Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nude Metal bands you are into?

Go down 
+32
metalmaniac122
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
caniplaywithmadness?
fishingd
stepcousin
Hamer12
TH Joe
kmorg
AchrisK
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
stars destroy
Sword Of The Heretic
Lurideath
TrogDawn
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Olafsto
sovdat
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
Shiney
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
romeolimagolf
mc666
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Nude Metal bands you are into? Empty
PostSubject: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:31 pm

I love all styles of music, I freely admit I do enjoy some NU Metal. I like
Disturbed
Linkin Park
Slipknot
Creed
Lit

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Creed (havent heard anything since Weathered)
Disturbed (Uncle Saxons fav.)
Seether

are the only ones that come to mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Too many to name! Haha. If it's good, I'll dig it. That's the way I see it. I don't care about genres and mass opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 6:11 pm

Sevendust, if that is considered nu-metal. All others can burn in the deepest pits of Hades (especially Disturbed).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 6:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Too many to name! Haha. If it's good, I'll dig it. That's the way I see it. I don't care about genres and mass opinions.
same here. so not confusing nu-metal with metalcore, i like Evanescense, Disturbed, Sevendust, Soulfly, Slipknot, Wicked Wisdom, Kittie, etc, etc.

i like metalcore too.

romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 6:28 pm

OK, here are a few that come to mind. I have included some Alternative bands as well, because the genere lines can be blurred a bit between the two, IMO

Evanescence
Celldweller
Drain STH
Korn
Disturbed
Godsmack
Evans Blue
Pain Cell
Veruca Salt
Tool
Stone Sour
Slipknot
Staind
Sevendust
Seether
Saliva
Mudvayne
Faktion
Damone
Chevelle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 6:30 pm

Oh yeah - I like Kittie too (thanks mc)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 6:31 pm

I want to check out Kittie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 6:36 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Sevendust, if that is considered nu-metal. All others can burn in the deepest pits of Hades (especially Disturbed).

Hey Sax, whatever happened that review slot you had on a site a couple of months back ? I remember you did a Disturbed review and was heard from no more, were you fired ? you should have been for that review, it was pure muck.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 6:49 pm

True thrash metal band, Disturbed from Minnesota, before anyone gets any ideas....

It was on a friend of mines site. I decided do my own site and
kind of let it go. And of course, I have done nothing to start my
own site, so there ya are. I figure there is enough muck on the
web anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 6:56 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I figure there is enough muck on the
web anyways.

True, If anyone knows what Muck looks like it's you, hailing from Gopher county and all. Laughing very hard

Hey if you want you can review some of the CDs for my site. (whenever it's finished, I'm up to Seven Witches now).
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 7:08 pm

Funny you should mention, as this time of year is usually when I listen to NU-metal (it just fits in with the late winter blahs for some reason). The best I have heard from my far from comprehensive sampling have been Disturbed and Fireball Ministry. But here is the cool thing I've discovered about "flavor of the month" bands. I've been getting the CD's I liked from the late 90's for .01 cent each on Amazon (2.59 shipping). All but a select few are forgotten so quickly; and apparently the hype causes an overstock often. Here are some of my favorites. Pretty much the Nu-metal sound, but maybe not quite the high tech crunch of 2000's era recordings...Sugartooth, Mental Hippie Blood, Sex Love & Money, New Idol Sun, Chum, and especially a band called Only Living Witness, which is like Nu-metal crossed with Helmet. The Mindfunk "Dropped" CD was good. Several others, all right from the time just before Godsmack hit it big, but pretty much the same "Post Soundgarden" sound. Most now long forgotten and available dirt cheap. Only Living Witness kicks ass, believe me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Well, this is a style of music I just cannot get into. It comes across as annoying drivel. To each his own though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 7:20 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
I want to check out Kittie
Kittie have evolved. They've gotten heavier and more metal every album. Their first one is undoubtedly a nu-metal album, their second could probably be considered extreme nu-metal or something. They're not as bad as people would make you believe.

One of my favorite nu-metal bands is Flaw. Anyone heard them? They broke up for a while, two members formed Five.Bolt.Main, which pretty much sounded like Flaw. Excellent bands. And Flaw has gotten back together.

