Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Frank Frazetta

Go down 
+5
manny
Addy
Fat Freddy
Zdan
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Fantasy artist supreme Frank Frazetta passed away today.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/10/frank-frazetta-fantasy-illustrator-dies-at-82/

He's done so much great stuff ... books, albums, movies. What a talent.

RIP Frank Frazetta FrazettaDeathDealer

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Loved the Molly Hatchet covers he painted. In general a great talent - only ones remotely comparable would be Boris Vallejo, Larry Elmore or Michael Whelan.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Yeah that does suck I was not much of a fan but a close friend of mine is I havent the heart to tell him since he learned today his uncle passed away
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Great artists.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39552

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:38 am

The man was incredible. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:47 am

Great artist whose work will live on forever. RIP.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12611

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Used to have one of those huge coffee table books of his work, traded it for a headlight assembly for a 66' FLH.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:48 am

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:34 am

James B. wrote:
Used to have one of those huge coffee table books of his work, traded it for a headlight assembly for a 66' FLH.

I think I know that book. Our art school library had that one (or something similiar). I ripped off some of his style in my own paintings & drawings. Not nearly as well of course. RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_lol

RIP Frank Frazetta Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Frank Frazetta   RIP Frank Frazetta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Frank Frazetta
Page 1 of 1