Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)

Go down 
+9
nevermore
Todd Jaymz
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Vordul
ghostintheruins
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Empty
PostSubject: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 pm

The new Gama Bomb album is due out in May, and below is the artwork.

http://www.myspace.com/gamabomb

gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Coverf10
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 7:40 pm

Cool artwork! GOTTA HAVE THIS!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:47 am

I like more the primative artwork from their first album but this is still okay. Of course i will buy it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:53 am

krokus wrote:
I like more the primative artwork from their first album but this is still okay.

Wasn't really that keen on that cover either, but this artwork reminds me too much of the Earache comp. "Thrashing like a maniac", I assume that Earache will do a Vinyl edition also for this, what with Evile and all getting that treatment.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:03 am

Locky wrote:
krokus wrote:
I like more the primative artwork from their first album but this is still okay.

Wasn't really that keen on that cover either, but this artwork reminds me too much of the Earache comp. "Thrashing like a maniac", I assume that Earache will do a Vinyl edition also for this, what with Evile and all getting that treatment.

I dont think this new artwork fit with their old school music and attitude. They want to take their fans back to the 80s but with this artwork they are not going to make it Very Happy , they need a primative artwork, a 80s one, a kind of a punk metal artwork would be cool. Some headbangers, crossovers and punks killing some hip hop kid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:43 am

Is Earache putting this CD out?

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:58 am

ultmetal wrote:

Yes they are.

I agree Krokus, there's nothing like seening a bit of art with a Doc Martin boot being placed so far up someones arse, that you could tie the laces through their mouth.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:21 am

I would argue about the cover not taking someone back to the 80's. It has a comic book feel to it, and comics were big time collector's items in the 80's and 90's. Everyone I knew at the time (we were all metalheads) was into collecting comics.

BTW, I will have this album!

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:14 pm

Personally, I like the art. Martha Splatterhead-ish. Besides, the tunes WILL rage, what else really matters? You can't see art when skankin' at 1000 mph.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:31 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I would argue about the cover not taking someone back to the 80's. It has a comic book feel to it, and comics were big time collector's items in the 80's and 90's. Everyone I knew at the time (we were all metalheads) was into collecting comics.

BTW, I will have this album!

To me this look more like the 90s/OOs comics, not the 80s comics that i was reading when i was young. Those old comics also had many times that tipical primative artwork. For exemple, those CONAN from the 80s are so different then CONAN from 92 or 93.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:32 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Personally, I like the art. Martha Splatterhead-ish. Besides, the tunes WILL rage, what else really matters? You can't see art when skankin' at 1000 mph.

I bought many albums back in the days because the artwork, specialy in the late 80s beginning of the 90s thats why:YES, ARWORK IS IMPORTANT Very Happy (at least to me).
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Locky wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yes they are.

I agree Krokus, there's nothing like seening a bit of art with a Doc Martin boot being placed so far up someones arse, that you could tie the laces through their mouth.

Thanks LOCKY, you got my point 🤘 Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm not saying the art is Un-important, just that the art does not change the music. And besides, we're not in the 80's any more. Some of these bands were not even ALIVE in the 80's. It's their scene - it's new, not recycled - nothing wrong with the art being modernized to go along with the modernization of the scene itself. All I know is that for the first time in 15 years, I am EXCITED about new music again!!! SEND MORE PARAMEDICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:39 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I'm not saying the art is Un-important, just that the art does not change the music. And besides, we're not in the 80's any more. Some of these bands were not even ALIVE in the 80's. It's their scene - it's new, not recycled - nothing wrong with the art being modernized to go along with the modernization of the scene itself. All I know is that for the first time in 15 years, I am EXCITED about new music again!!! SEND MORE PARAMEDICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know its not the 80s anymore but GAMA BOMB try to sound and look like a 80s band, something i like very much too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm totally with ya - and I would love Pushead to do all the art for all the bands! But life goes on.

Why don't ya get over to the states, Krokus, and we mosh it up for awhile?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:59 pm

I really like their music (and lyrics) but find the singer to be totally..bland?. He's completely without any kind of unique magnetism. I think a more aggressive vocalist would sound killer with these guys.

Love the "techno enthusiasts" line in 'Bullet Belt'.
Back to top Go down
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:00 am

Amazing album, everyone needs this.

"Time to full the thrash vacuum, thrash like it's '86" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:04 am

Really want this one.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:07 am

yeah me too..............better than evile in my opinion very happy
Back to top Go down
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:11 am

Vordul wrote:
yeah me too..............better than evile in my opinion very happy

Much better than Evile. I saw both of them on the same show a few months ago and Gama Bomb were far superior (Definitely not saying evile were bad, because they were excellent)
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:56 am

The samples sound quite good and far better than their first disc.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:09 am

Need to pick this one up
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:13 pm

It's a excellent new school Thrash listen, so is the new Bonded By Blood!!-TJ
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:41 pm

I'm hoping to pick up a copy of this soon.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:39 pm

I got this album a week or so ago.

This is easily one of the best of the new school of thrash.

Some great riffs on here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next