Check out some tunes:

FLAW - WHOLE
FLAW - PAYBACK
FLAW - MEDICATE (Possibly a fan-made video)
FLAW - RECOGNIZE (Fan-mad video)
FLAW - ONLY THE STRONG (Acoustic live version)

FIVE.BOLT.MAIN - THE GIFT
FIVE.BOLT.MAIN - PATHETIC

What is so great about Flaw/Five.Bolt.Main is the emotion that the songs exude. Nu-metal isn't a genre known for its depth, but Volz's lyrics and melodies are outstanding. Many of their songs give me chills.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 7:36 pm

Quote :
If it's good, I'll dig it.

This is how I operate as well. SOIL is my nu-metal band of choice, I guess. I enjoy random nu-metal songs here and there. I don't mind the tune of the instraments....a lot of the songs settle into a groove and just romp, and I like that.

I have no idea how to classify System Of A Down...but about 1/2 their songs are BRILLIANT and the other half unlistenable, so they provide a lot of enjoyment for me. When they are brilliant I think they're one of the most talented and interesting bands to come around in a LONG time....🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 8:06 pm

Sevendust

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 8:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Sevendust
you listed Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists as one of your top 25 of 2006 in this thread...
https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/Main-Forum-Area-c1/Heart-Of-Metal-f1/Top-50-Hard-Rock-Metal-CDs-of-2006-p3212.htm#3212

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 8:44 pm

Ooops. Forgot about Disturbed. Embarassed

OK, so....

Sevendust

Distrubed

and sometimes I can tolerate Disciple

ult
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 8:48 pm

I used to lisnte to Slipknot, SOAD, Korn, and such but kinda grew out of it. I used to love em alot too. I just stopped listening to their stuff, when I found stuff like Maiden and Slayer!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 pm

About half the bands listed here aren't nu-metal, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 pm

A few bands I like that fall into the vaguely titled "nu metal" category:

Disturbed
Godsmack
Puddle of Mudd
Linkin Park
Saliva
Cold
Union Underground

There's more, but none of them come to mind right now. The really new bands that get play on the radio I really don't care for at all. It's all very bland to me, but the ones I listed above I at least own one album of and generally enjoy their singles, even if these bands aren't any of my all-time favorites.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 9:29 pm

KITTIE
BULLETS & OCTANE
CRADLE OF THORNS
AMEN
DEADSY
SEVENDUST (the 1st disc)
SYSTEM OF A DOWN (I can't help it)
DEFTONES

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 pm

Well, I have this principle that I go by as a NU-metal consumer, which I call the "Monster Magnet" principle. Not that Monster Magnet was a Nu-metal band, but bear with me here...The idea is that Monster Magnet was a homage to bands from early hard rock, such as Mountain, Cactus, Frigid Pink. I listen to those early pioneer bands all the time, but I never listen to Monster Magnet because I'm satisified with the vintage bands that I've collected, and I don't need to hear the sound recapitulated by Monster Magnet, even though I don't dislike them. I take the same approach to NU-metal; I'm personally satisfied with the several discs that I consider to be from the early part of that movement (Karma to Burn s/t is another one that I like); so I don't feel like I need to keep up with every new band that recapitulates that sound. I know I'm missing a lot of good songs; but frankly most of the newer stuff I've bought in the last few years has given me a been-there-done that feeling. There are certain genres that I like to keep way up to date on; but I think either approach is o.k.; vintage or cutting edge; whatever a person enjoys. Personally, I like to collect backwards, especially with NU-metal; eventually picking up the stuff that stands the test of time, or discovering stuff that fell between the cracks and is now available dirt cheap. I wonder what ever became of some of the bands that were hyped big for awhile? Loudmouth? Soulmotor kind of messed around with the NU sound a little; I think they were actually Tesla guys etc. Where are they now?
For the record, this isn't my favorite kind of music. Especially the stuff I hear on the radio. Mostly rhythmic, repetitive songs that are muscled way up; but I hardly ever hear any really catchy riffs as with good power metal.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 pm

Sevendust (the new one is GREAT!!!)
Disturbed
Godsmack
Puddle of Mudd
Saliva
Dark New Day
Nickelback
Creed
Silvertide

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 12:14 am

Demon Hunter... if that's 'nu-metal'... my boys dig 'em. they actually have some chorus 'melodies' that you can 'sing' too... A hook ?!?! what a unique idea !!
Creed....
couple tunes by Soundgarden.... must admit to Slipknot on the odd tune I've heard... hatebreed.... same as slipknot... but they're not nu-metal are they?? "clueless look"scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nude Metal bands you are into?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next