Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rap Music *yo*

Go down 
+17
Wargod
jstate
MetalRob331
Tall Tyrion
White_Mage
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Hamer12
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
TheGooch
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
XYZ
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 11:45 pm

Anyone own Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:06 am

Eyesore wrote:
Tech N9ne is on a bunch of other bands' CDs and he's got that "metal" rap voice, like DMX. I've always wondered what his albums would sound like, but haven't bought anything.

If anything, he seems like a cool guy. He comes off like an artist rather than some neighorhood thug who can rhyme. You know. He works with all kinds of different artists and styles. He even recorded stuff with a guy I know named McNastee. It may be hard for some metal fans to grasp, but I think it's more about the art than the money and "bling" for this dude.

His stuff is worth checking out Eyesore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 3:38 pm

JOHN YO! Check it bra, you can post here all you want homie!! I'm down wit it?!!
*does robot, centipede*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:04 pm

T-Roy wrote:
JOHN YO! Check it bra, you can post here all you want homie!! I'm down wit it?!!
*does robot, centipede*
You're clearly white.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:05 pm

lol! Dude, I've got skillzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ!!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:32 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Anyone own Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP?

I use to.

Eminem for the most part has some pretty personal lyrics, so even tho he gets alot of hate, I actually really respect him.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And for you boxing fans, did you know Max Kellerman used to rap?

Watch the video from 1:17-1:20. A friend of mine who sat across from me at work looked almost exactly like that.

Last edited by Required Fields on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:01 am

Yoyoyoyo! I'm in da house! What'da fuck's'hap'ning...

Sorry...That's not my thing...
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Run-D.M.C. and Public Enemy are the only ones I got into (mainly because of Walk This Way and Bring the Noise). Pretty much any other rap sucks.
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
*does robot, centipede*
You're clearly white.
What, ya think?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:20 am

I find I have more of a dislike for the lyrics in most rap than the music (if you want to call it that). Also the style of dress (gold teeth look disgusting and I always want to yell at them to pull up their pants) and terminology (Bling! Bling! is a term that makes me cringe) leaves much to be desired.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:54 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I find I have more of a dislike for the lyrics in most rap than the music (if you want to call it that). Also the style of dress (gold teeth look disgusting and I always want to yell at them to pull up their pants) and terminology (Bling! Bling! is a term that makes me cringe) leaves much to be desired.

Yeah i hate that aspect of it, but that's really the more commercial/sell out side of hip hop/rap.

As with all music genres the more commercial ones are the one's with less musical integrity. Just look at what's toping the rock charts to prove my point. Their dumbed down for the masses.

But the more grass roots/underground one's are the one's that have something to say and don't glorify that tattooed millionaire lifestyle. Keeping it real to use a terminology.

I'm not really a fan of the music but really respect the older artists that had something to say like Public Enemy, NWA and back further to the roots of it like Furious Five, Afrika Bambaataa etc. Public Enemy in particular had some great stuff to say, i think they were once dubbed the 'Black' CNN by media because of this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:06 am

DallasBlack wrote:
So why don't you tell at them? You've got swords and sh*t. lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:16 am

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Yeah, but most of them have guns. Bullets can hit from a distance but a sword has to be up close. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:12 pm

rattpoison wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Yeah i hate that aspect of it, but that's really the more commercial/sell out side of hip hop/rap.
I take it there's not many black folk out your way, huh? Hip hop has always reflected the black community. If gold teeth are the new thing in the hood, rap music will reflect that. I don't think it has anything to do with the mainstream or selling out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:13 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Yeah, but most of them have guns. Bullets can hit from a distance but a sword has to be up close. Very Happy
Pffft! Real ninjas can block bullets with steel!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I take it there's not many black folk out your way, huh? Hip hop has always reflected the black community. If gold teeth are the new thing in the hood, rap music will reflect that. I don't think it has anything to do with the mainstream or selling out.

You took it the wrong way, i talked about Dallas's criticism of the lyrics. As in most mainstream rappers have nothing legitimate to say which totally belies what rap/hip hop should be about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:43 am

I like rap from the 80s and early 90s, but today it just SUCKS so much
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:35 am

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

You took it the wrong way, i talked about Dallas's criticism of the lyrics. As in most mainstream rappers have nothing legitimate to say which totally belies what rap/hip hop should be about.

You misread me. I don't mean that rappers have nothing to say. I just don't like glorification of gang violence, promiscuity, and drug use. Same problem I have with other forms of music, it just seems that rap contains more than it's fair share of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:23 pm

The only cool thing about rap fashion are those 59 fifty new era hats. I recently bought one and it a treble clef on it. It's pretty sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rap Music *yo*
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4