Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stratovarius- Nemesis

Go down 
+7
Spiner202
SAHB Healer
metalhead777
Orion Crystal Ice
Chrome Locust
A Handful of Wayne
11 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Stratovarius- Nemesis Empty
PostSubject: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm

So has anyone else picked up or listened to the new Stratovarius album "Nemesis"? I got it a few weeks ago. I never really bothered to check out the single or samples of the album before it was released. I just expected it to sound like the usual Strato album. Well what a damn shock I had when I saw the new video for the song Halcyon Days. HOLY CRAP! They changed things up this time. After seeing that video I went ahead and placed my order for the cd. I think its the best thing they have released in a very long time and if you haven't heard this song or any other song off this album you should check it out. Its not your typical Stratovarius, this ones good.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Sounds awfully same old. New metal bands really don't cut it.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Stratovarius' debut was in 1989 and the basic current sound with the current singer was fleshed out in 1995. Razz
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:22 pm

That does sound pretty good. I need to update my collection.I'm behind on these guys. The last one of their's I got was Elements Part II
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
Sounds awfully same old. New metal bands really don't cut it.

scratch

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:08 pm

007 wrote:
That does sound pretty good. I need to update my collection.I'm behind on these guys. The last one of their's I got was Elements Part II

Just skip the ones after Elements and get this one. The other are what you would expect Stratovarious to sound like this one isn't that.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Thinking of picking it up.
Its got that same catchy feeling Sonata Arctica has, which I love.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 2:45 am

I'm thinking about picking this up. Like many people I got bored with them around the time of Elements, but I just ripped a bunch of 90's metal to my I-pod and heard Twilight Time for the first time in years. I'd forgotten what a damn fine album that was. They were about my fave band back then. Curious about this one, they needed to change it up a bit as they were getting awfully predictable.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Nemesis and Elysium are by far Stratovarius' best work. I was disappointed with Nemesis at first, but now I like it almost as much as Elysium. I still don't like the weird part in "Halcyon Days", but everything else is amazing. "Unbreakable" and "Fantasy" are my two favourites from the album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Have to check it out based on what you guys are saying, haven't listened to them in a long time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 am

After Polaris and Elysium went in one ear and out the other, I haven't bothered with this one. Sounds like I may need to give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:44 am

metalhead777 wrote:

it does have some SA influence - before SA went down hill... I might have to listen to this some more.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:17 am

exact33 wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

it does have some SA influence - before SA went down hill... I might have to listen to this some more.

surprised SA was influenxed by Strato, and now it's the other way around? Is that even possible?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:23 am

kmorg wrote:
exact33 wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

surprised SA was influenxed by Strato, and now it's the other way around? Is that even possible?

it does!

Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 am

Jani from Sonata Arctica co-wrote two tracks and played on one, so that might be why there is a big SA influence on the album Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stratovarius- Nemesis   Stratovarius- Nemesis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stratovarius- Nemesis
Page 1 of 1