Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?

Go down 
+14
mr.electric39
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Addy
manny
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
Thrasher73
snooloui
Schbopo
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Empty
PostSubject: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Recognizing the difference between the two genres (glam metal is the heavier of the two, gritty, sleazy -- whereas hair metal would pretty much be your hard rock) ... out of both genres, what are your favorite bands?

By the way -- this thread isn't for arguing who isn't (or who is) glam or hair metal. All of us will see things differently. For instance, I see Wasp and Dokken as glam metal. You might not. Fine, no problem. We don't have to agree. Just list who your favorites are from the bands who ARE this style to you.

Top 20 please:

1. Britny Fox (this has been my fave glam metal band since 1989 when I was just 12 yrs. old)

2. Ratt
3. Kix
4. Twisted Sister
5. Bon Jovi
6. Winger
7. Motley Crue
8. Slaughter
9. Stryper
10. Dokken
11. Wasp
12. TNT
13. White Lion
14. Y&T
15. Def Leppard
16. Firehouse
17. Cinderella
18. Pretty Boy Floyd
19. Angelica
20. Vixen
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Also, I would have included some of the new glam metal bands like The Last Vegas and Hardcore Superstar -- but they need more time IMO. The bands in my list have all been tried and true.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Hardcore Superstar
Babylon Bombs
Gemini Five
Backyard Babies
The Quireboys
Dogs d'Amour
Diamond Dogs
Towers Of London
Miss Crazy
Crashdiet
Crazy Lixx
Wildhearts
Bang Tango
Buckcherry
Beautiful Creatures
Hanoi Rocks
Michael Monroe

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Sweet
Van Halen
Queen
Backyard Babies
RATT
Motley Crue
Nitro
Twisted Sister
Def Leppard
Survivor
Tesla
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Good call with Sweet Schlomo but Queen?

Oh right, no debating genre definition.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:13 pm

If you can include Europe, then they'd be my favourite. Poison, Bon Jovi, Ratt, WASP, Stryper, Def Leppard are also bands I like.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Dangerous Toys
Tora Tora
Motley Crue
Twisted Sister
Cinderella
Britny Fox
Cyclone Tracy
Hardcore Superstar
Spread Eagle(more sleaze than hair or glam but anyway)
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:13 am

You guys reminded me of some great ones! Keep em coming!

Good calls on Europe and Dangerous Toys! Those are two of my faves as well.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 am

I'll just mention two from the recent past that I consider classics already.

Tokyo Dragons and Zan Clan.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:57 am

Skid Row
Ratt
Tesla
D Toys
Cinderella
GN'R
Bulletboys
Stryper
Angelica

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:35 am

Ratt
Motley Crue
Quiet Riot
Bon Jovi
Britny Fox
Smashed Gladys
Twisted Sister
Europe
Winger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:01 am

Lots of good ones listed that I forgot. Smashed Gladys, Zan Clan, Spread Eagle...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 am

theres no way on Gods green Earth I could list 20 but ill list some of my favs

GNR
RATT- For a few songs
Scorpions - for a few songs
Motley Crue- for a few songs
Skid Row- for their st album
Def Leppard- for Hysteria
Stryper
Angelica- for Cover Me and Dangerzone
Slaughter- for Angels and Up all Night
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:37 am

Twisted Sister
Dirty Looks
Dangerous Toys
Cinderella
Britny Fox
Ratt
Stryper
Fear Not
Slaughter
Skid Row
Kix
Broken Teeth
Sleeze Beez
Kiss (the non-make-up years)
Ratt
Tora Tora
Motley Crue
Holy Soldier
Quiet Riot
Y&T

I have a hard time labeling some of these bands "glam metal" and "hair metal". Twisted Sister were just pure heavy metal to me. Glam they were not. Ugly dudes in make-up, they were more properly labeled HID, 'cause they were hideous. The Scorpions, while they most certainly went that way, we one of the pioneers of traditional heavy metal. Uli Roth-era Scorps is far from "glam" or "hair" metal IMO. I love Motley Crue's first two albums, but these don't seem like glam or hair to me either. They were just traditional American heavy metal. But for argument's sake, I included some of these bands regardless.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:42 am

I had same issue that ULT in certain bands being labeled hair/pop metal, of course we can't even agree what bands are even metal let alone hair/pop metal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 am

manny wrote:
I had same issue that ULT in certain bands being labeled hair/pop metal, of course we can't even agree what bands are even metal let alone hair/pop metal.

