Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nude Metal bands you are into?

Go down 
+32
metalmaniac122
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
caniplaywithmadness?
fishingd
stepcousin
Hamer12
TH Joe
kmorg
AchrisK
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
stars destroy
Sword Of The Heretic
Lurideath
TrogDawn
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
Olafsto
sovdat
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
Shiney
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
romeolimagolf
mc666
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 7:38 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Yeah generalized in truth too!

Far from the truth, I believe... Joey Jordinson of Slipknot is an awesome drummer, Mick Thompson, lead guitarist of Slipknot, is also supposed to be quite a guitarist when Slipknot doesn't put him in a box, which they do. Search for him on YouTube and find some of his videos.

"Synyster Gates" or Brian from Avenged Sevenfold plays some nice solos too, and I think he sets the standard for a "nu-metal" guitarist. And I meant NU-METAL; not modern metal, which discludes Nevermore who has a superior guitarist, Jeff Loomis...

Mark Tremonti, from Creed, is a cool guitarist as well. Listen to some Alter Bridge solos, that's decent stuff I believe. Not to mention, Scott Stapp is an awesome singer.

Disturbed played some solos, and they had some good ones. Listen to "Stricken" or their cover of Genesis' "Land of Confusion." Those both have some nice playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 7:47 pm

OK, listen; Avenged Sevenfold are not nu-metal. Nor should they ever be taken seriously. They have changed on each album, changed to a style more accessible to the masses, dictated by the mainstream. And their solos are very textbook; much like they're just practice runs you'd find in a How To Solo book.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 8:13 pm

Why do you guys even post this on a METAL board when its not even metal? Its all pop rock stuff with distorted guitars. I strongly hate it all and feel it does nothing for metal than to give it a bad name that it does not need and furthering the likes of misinformation as to what is and is not metal.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 8:32 pm

Sevendust
Disturbed
Godsmack
Disciple
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 9:30 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Why do you guys even post this on a METAL board when its not even metal? Its all pop rock stuff with distorted guitars. I strongly hate it all and feel it does nothing for metal than to give it a bad name that it does not need and furthering the likes of misinformation as to what is and is not metal.

I agree 100% with Lurideath's statement. Nu Metal is nothing but a cheap rip off of true metal, and therefore should be destroyed. Metal has a proud rich heritage, and the creation of nu metal only spits right in the faces and heritage of all who make up true metal.
Last but not least it is STUPID to post about NU metal on a True Metal board!! \m/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:17 pm

How is nu-metal a rip-off of true metal when they're both worlds apart?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:23 pm

WynterNyght wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I agree 100% with Lurideath's statement. Nu Metal is nothing but a cheap rip off of true metal, and therefore should be destroyed. Metal has a proud rich heritage, and the creation of nu metal only spits right in the faces and heritage of all who make up true metal.
Last but not least it is STUPID to post about NU metal on a True Metal board!! m/
hogwash Razz

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 11:10 pm

I guess the only consensus I see here is that if it's good, then it's not Nu-Metal. The only band that I'm seeing consistently being callled Nu-metal and also getting respect is Disturbed; which makes me happy because Disturbed "Believe" is about the only Nu-metal disk I have; and I really like it too. I didn't mean to say that Only Living Witness is Nu-metal, it's not...I just personally see it as part of a historical thread that links bands like Helmet and Soundgarden to bands like Godsmack and Disturbed. But that's a subjective perception on my part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 12:34 am

Kid Rock is my dad....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 12:47 am

i hope you didn't inherit his (lack of) talent.

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:26 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
I guess the only consensus I see here is that if it's good, then it's not Nu-Metal.
I would have to disagree here. It would seem that most that have replied in this thread are fairly openminded and do like a good amount of nu-metal bands.
Back to top Go down
stars destroy
Metal novice
Metal novice
stars destroy

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 3:53 am

Soil, and that's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 9:53 am

Godsmack - I liked their 1st album, stuck with them for their 2nd, but have since given up on them.

I tried to get into Disturbed, and even saw them live which was pretty cool, but ultimately nothing stuck and I ended up selling their cd's on eBay.

At the risk of sounding like an old fart, I'll pass on nu-metal. I'll stick with the classics.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 10:37 am

Quote :
At the risk of sounding like an old fart, I'll pass on nu-metal. I'll stick with the classics.

I think that's the way many of us are here. We all seem to have a band or two we enjoy, but overall, the style doesn't seem to appeal to fans of heavy metal.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 3:05 pm

Nu-metal? What's a nu-metal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 6:42 pm

I just listen to what sounds good... I mean, seriously, you won't find me DEAD listening to the radio, but I enjoy some nu-metal and modern metal. You "oldschool or nothing" guys really crack me up.

