Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)

Go down 
+9
nevermore
Todd Jaymz
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Vordul
ghostintheruins
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 pm

I'm listening to this on Myspace right now, this smokes!!! Lightning fast Thrash!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 4:37 pm

I'm picking this up sometime over the next few days. I haven't heard the whole thing but I have heard people say this is the best album yet of the thrash revival movement. So it has to have at least a few good tunes on it, am I right?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 4:48 pm

I picked this cd up a few days ago. Great thrash!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:10 pm

Man, I picked up this album today. It was on sale for $7.99 and comes with a DVD. A 2CD version of the Bonded By Blood album was also $7.99, so I snagged both. The Gama Bomb disc blows Bonded away, though. Holy crap! Citizen Brain is ridiculously good! Talk about a new band doing the old school stuff properly!

Guess I'll need to track down the debut now.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Man, I picked up this album today. It was on sale for $7.99 and comes with a DVD. A 2CD version of the Bonded By Blood album was also $7.99, so I snagged both. The Gama Bomb disc blows Bonded away, though. Holy crap! Citizen Brain is ridiculously good! Talk about a new band doing the old school stuff properly!

Guess I'll need to track down the debut now.

I just got this today as well.Its a great old school Thrash disc.They remind me of Municipal Waste at times.This takes me back to the early days of Thrash.Alot of punk delivery.Awesome release.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 11:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The Gama Bomb disc blows Bonded away, though.

No kidding. It's not even close.

But GB's debut ain't too hot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:28 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
The Gama Bomb disc blows Bonded away, though.
No kidding. It's not even close.

But GB's debut ain't too hot.
Yeah, I kind of got that vibe after reading all these posts and the other thread out there. Might be cool for the collection, but not a top priority find. I almost passed on Citizen Brain for a used Flotsam and Jetsam disc and a used Extol disc (never heard them before). Glad I put those back.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:30 am

Depends on which used Flots it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:57 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
It was Dreams of Death.
Back to top Go down
Martin
Metal novice
Metal novice
Martin

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:55 am

Pfft! There are not many discs I wouldn't prefer over Dreams Of Death. You made the right decision.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 7:59 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
It was Dreams of Death.

"you chose ......... wisely ........"

(Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade reference)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:39 am

Is it worth $4.99? That was the price.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:47 am

Waiting on my copy in the mail.

Also, I like Flot's Dream of Death. Temple of Blood pretty much dislikes anything with even the slightest hint of modern influence.

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood pretty much dislikes anything with even the slightest hint of modern influence.
No WAY!! lol!

Wait until you get this album, Scott. It's fantastic. This is probably the best thrash album I've picked up this year. New thrash, of course.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:39 pm

That's because pretty much everything "modern" is garbage. They take away everything that was good about old metal and replace it with .... nothing.

But I said before that GOD FORBID "Antihero" is a good song. It actually has good riffs and a good arrangement.

It's better to spend $15 on each of F&J's first two albums than 5 bucks for their recent ones IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Dreams of Death is 100% worth the 4.99 price tag. I really dig that album.

Bands change. If a band made the same sounding album even 3 times in a row (except if its Mtorhead) people would be up in arms. Viva La Change!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:40 pm

Sure, but it's funny how often bands change to align themselves with the current trends and the $$$. Is it honest growth or chasing the commercial prize?

Tuning down to sound like PANTERA in the 90s, Dee Snider going country, etc etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:43 pm

I agree alot of bands do things for money, but I work a job I hate for money. We all gotta eat. Smile

For the record, Dee didn't go country. That was a TV show. For a paycheck, sure, but a musical change? Nah, didn't happen. If anyone needs to be crucified for a TV show, its Ozzy Osbourne. What a douche.

As for Pantera? They were a joke from day one, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:01 pm

Aww, I like that Bonded By Blood. It's loose in the rhythm department but has sort of a garage feel and the kids did pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:39 pm

What's with these young metal bands writing about stuff from the 80s, or an era before they existed as people let alone a band? I mean, isn't it enough just playing old school metal? Why does Bonded By Blood have to do a song about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as a joke or not. Why is Gama Bomb writing about old NES games? Were they even alive then, or older than two?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:44 pm

GAMA BOMB also wrote about General Zod from Superman II. EVILE wrote about a bunch of 80s action movies.

That's the kind of stuff that's gonna get thrash relegated to "joke" status.

What these new bands don't seem to realize is that thrash wasn't a joke when it started, nor is it now.

That's why I appreciate the sincerity of bands like STRIKEMASTER and VIOLATOR a lot more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Yeah, it takes away from the integrity of the music, if you ask me. Sure, they're great songs, but an 18-year-old kid doesn't know dick about Space Invaders! At least not enough to be writing about it like they were a kid in the 80s dropping $50 in quarters at the arcade every Saturday. Why not write about Final Fantasy VII? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:53 pm

Why not write about neither?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 7:51 pm

I need to pick this CD. I loved the first one, although the vokills are trully an acquired choice and took me awhile to digest.

The artwork looks like drawn by Tom Martin (The Lich King dude).
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:24 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Why not write about neither?
True. I was just saying, if you want to write about video games, write about one from your generation, one you understand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)   gama bomb - Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain (new album)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next