Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rap Music *yo*

Go down 
+17
Wargod
jstate
MetalRob331
Tall Tyrion
White_Mage
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Hamer12
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
TheGooch
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
XYZ
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:22 am

Famous Last Words: Who likes rap music here? Favorites?

I like a couple artists. I cannot stop listening to Lady Sovereign. That girl has an awesome flow. I'm a little in love with her.

Public Enemy is also a favorite. Eric B and Rakim, Run DMC, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. I think that's all I like.

C'mon, you know you like something. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:36 am

I like some of the old school stuff.N.W.A,Eazy-E,Run DMC,and Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle is a classic.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:45 am

I don't own any rap CDs but I can still bust some funky fresh moves to some ol'school Public Enemy if I hear it. Bring Tha Noise, yo!

And when I was in high school, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince was always good for a laugh. Funny how things turned out for Will Smith huh? If you told me back then "20 years from now he's gonna be the biggest movie star on the planet" I would've told you "get the hell outta here!"

Funny, awhile back my neighbor's kid was working on his car in the driveway and blasting "50 Cent" at ridiculous volume (I could tell it was 50 Cent because he name-dropped himself in practically every sentence). I was working in my yard so I was listening and thinking to myself "This guy's got no flow, Chuck D woulda BURIED this fool back in the day."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:51 am

Not to turn this into a flame thread, but 50 Cent just mumbles into a mic and is paid ridiculous amounts of money for it. He sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth when he raps.

If you have to tell everyone how much money you have and how tough you are, that raises a red flag with me.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:52 am

LL
Vanilla Ice
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:54 am

T-Roy wrote:

Vanilla Ice

Have you ever seen his movie debut, the cinematic masterpiece "Cool As Ice?"

Greatest bad movie ever. "Yo, drop dat zero and git wit'da hero, girl."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:57 am

I'm not that big of a fan. It doesn't seem that rap artists hang around for awhile. They have a few hits, and then they fade away. It seems that the only rappers that stay popular is because of events that happen in the personal lifes.
Back to top Go down

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

You will watch anything won't you? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:59 am

I hate to sound bold, but I despise rap - Be it Old School or modern. I cannot stand it. I will admit, the oldest stuff is easier to survive in than the modern stuff, which is just complete regurgitation.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:01 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

You will watch anything won't you? Shocked

"KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park," "Howard The Duck" and "Cool As Ice" are the films against which all "bad" movies are measured. You can't truly call yourself a "bad movie" aficionado until you've completed that tri-fecta.

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Vanilla Ice

Negative, sounds fly tho boi!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:11 am

Too Short is good too.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:11 am

As well as old Ice Tea melts.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:12 am

spectrefate wrote:
Not to turn this into a flame thread, but 50 Cent just mumbles into a mic and is paid ridiculous amounts of money for it. He sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth when he raps.

If you have to tell everyone how much money you have and how tough you are, that raises a red flag with me.

Don't forget that he tells everybody he's been shot eight times now. His old street name used to be Two Bucks Fifty, but now he's so damaged that he's been de-valued to 50 Cent.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:17 am

I use to like some of it in the 80's. Can't stand most of the stuff I hear now. Ever since it became "gangsta" I lost interest. I use to really like Mantronix, S.F.C., Public Enemy, Eric B & Rakim, Run DMC, Boogie Down Productions, Tone Loc, Ice T, Michael Peace, Dynamic Twins...

There's one other I remember liking a lot, but cannot remember the name. I remember the front cover was sort of yellow and had those 60's looking flowers. The lyrics were somewhat humorous. Hmmm....it's probably come to me later.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:18 am

Just remembered...DE LA SOUL - 3 Feet High and Rising.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:18 am

old school rap is quite good stuff got the new stuff is gash

i like mc hammer and run dmc the best
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Rap Music *yo* Empty

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Don't forget that he tells everybody he's been shot eight times now. His old street name used to be Two Bucks Fifty, but now he's so damaged that he's been de-valued to 50 Cent.

Curtis Jackson (50 cent) is a worthless, shame to society. All these teenagers jump on the hype and go, "Ohhh, 50 cent is so GANGSTER! Dude, he has been shot NINE TIMES!" ...I cannot help but go, "...well...obviously, not a very good one!".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rap Music *yo* Empty

T-Roy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Vanilla Ice

Negative, sounds fly tho boi!

If you ever see the movie, make sure you wear sunglasses while viewing, otherwise the Day-Glo fashions that Ice rocks throughout will blind you for sure.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:19 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Curtis Jackson (50 cent) is a worthless, shame to society. All these teenagers jump on the hype and go, "Ohhh, 50 cent is so GANGSTER! Dude, he has been shot NINE TIMES!" ...I cannot help but go, "...well...obviously, not a very good one!".

He's up to nine times now? Well, then in that case I guess his next record will be under the name "25 Cent"

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:19 am

FRIENDS.......how many of us have them.....FRIENDS....the onese you can depend on!!!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:20 am

THE FREAKS COME OUT AT NIGHT......THE FREAKS COME OUT AT NIGHT....HUT ONE, HUT TWO, HUT HUT HUT HUT!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

He's up to nine times now? Well, then in that case I guess his next record will be under the name "25 Cent"

He ain't worth much more, either.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:24 am

i would not pay a quarter for him
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:49 am

TheGooch wrote:
i would not pay a quarter for him

...25 cents IS a quarter... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rap Music *yo* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rap Music *yo*
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next