Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stratovarius - Polaris

Go down 
+2
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Stratovarius - Polaris Empty
PostSubject: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Man, after hearing Revolution Renaissance--which I liked--I am so glad Timo Tolkki is no longer in Strato.

Quote :
The cover artwork for "Polaris", the new album from Finnish melodic metallers STRATOVARIUS, can be viewed below. Due on May 21, the CD — the group's first since the departure of guitar player and main composer Timo Tolkki — will be made available via the band's new label partner Edel under the new imprint earMUSIC outside of Asia and the band's longtime record company in Asia, JVC.

Commented keyboardist Jens Johansson: "We are very happy to have found strong label partners for the new era of STRATOVARIUS who truly believe in the band and are as enthusiastic as we are. I can't wait to hit the road again and meet all fans who supported us through all our good and bad times."

In September 2008, freed from many burdens of negativity, the band found the freedom to go into seclusion for almost a month in a cottage by the sea in a Finnish forest to relax, laugh, write songs, be creative together, and record. And they found themselves being a band reborn. The result is a melodic, powerful, fresh, tight, and technically elaborate new album.

"Polaris" was recorded in the fall 2008 at Hästholmen and 5by5 studios in Helsinki, Finland. Mixed by the longtime confidant of the band Mikko Karmila the album became another shining polar star at the Northern sky. Powerful melodies mingle with sophisticated arrangements, strong anthems stand alongside heavy songs. 11 songs full of energy, musicianship, and a positive outlook.

Vocalist Timo Kotipelto explains: "'Polaris' is a positive, powerful album that STRATOVARIUS fans all over the world are certain to take to their hearts."

The band will support the release of their new studio album with live shows around the globe. The world tour will start in the U.K., followed by a number of dates in continental Europe. September will see STRATOVARIUS playing live shows in Asia, followed by a full North and South American tour in September/October. A European headlining tour is scheduled for January 2010.

STRATOVARIUS' latest addition is 25-year-old Finnish guitar phenomenon Matias Kupiainen. Drummer Jörg Michael said, "In Matias we found new character who fits perfectly with his way of melodic guitar shredding. He is a killer player, a 'wunderkind' from Finland!"

Other working songtitles that are set to appear on "Polaris" include:

* "King Of Nothing"
* "Eternal Life"
* "Something Precious"
* "I Am Blind"
* "Free Diving"

STRATOVARIUS 2009 is:

Timo Kotipelto - Vocals
Matias Kupiainen - Guitars
Lauri Porra - Bass
Jörg Michael - Drums
Jens Johansson - Keyboards

STRATOVARIUS has posted a five-minute clip (see below) featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the band's recent video shoot for the song "Deep Unknown".

Stratovarius - Polaris 3350584877_48075d4949_o

Wicked! And that album art is pretty awesome. 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Stratovarius always has awesome album covers. I will get this but one of my fav guitar players is going to be missed bigtime I think.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:31 pm

WOW thats a great looking album cover! I wont miss Tolkki at all. Hes got the other band so he'll be around for a while.

You ever hear the Stratovarius version of Revolution Renaissance?

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:37 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Stratovarius always has awesome album covers. I will get this but one of my fav guitar players is going to be missed bigtime I think.
Eh. Some have been a bit cheesy, too CGI-looking, for my tastes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
You ever hear the Stratovarius version of Revolution Renaissance?
Does it exist? Never heard it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:42 pm

Yea I got it a couple weeks ago. I'll see if I can find it again and i'll PM you the link.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:48 pm

holy crap, that cover is awesome. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Always can expect something badass from Stratovarius! Especially that album cover!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:51 pm

I'm actualy looking forward to this! Haven't been excited for new Stratovarius for ages.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:53 pm

This is an album I am very much looking forward to hearing! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius - Polaris   Stratovarius - Polaris Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stratovarius - Polaris
Page 1 of 1