Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th

Go down 
+13
Lurideath
Ben Grimm
nevermore
powermacho
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ghost
ohwellmonkey
Thrasher73
sam
Schbopo
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Empty
PostSubject: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Right here...

http://www.earache.com/gamabomb/

Don't get your panties in a twist, old-schoolers. It's all legal-like. Earache Records is offering a free download of the new album, Tales From The Grave In Space, via RapidShare. Click on the link, then go to Album Anouncement for details. You'll get the songs and all artwork included. No word if there will be an actual cd release as well.

And check out this article defending the practice of legal downloads...
http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/10/28/earache-records-takes-one-giant-step-into-the-future/#more-23463
It's just one bloggers opinion, but he makes some interesting points.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:27 pm

I am looking forward to hearing this but I am not sure if this will work for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 pm

It's a load of bollox really, all it is is good marketing on Earache's behalf as it's been posted about for two months now, you'll probaby get these messages from Earache after the 12th of Nov saying that there was 5000 downloads during it's first week.

Great to see Rapidshare on board too.

Vinyl and Double CD will be released in February.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:53 pm

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:43 pm

Cool, need to give these guys a chance, no better time then the present.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:00 pm

I'll wait for the actual CD release,
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:24 pm

This is sweet news
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:39 am

This is cool. I'll download it and probably upgrade it when the CD is out. I am going to see Gama Bomb playing end of November.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:19 am

Not familiar with this band, but for free AND LEGAL, I will download, throw it on my ipod and check em out. If I like, I will start collecting the past discs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:55 am

Sure, what the hell, I'll give it a whirl. Never heard this band either. What bands are they similar to?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sure, what the hell, I'll give it a whirl. Never heard this band either. What bands are they similar to?

They would probably have more in common with somebody like Municipal Waste.Thrash with a punkish delivery,although not quite the crossover sound that MW has.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:15 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

They would probably have more in common with somebody like Municipal Waste.Thrash with a punkish delivery,although not quite the crossover sound that MW has.

Cool, sounds like it should be up my alley then... Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:22 am

Here ya go Freddy,check out some of their tunes on myspace.

www.myspace.com/gamabomb
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:24 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Here ya go Freddy,check out some of their tunes on myspace.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/gamabomb

Thanx man. Will have to check it out later, no speakers on this PC. Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_sad

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 10:08 am

ghost wrote:
This is cool. I'll download it and probably upgrade it when the CD is out. I am going to see Gama Bomb playing end of November.

I imagine I'll do the same. Download now, purchase later.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:56 pm

This is a great move. but they are not the first to done it.
Fountain of Tears were one of those bands that had their album to be streamed on their site for like a week.
Inexerdium gave you a downloaded copy while you wait for the cd to arrive.

I see it as a smart move, this way the guys that really like it, can purchase the product. I agree with what the guy is talking about the 360 move from Labels, it would involve them more with touring and merch
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:34 pm

The 360 deal has the label receiving money off the band's touring and merch sales as well as cd sales. I'm not so sure that this is a great idea especially for an up and coming type band like Gama Bomb.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Quote :
this way the guys that really like it, can purchase the product

Unfortunately, I think that's gonna be a very small percentage. Especially for a small band like Gama Bomb. In all likelyhood, they will have a rather small-ish percentage of free-downloaders, then even a smaller percentage of those people buying an actual cd. It's a different story if someone big like Metallica offered a free download of their next album.

Quote :
The 360 deal has the label receiving money off the band's touring and merch sales as well as cd sales. I'm not so sure that this is a great idea especially for an up and coming type band like Gama Bomb.

Sound a little fishy to me as well, knowing that most bands make their "real" money through touring & merch. How many of them are gonna want to give up a slice of that pie? But as the accompaning article pointed out, using that 360 deal could force the record labels to promote & tour the bands more in order to make a profit, knowing that they are making nothing (or next to nothing) by relying on the sales of the record by itself.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:05 pm

[/quote]

Sound a little fishy to me as well, knowing that most bands make their "real" money through touring & merch. How many of them are gonna want to give up a slice of that pie? But as the accompaning article pointed out, using that 360 deal could force the record labels to promote & tour the bands more in order to make a profit, knowing that they are making nothing (or next to nothing) by relying on the sales of the record by itself.[/quote]

If the 360 deal forces the label to promote the bands more then I agree it could help.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:04 pm

I'll be getting it
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:54 am

Bump!!

Come and get it!!

EDIT: Ohhhhhh, me likey!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:30 pm

I have a few of these guys past releases, and so far this is their best! Thanks Metalguy!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:33 am

Checkin out the Gama Bomb right now... me likee... riff wise I hear a lotta Slayer/Exodus going on, vocally I'm reminded of Bobby Blitz (with a hit of Gerre from Tankard)... and judging from the song titles and artwork, they have a thing for horror/sci-fi "B" movies, which is right up my alley... all around, good stuff!!

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:05 am

It sounds exactly like their last album. I was hoping they would've progressed. It's merely good ... still not great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:14 am

Quote :
It sounds exactly like their last album.

Eh, that's good enough for me.

Anyone know how long this will be available for free download?

PostSubject: Re: Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th   Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE  on Nov. 5th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get The New Gama Bomb Album for FREE on Nov. 5th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next