Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nude Metal bands you are into?

Go down 
+32
metalmaniac122
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
caniplaywithmadness?
fishingd
stepcousin
Hamer12
TH Joe
kmorg
AchrisK
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
stars destroy
Sword Of The Heretic
Lurideath
TrogDawn
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Olafsto
sovdat
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
Shiney
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
romeolimagolf
mc666
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:58 pm

Oooooooh NUDE metal! Sounds interesting. :bangyerhead:

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:02 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Slipknot was one of the bands that started Nu-metal
Nu-metal was already a well-established genre when Slipknot came onto the mainstream scene.

I actually lump them in with extreme metal bands. Call them extreme alt-metal, but they're not nu-metal.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:40 am

I think Korns debut cd is the one everyone classifies as the start of Nu-metal. That was in 94 if im not mistaken. Classifying bands is something about opinion and i think there was a gap in there between Korns debut where there wasnt too many nu-metal bands, then came Slipknot imo. That restarted the whole thing in my eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:17 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
I think Korns debut cd is the one everyone classifies as the start of Nu-metal. That was in 94 if im not mistaken. Classifying bands is something about opinion and i think there was a gap in there between Korns debut where there wasnt too many nu-metal bands, then came Slipknot imo. That restarted the whole thing in my eyes.
No way. Tons of bands were already doing the nu-metal thing at that point. And Korn's debut actually didn't blow up until right before Life Is Peachy came out, almost two years later. The thing is, Korn's popularity sparked that mainstream bloom, where labels were signing all kinds of bands. Slipknot's major label debut came out like three years later. In fact, some could argue that Slipknot went mainstream when nu-metal was already on the decline.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:27 pm

I think that Korn will forever be labeled as nu-metal just as much as the Poisons and Warrants will forever be labeled "hair metal". Sure, they might not have invented it, but they helped popularize it and bring it to the mainstream. They'll be stuck with those labels till the end of day, like it or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nude Metal bands you are into?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5