Very true. lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 am

Dokken
Cinderella
KIX
Stryper
Dangerous Toys
Babylon A.D.

...and probably a whole bunch of others I can't think of off the top of my head...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:46 am

While I listened/owned tons of it back in the day, I don't listen to much these days. As I got older, alot if it didn't age well to me and fewer still made the upgrade from tape to cd. Some that did however...

Cinderella
Heaven's Edge
Bang Tango (just their first 2)
D.A.D.
Enuff Z'nuff
some Dokken
Seduce
LA Guns
Faster Pu$$ycat (just the first 2)
Dangerous Toys

Probably a few others that I'm forgetting, but those listed still get fairly regular spins from me.

EDIT: add Jetboy and BulletBoys too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Recognizing the difference between the two genres (glam metal is the heavier of the two, gritty, sleazy -- whereas hair metal would pretty much be your hard rock) ... out of both genres, what are your favorite bands?

By the way -- this thread isn't for arguing who isn't (or who is) glam or hair metal. All of us will see things differently. For instance, I see Wasp and Dokken as glam metal. You might not. Fine, no problem. We don't have to agree. Just list who your favorites are from the bands who ARE this style to you.

Top 20 please:

1. Britny Fox (this has been my fave glam metal band since 1989 when I was just 12 yrs. old) 10/10

2. Ratt 9.75/10
3. Kix 9.5/10
4. Twisted Sister 9.5/10
5. Bon Jovi 8.5/10
6. Winger 10/10
7. Motley Crue 9.75/10
8. Slaughter 9.5/10
9. Stryper 10/10
10. Dokken 9.5/10
11. Wasp 9.5/10
12. TNT 8/10
13. White Lion 9/10
14. Y&T 1/10
15. Def Leppard 9.5/10
16. Firehouse 10/10
17. Cinderella 10/10
18. Pretty Boy Floyd 5/10
19. Angelica 9.5/10
20. Vixen 9.5/10
Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? 604261
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 pm

I've actually been listening to a lot of this stuff over the past couple months and I've been receiving a lot of it in the mail. Listening to Lita Ford right now.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I've actually been listening to a lot of this stuff over the past couple months and I've been receiving a lot of it in the mail. Listening to Lita Ford right now.
The new one? How is it?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:12 pm

No, an old one. "Stiletto". Great cover of Alice Cooper's Only Woman Bleed.

The new one sucks royally IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:

Very true. Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Lol

+1

Frankly I wouldn't count Y&T in that group at all. Black Tiger, Mean Streak, Earthshaker, are more metal aren't they??

yet one man's poison is another man's joy.....

Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_smile

as far as favorites? hmmmm

dokken
ratt
TNT
just come to me immediately...

there are others drawing a blank....

Last edited by mr.electric39 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Cinderella
Def Leppard
Dokken
Tesla
Winger
Gotthard ? Do they qualify
Ratt
Wasp
Beautiful Creatures
Y & T
Motley Crue
Stryper
Dangerous Toys
House Of Lords
Black N Blue
Blue Murder
Whitesnake
Bon Jovi
Great White
The Scream
Siloam
Scorpions

Are you sure we can't debate whether these bands qualify? Y&T's early stuff is their best to me and doesn't fit these categories.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Firehouse
Bon Jovi
Cinderella
Slaughter
Europe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next