Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nude Metal bands you are into?

Go down 
+32
metalmaniac122
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
caniplaywithmadness?
fishingd
stepcousin
Hamer12
TH Joe
kmorg
AchrisK
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
stars destroy
Sword Of The Heretic
Lurideath
TrogDawn
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Olafsto
sovdat
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
Shiney
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
romeolimagolf
mc666
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 5:52 pm

Nu-Metal can be divided into three camps, generally:

1. The "urban" faction--Rap-metal, etc.
(i.e. Limp Bizkit, POD, etc.)

2. Aggressive alt-rock.
(Godsmack, Fuel, etc.)

3. Electronic stadium Rock
(Rob Zombie, Godhead, etc.)

Generally speaking, I *despise* anything in the first camp, though I tend to dig anything in the third.

But I also liked:

Union Underground
Bionic Jive
Machine Head
Tool
Fear Factory
Orgy
System Of A Down
Dope
Dub War

Also, the debut albums by Korn, Disturbed, and Staind were all quite good for what they were. I saw Staind live several times, and they were much heavier up close. I would also say that Slipknot had a really good live show (though I didn't care for the records). Also, does Biohazard's Urban Discipline count? It sort of predated that whole scene...

)+(
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 8:17 pm

I dont think Im entirely sure what is labeled as Nu-metal.
whats the difference between metalcore, nu-metal and modern rock/metal?(or any other genres similar to these)
a detailed response would be appreciated.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 8:56 am

Good luck breaking that down stepcousin.

I guess bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Sevendust, Disturbed, Disciple, Linkin Park, etc. are considered nu-metal. They generally have those stop-start rhythms, rap-inspired vocals, lack guitar solos, have those chugging breakdowns, etc. According to Wickipedia:
Quote :
Nu metal, also called new metal, aggro metal or nĂ¼ metal, is a musical genre that has origins in the mid 1990s. It typically fuses influences from the grunge[1] and alternative metal of the early 1990s with hip hop, electronic music and other metal genres, most often thrash metal and groove metal.

Metalcore is usually much more aggressive and is very much inspired by hardcore, usually have a vocalist that is screaming in that typical metalcore fashion. Not sure how to put it into words. All I know is that I am soooo tired of hearing metalcore vocalists. They seem to dominate the market right now and are faceless and boring. Some metalcore bands incorporate a bit of death metal or melodic death metal in their sound. Bands like As I Lay Dying, Unearth, Demon Hunter, Bleeding Through, All that Remains, Killswitch Engage, Fasedown, late Living Sacrifice, etc. According to Wickipedia:
Quote :
Defining the metalcore sound is not an easy task, as various bands
have fused a hardcore-influenced sound and attitude with many different
types of metal. The earliest signs of this before being labeled
metalcore was 'crossover thrash'. The band that declared the crossover was Dirty Rotten Imbeciles on their late 1980s album of the same name. Other bands, like Nuclear Assault and Suicidal Tendencies, are leading edge pioneers themselves. It should be noted that metalcore and crossover are generallyconsidered separate identities, with "crossover" referring to a mix of thrash metal and hardcore punk, and metalcore being a slower, heavier, hardcore-rooted style influenced by thrash metal and death metal.

Modern rock is something more akin to Creed, Blink 182, Goo Goo Dolls, etc. Not a big fan of the style, so this may be left for someone else to break down.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 10:38 am

thanks, I had a pretty good idea of all of that but I wanted a guru to really spell it out with some bands included.
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 11:04 am

ultmetal wrote:

Metalcore is usually much more aggressive and is very much inspired by hardcore, usually have a vocalist that is screaming in that typical metalcore fashion. Not sure how to put it into words. All I know is that I am soooo tired of hearing metalcore vocalists. They seem to dominate the market right now and are faceless and boring.

I can total agree with that statement...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 6:28 pm

All time favorite Nu Metal would have to be KoRn. More so their earlier stuff than the most recent album which I like, but just wasn't into it as much as the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 12:01 am

Sevendust (I got to meet Lajon Witherspoon before a show and he was one of the coolest people ever)

Slipknot

One Minute Silence (One of my favorite bands of any genre)

Linkin Park (They have some catchy songs)

Saliva

Stuck Mojo (If you wanna consider them Nu Metal)

Mudvayne

Korn (The first 3 albums mainly but some of the other stuff is good)
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:29 am

nu metal = GAK!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:03 am

Disturbed

I liked Tool and Godsmack too, but I don't consider them Nu Metal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:26 am

NU METAL SUCKS ASS
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:04 pm

korn
distrubed
system of a down

these are the only ones i like

the rest can rot especially stinkin fart..... oh i meant linkin park
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:16 pm

I only like 2 nu metal songs,Korn - Freak on a Leash and Slipknot - Wait and Bleed headbanger (i dont realy like nu metal) No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Props to the dude giving Bionic Jive a nod. They rule.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:30 pm

Slipknot! There new stuff is really good.

Actually, can you even consider them nu metal any more?
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:11 am

Nothing "nu metal" is good, or should ever be labeled music; but of course that's just my opinion...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:34 am

xyz wrote:

They were never nu-metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:35 am

Skysplitter wrote:
Nothing "nu metal" is good, or should ever be labeled music; but of course that's just my opinion...
You were like two years old when nu-metal was big.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:26 am

Eyesore wrote:
Skysplitter wrote:

My age doesn't change the fact that Nu-Metal Sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:39 am

Skysplitter wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Skysplitter wrote:
My age doesn't change the fact that Nu-Metal Sucks.
There is no genre of music that sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:50 am

Not many much... I really like Mastodon but I don't know If they are considered Nu-Metal or not!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:47 am

There's a few songs I like here and there from different bands, but on the whole, this is one subgenre I could never get into. Disturbed has a couple of songs I wouldnt change the station on (although I dislike them for other reasons), same with Sevendust, Bionic Jive, and Kittie.

slipknot, linkin park, and limp bizkit I absolutely despise though, they carry the honor of being the only bands besides Kenny Rogers which have made me wish I was temporairly deaf. Id rather listen to someone beating a cat with a guitar, at least that might sound interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
xyz wrote:

They were never nu-metal.

Then what were they?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:58 am

Slipknot was one of the bands that started Nu-metal
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:04 am

Dry Kill Logic is one of my favs along with

Stuck Mojo
One Minute Silence
Mudvayne
Korn - just there s/t, untouchables, and take a look in the mirror
Slaves on Dope
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Puya - ONE AWESOME BAND
Soulfly
Nonpoint
Drowning Pool - Sinner
Deftones - Adrenaline
Disturbed
Sevendust
Stone Sour
System of a Down
Flaw - just there debut cd is which i cant find anywhere.
Five Bolt Main
Hed PE

these are pretty much it
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:55 pm

Heh, I notice another thread title change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nude Metal bands you are into?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next