Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)

Go down 
+9
nevermore
Todd Jaymz
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Vordul
ghostintheruins
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Why not write about neither?
True. I was just saying, if you want to write about video games, write about one from your generation, one you understand.

Why? Band have been writing about history for years. Does it matter if it's recent history or older history?

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:07 am

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
True. I was just saying, if you want to write about video games, write about one from your generation, one you understand.
Why? Band have been writing about history for years. Does it matter if it's recent history or older history?
Of course not, but in this instance it seems like the band is writing about stuff from that era because they're trying too hard. I don't think you need to write about stuff from the 80s just because you're playing a style of music that saw it's birth then.

My comments in this thread are solely based on me feeling like the band is trying too hard, like they're trying to convince us that they're really old school.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:44 am

On the contrary, I don't think they are trying hard enough ... to write good quality lyrics that aren't disposable.

I think pretty much anyone can pick some 80s property and write "thrash" lyrics about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:09 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
On the contrary, I don't think they are trying hard enough ... to write good quality lyrics that aren't disposable.

I think pretty much anyone can pick some 80s property and write "thrash" lyrics about it.
Well, they're trying too hard from the wrong angle.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Of course not, but in this instance it seems like the band is writing about stuff from that era because they're trying too hard. I don't think you need to write about stuff from the 80s just because you're playing a style of music that saw it's birth then.

My comments in this thread are solely based on me feeling like the band is trying too hard, like they're trying to convince us that they're really old school.

OK, I understand what you are saying. Thanks for clarifying. I can agree to a point. I guess I just never really focused that much on their lyrics to begin with.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:13 am

Hey Eyesore which Extol was it?If its Burial you should go back and get it.Otherwise you made a good choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:20 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Hey Eyesore which Extol was it?If its Burial you should go back and get it.Otherwise you made a good choice.
I just checked, it was The Blueprint Dives. The main reason I dropped that one is that it looked like a screamo album. Is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:32 am

Not screamo, but not true Extol. But still good, IMO. They have a couple samples on their Myspace from it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
I just checked, it was The Blueprint Dives. The main reason I dropped that one is that it looked like a screamo album. Is it?

Thats my least favorite of theirs.Alot of people will tell you the same.While Burial was a great progressive melo-death album mixing alot of styles,the Blueprint Dives is a more modern sounding album with more clean vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:45 am

I haven't heard this one yet, or their debut for that matter. Locky dangled that one in my face over and over, but was too cool for the stuff on my tradelist Cool . I liked what I've heard on their myspace page. Someday I'll find both of these releases in the used bins for cheap. Someday.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Get it Eyesore. I think you'll like it. It's not the "melodic death/black metal" they started out as, thus many fans didn't like it. However, it's a very good CD with a lot of thrash influences. Modern for sure, but not bad at all.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:53 pm

My copy arrived today. YAY! headbanger

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:32 am

ultmetal wrote:
My copy arrived today. YAY! headbanger

Tell us what you think of it,Ult
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:37 am

Listened this morning on the way to work. Sounds really good to me. Thrash it up! :bangyerhead:

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:05 am

I ordered this album, CITIZEN BRAIN and i think it comes with a dvd, is that correct? And whats on it??? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:14 am

I watched some of the DVD. It has some behind the scenes footage of the band recording, lost of silly off-the-wall stuff, some live footage. Not something I would probably watch more than once. Actually, I didn't get all the way through the DVD.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:20 am

Yeah,I watched bits and pieces of the DVD.Not something I'll ever watch more than once.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:12 pm

Thanks guys for the info about the dvd. I will watch it when i have it home. Thanksssssssss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3