And Eyesore, I think you just hate Avenged Sevenfold. lol! Just messin' with you man. Anyhow, it's hard to impress me when it comes to guitar playing, and I was impressed by Synyster's playing! But you do have a point... this band started out as metalcore, and then changed into this hard rock/modern metal sort of deal on City of Evil. But, they were never that mainstream. However, then again, I would never walk into Hot Topic. Laughing Has anyone mentioned Trivium yet? The Crusade was pretty sweet. However, I loathe their early material just as I loathe Avenged Sevenfold's earlier material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 6:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
OK, listen; Avenged Sevenfold are not nu-metal. Nor should they ever be taken seriously. They have changed on each album, changed to a style more accessible to the masses, dictated by the mainstream. And their solos are very textbook; much like they're just practice runs you'd find in a How To Solo book.

If they were dictated by the mainstream, they wouldn't be a hard music band in the first place. And, when's the last time you heard a City of Evil song on the radio? I'm not sure I've even heard Avenged Sevenfold on the radio. Also... if they aren't nu-metal, what are they? You say we shouldn't even take them seriously, but I don't know why you'd say that. Eh, nevermind that. Maybe their just not your cup of tea, but I am not a guitarist, so that last part is hard for me to judge. And if you are a guitarist, well... can you play Avenged Sevenfold's solos? I think their solos definetely lack creativity just from looking at the tabs; their are few pull-offs, few hammer-ons, they lack a sense of being dynamic. Hopefully he will get better with age. I mean, this guy is NOT even a class guitarist yet, far from it, but he could become one I think... just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 10:46 pm

I like System of a Down. I think they are pretty amazing, and are probably not un-metal, but in a category by themselves.

I also have grown to like POD.

Generally speaking, I dislike un-metal, but I haven't heard most of the bands mentioned.

It has little to do with metal, tho, and it sucks.

ack
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 5:38 am

buggie_strikes_back! wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

If they were dictated by the mainstream, they wouldn't be a hard music band in the first place.

NOT true. These bands are selling bundles, and to be honest, I think that is why most metal fans hate them. The same thing happens to most metal bands that start to get an appeal with a non-metal crowd. Look at Metallica, Nightwish and Sepultura. As sson as they started to make a name for themselves, outside of the realms of the leather-clad die-hards, people are screaming sell outs!

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:20 pm

I never gave nu-metal enough credit to actually have people arguing over what the exact style is defined by. To me it has always been just simple commercialized "heavy" "music" mixed with rap and served up for the masses, and then broadening into commercialized "heavy" "music" with less rap influence. Then along comes metalcore, another "heavy" "music" which tries to be metal, but isn't.

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 10:56 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

If they were dictated by the mainstream, they wouldn't be a hard music band in the first place.

NOT true. These bands are selling bundles, and to be honest, I think that is why most metal fans hate them. The same thing happens to most metal bands that start to get an appeal with a non-metal crowd. Look at Metallica, Nightwish and Sepultura. As sson as they started to make a name for themselves, outside of the realms of the leather-clad die-hards, people are screaming sell outs!

Hmm... just thinking about that I realize you are very right. I mean, as soon as Metallica got popular, people were immediatly slapping the label "sell out" on them. They never sold out, in my opinion. And you are right: these bands do sell a lot of albums, but whats wrong with being popular? I understand that metal is different and was never meant to be popular but just because it is doesn't make it bad.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:44 am

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Hmm... just thinking about that I realize you are very right. I mean, as soon as Metallica got popular, people were immediatly slapping the label "sell out" on them. They never sold out, in my opinion. And you are right: these bands do sell a lot of albums, but whats wrong with being popular? I understand that metal is different and was never meant to be popular but just because it is doesn't make it bad.

Exactly. Also look at the black metal scene. Now people are calling Dimmu Borgir sell out, and not real black metal, and for what? THEY SELL RECORDS!!! Some people are just so lame!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:53 am

I own one Disciple CD 'cuz I like the lyrics. That's it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 1:06 am

Eyesore wrote:

If they were dictated by the mainstream, they wouldn't be a hard music band in the first place. And, when's the last time you heard a City of Evil song on the radio? I'm not sure I've even heard Avenged Sevenfold on the radio. Also... if they aren't nu-metal, what are they? You say we shouldn't even take them seriously, but I don't know why you'd say that. Eh, nevermind that. Maybe their just not your cup of tea, but I am not a guitarist, so that last part is hard for me to judge. And if you are a guitarist, well... can you play Avenged Sevenfold's solos? I think their solos definetely lack creativity just from looking at the tabs; their are few pull-offs, few hammer-ons, they lack a sense of being dynamic. Hopefully he will get better with age. I mean, this guy is NOT even a class guitarist yet, far from it, but he could become one I think... just my opinion.

Avenged is a slight mix of modern metal, alternative and hard punk. Also Bat Country has been all over the radio waves since City Of Evil was released. It's mainly been on stations that play modern metal/nu-metal/alternative music.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 1:15 pm

As much as I hate to admit, I like Korn
Hurtlocker is pretty good
LowGear from DFW, Big Iron, also a local DFW band
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nude Metal bands you are into?   Nude Metal bands you are into? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nude Metal bands you are into?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next