They are both fundamentally good guys. Things just sometimes happen and relationships go to directions we don't want them to go. It's like a divorce, nobody wants it to happen but sometimes it is best for all so everyone can continue their own lives. Plus I want to tell how things have been behind the curtains. You always only see the good side anyway, you don't really know what is going on.
"We had amazing years, 14 records, 6 world tours with over a thousand shows all across the globe, 3 gold discs, a Finnish Grammy and almost 3 million records sold.
"I have arrived to my decision after careful, long and rational thinking of over a year and I know it is the right way for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:50 am

Quote :
I have arrived to my decision after careful, long and rational thinking...

Somehow with what we know about Timo, that doesn't really seem possible.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:57 am

I always liked Koltipelto's solo stuff better than Stratovarius anyway.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:01 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Quote :

Very true. The dude is a major Froot Loop.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Quote :

Very true. The dude is a major Froot Loop.

Sign him up with Velvet Revolver. They need a new basket-case lead singer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:08 am

Good riddance...Kotipelto killed that band for me anyway...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Wow! Soon we'll have Timo reading the Kaballah again!! insane

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:06 pm

At least he didn't blame it on Hitler.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:56 pm

Sucks Stratovarius had to go out on a not so great album.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:50 am

I had just begun getting into Stratovarius a couple years ago too. Sad Oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:20 pm

Revolution Renaissance - Heroes
(Taken from the album "New Era")
Revolution Renaissance - I Did It My Way
Revolution Renaissance - Eden Is Burning
Revolution Renaissance - Revolution Renaissance

Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:34 pm

I am digging those as well Eyesore.. I will be getting it along with the Andre Matos album...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:39 pm

"Revolution Renaissance" seems like it'll be a favorite of mine. For whatever reason, those mid-paced stompers that Timo writes always do it for me. "Falling Into Fantasy," "Alpha & Omega," "Awaken The Giant," and "Dreamweaver" are my favorite Strato songs. All those have a similar style as "Revolution Renaissance."

Don't scoff, either. Haha. I haven't heard any album that came before Infinite.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:46 pm

I never could get into strat. I tried really hard to like them but just didnt get the vibe. RR sounds more interesting to me..

Alex

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:11 pm

I really liked Stratovarius, too bad they had to end on such a bad note. If the new Revolution Renaissance sounds like visions, I'm down for giving them a try.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
"Revolution Renaissance" seems like it'll be a favorite of mine. For whatever reason, those mid-paced stompers that Timo writes always do it for me. "Falling Into Fantasy," "Alpha & Omega," "Awaken The Giant," and "Dreamweaver" are my favorite Strato songs. All those have a similar style as "Revolution Renaissance."

Don't scoff, either. Haha. I haven't heard any album that came before Infinite.

Wow thats surprising you dont know what your missing.

I was reading a post that Timo put on his website that hes looking for musicians to be in the new band. I was going to submit myself for the drum position but then decided not to because of just how this guy seems to be. The way he talks pretty much sounds like its either his way or no way. Id rather be in a band that came up with ideas together instead of just listening to one person saying do this do that.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:03 am

I am getting excited about this release since it is very very close. The songs on their myspace rock!!!! I think Kiske sounds really good on his songs (much better than on his hideous remakes of helloween songs)

Alex

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:25 pm

You didnt like the remakes of the helloween songs? I thought they were pretty cool. He needs to throw some electric guitar in his songs though. The acoustic thing is just not his style at all.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 9:28 am

Got this today and it smokes man. If you like Strato, Helloween, Edguy, Thunderstone then grab this slab of classic Euro power metal. Kiske hasn't sounded this good since Keepers, Just listen to "Keep The Flame Alive" and you'll see what I mean. Also Angel is a great ballad also with Kiske.. Highly recommended.

10 Tracks in total, Kiske sings on 5. Tobias (Edguy) sings on 2 & Rasi (Thunderstone) sings on 3
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
You didnt like the remakes of the helloween songs? I thought they were pretty cool. He needs to throw some electric guitar in his songs though. The acoustic thing is just not his style at all.

nope. Aside from the fact that to me it seemed like a ploy to blatantly cash in on the helloween days (like how long can one really be ex-helloween before it really doesnt matter anymore?) the songs sounded bland...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 7:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
(like how long can one really be ex-helloween before it really doesnt matter anymore?)

..as long as the rent is still due...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?   Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revolution Renaissance??? What about Stratovarius?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next