Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ICED EARTH box set

Go down 
+11
Chairman_Smith
Wargod
exact33
nevermore
mc666
Smindas
kmorg
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

ICED EARTH box set - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Looks sweet, but I ain't layin out that kinda cash to hear ONE unreleased song ("Hellspawn")

Yea, same here. Looks pretty cool, but to me, it doesn't justify the purchase price.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Ugh, guys, I just 'acquired' the bonus track 'Hellspawn'. It's nothing special, it's literally the song 'Dark Saga' with a synth chord progression added in the chorus. Other than that, it's exactlythe same. Glad I didn't shell out money for that.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:21 pm

Just like to add I did splash out on this box set, being an Iced Earth nut (gutted no more Ripper).

The main reason I wanted this was for the bonus disc of Burnt Offerings remixed. Bit of a dissappointment as it doen't sound that different. On a brighter note the box set is very lavish and well presented but only really for die hard obsessive fans or those who don't already own the albums, if you do then not a lot new on offer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:37 pm

No other unreleased tracks worth mentioning?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 pm

I believe there are one or two "new" live cuts, but honestly, I'm not that fussed about those. The other bonuses are just The Melancholy EP. I have to say though, the presentation of the box is a surprisingly strong allure to buying the set, as much of a waste it'd be. What's curious though is all the CDs in the box set have been released as seperate CDs (ie as a CD on their own, without the box set), sort of like with Dark Genesis.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
No other unreleased tracks worth mentioning?

Not really, like the previous post said some live stuff, nothing really the Iced Earth fan wouldn't already own. It is a really cool box set set though, all the cd's are vinyl replicas. Damn century media and their pretty packaging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH box set   ICED EARTH box set - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICED EARTH box set
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2