Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frank Zappa

Go down 
+16
manny
Damien Solta
Stender
Tall Tyrion
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
Wargod
spiritoradio
Thrasher73
DeathCult
EvyMetal
rattpoison
White_Mage
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
XYZ
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Frank Zappa - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:03 am

I'm awestruck, that's quite a set. I would really like to know what each one of those pedals does. I love how he's got one floor tom too.
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:16 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I like Franks Enemy

Me too, but they don't like Zappa? just kidding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:24 pm

Frank Zappa owned !! Some of the very best progressive and comical music ever !!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Frank Zappa brillant musician, wicked sense of humor, and excellent guitartist, his instrumental album " Shut Up and Play yer Guitar" feature some of the most wicked music ever commited on magnetic tape, and who's lyrical social satire knew of no scared cows, who did not suffer fools gladly no matter which side of the political fence you sat on.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:40 pm

zappa's the man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:26 pm

Has anyone heard or seen the Zappa Plays Zappa project that Dweezil started a few years ago? They released dvds and cds this past year and they are awesome. They feature Dweezil and a fantastic backing band joined on stage by special guests like Terry Boizio and Steve Vai(who used to play with Zappa when he was in his early 20s). If you like Zappa than I definitely suggest watching and hearing these.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:29 pm

Zappa plays Zappa is brillant, saw clips on You Tube, didn't know Dweezil had it in him.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:38 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Has anyone heard or seen the Zappa Plays Zappa project that Dweezil started a few years ago? They released dvds and cds this past year and they are awesome. They feature Dweezil and a fantastic backing band joined on stage by special guests like Terry Boizio and Steve Vai(who used to play with Zappa when he was in his early 20s). If you like Zappa than I definitely suggest watching and hearing these.

I saw the tour when they came through my town last year. At the time, I was only vaugley familiar with Zappa's work, but my brother-in-law convinced me to go with him. It was an awesome show, awesome experience and made me a Zappa (Dweezil & Frank) fan. Bozzio and Vai both made appearances.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Here I am at a famous school, I'm dressing sharp, I'm acting cool. I got a cheerleader here wants to help with my paper, let her do all the work and maybe later I'll...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:08 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Here I am at a famous school, I'm dressing sharp, I'm acting cool. I got a cheerleader here wants to help with my paper, let her do all the work and maybe later I'll...

Bobby Brown!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:33 am

Yes. I have everything he has ever released, on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I saw the tour when they came through my town last year. At the time, I was only vaugley familiar with Zappa's work, but my brother-in-law convinced me to go with him. It was an awesome show, awesome experience and made me a Zappa (Dweezil & Frank) fan. Bozzio and Vai both made appearances.

That's awesome. I would have loved to see that show. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 pm

I listen to him.I like Apostrophe,Joe's Garage,Hot Rats,Chunga's Revenge, Waka/Jawaka, etc. I could never get into Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar, it just sucks I payed like 40 buck for it remastered,but it's part of the collection.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Guest wrote:
Yes. I have everything he has ever released, on vinyl.

Wow, I would say that's awesome, but you went insane and left.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:12 pm

http://www.factmag.com/2012/06/12/frank-zappas-back-catalogue-to-get-the-full-reissue-treatment/

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:29 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
http://www.factmag.com/2012/06/12/frank-zappas-back-catalogue-to-get-the-full-reissue-treatment/

For some reason I'm just now seeing this; but this is awesome news as I'm just getting into his stuff. I've downloaded Hot Rats and Apostrophe (') to test the waters and enjoyed them. I'll definitely have to get these eventually...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank Zappa   Frank Zappa - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank Zappa
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: