Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music From The Elder

Go down 
+23
exact33
MetalGuy71
Psychotron
stpatrik
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
DallasBlack
chewie
JBall_Z
mlotek
James B.
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
DeathCult
thejokeriv
TrogDawn
Metal Misfit
journeyman
spiritoradio
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
777Stryken777
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

Music From The Elder Empty
PostSubject: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Ok, for those of you who DO like The Elder (including me), are you into the whole album, or more just the rock songs (I, Escape From The Island, Dark Light, etc).

I personally love the whole album, and rarely listen to just the heavier songs...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:56 pm

I like the album as a whole. But if I listen to it, it's mainly to hear The Oath, which is my favorite KISS song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:57 pm

I dig the whole album and listen to it all the way thru quite frequently, my favorite track is "Dark Light"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:58 pm

i saw it for sale the other day on the net and was quite surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:56 pm

When you listen to the Elder you must listen to the whole album. Yeah I prefer the rock songs but the rest is really great too.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:32 pm

I like the whole album, but I have the original cd copy so the songs are not in conceptual order, so listening is a bit weird. I put them in order on my Mp3 player so it makes more sense. Great album!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 10:10 pm

I like The Elder. When I listen to it, it's the whole cd. Dark Light is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:33 pm

I like the whole album, it really does play better when you listen to it all, but I do have some personal faves: Just A Boy, Only You, The Oath, Mr. Blackwell, Escape from the Island, and I.

'I' is one of my favorite KISS songs. It's almost kinda sock-hop-like in sound.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 4:27 pm

I love this AWESOME album and it's one of the best KISS ever did, IMO. If they had experimented a bit more with this progressive, conceptual approach, I think they could have made better albums during the 80's than they did (Creatures of the Night and Lick it Up being the exceptions). 🤘

But alas, there was just not enough money in or sales of it for Mr. $immon$, I'm afraid. Sad

Music From The Elder 3078
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 5:25 pm

Great album - it's one I prefer to listen to all the way through.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 6:05 pm

Good album. The Frehley penned songs are my favorite, but I like it on the whole. \

Last edited by DeathCult on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 6:19 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
I love this AWESOME album and it's one of the best KISS ever did, IMO. If they had experimented a bit more with this progressive, conceptual approach, I think they could have made better albums during the 80's than they did (Creatures of the Night and Lick it Up being the exceptions). 🤘

But alas, there was just not enough money in or sales of it for Mr. $immon$, I'm afraid. Sad

Music From The Elder 3078

They should have wait before putting this one in stores. They could have done really better. It ain't easy to do a great progressif album when you,re name is KISS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 6:45 pm

never got to into kiss. like a song here or there, but that is about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:00 pm

I want their 'Alive" album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 1:29 pm

777Stryken777 wrote:
Ok, for those of you who DO like The Elder
(including me), are you into the whole album, or more just the rock
songs (I, Escape From The Island, Dark Light, etc).

I personally love the whole album, and rarely listen to just the heavier songs...

Love the Elder. Looking for a copy on vinyl. It is one of the few I am missing.

My favorites would probably be the same as yours, I, Escape From The Island, Dark Light.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:33 pm

I have it on vinyl Ult. Sned me a PM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:07 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Yes, you do. Music From The Elder 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:16 am

defender_of_the_faith wrote:

Buy Alive! 1975-2000 you have the 3 alive plus another one from the millenium concert.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:30 am

I have two vinyl copies of ALIVE. One is the original U.S. pressing on the blue Neil Bogart label with the added booklet. The other is a Canadian pressing with the tan Casablanca label.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:51 am

This is probably my favorite review of all time by some guy on Amazon. The review is directed towards the album "Unmasked", but he has what I feel are some funny comments about "The Elder" album. Whether you agree or disagree I find his comments to be hilarious:

"They might as well just have took a dump in the record jacket and sealed it up for shipping. The stench of musical poo poo was evedent from the cover art, Kiss' attempt at humor. As the last frame of the cover comic confessed...(on this LP) They Stink! Why, oh, why is this album still in print? Have they no mercy? And why, oh. why, after so many years of being a rising force in the world of rock and roll would KISS allow this embarrassment of an LP to hit the market? It sucks, it blows, it stinks, it reeks, it deserves to be hidden away where no one can ever hear it again. Compared to UNMASKED, The ELDER sounds like Led Zeppelin II. And ALL KISS fans know how horrible the ELDER was. UNMASKED should surely go down in history as the ISHTAR of record albums".

This was the same guy's review of "The Elder". What can I say, I think he has a way with words....

"Kiss' attempt at a concept album backfired like an old DeSoto. It was the worst thing they could have come up with at a time when their fans had just been gagged to death with the garbage they had previously released called "Unmasked". From this point on it is hard to tell what Kiss was thinking. I know that if they had REALLY been thinking, Neither UNMASKED or THE ELDER would ever have been released at all. I will say one thing, it is surprising that they survived these two recordings. They were like a gun shot to the gut then a bullet in the head. Some folks may like this record, but then again, some folks like pain too. If you like pain, then buy this album and Unmasked too. It's about as painful as you can get without being locked in a Viet Cong prison camp with a swarm of rabid water rats".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:09 am

This guy sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:50 pm

I listen to the whole album. I actually haven't listened to it in a while. I'll have to give it a spin soon.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:26 pm

It's certainly no Destroyer or Rock and Roll Over, but I really do like it. "World w/out Heroes" is probably my favorite track; followed by "Dark Light" and the "Odyssey". Peace.

I listened to Unmasked today and it's bad, but it's not "that" bad. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:32 pm

"They might as well just have took a dump in the
record jacket and sealed it up for shipping. The stench of musical poo
poo was evedent from the cover art, Kiss' attempt at humor. As the last
frame of the cover comic confessed...(on this LP) They Stink! Why, oh,
why is this album still in print? Have they no mercy? And why, oh. why,
after so many years of being a rising force in the world of rock and
roll would KISS allow this embarrassment of an LP to hit the market? It
sucks, it blows, it stinks, it reeks, it deserves to be hidden away
where no one can ever hear it again. Compared to UNMASKED, The ELDER
sounds like Led Zeppelin II. And ALL KISS fans know how horrible the
ELDER was. UNMASKED should surely go down in history as the ISHTAR of
record albums".

Maybe "Shandi" turned him down for a date? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:45 pm

the sentinel wrote:
"They might as well just have took a dump in the
record jacket and sealed it up for shipping. The stench of musical poo
poo was evedent from the cover art, Kiss' attempt at humor. As the last
frame of the cover comic confessed...(on this LP) They Stink! Why, oh,
why is this album still in print? Have they no mercy? And why, oh. why,
after so many years of being a rising force in the world of rock and
roll would KISS allow this embarrassment of an LP to hit the market? It
sucks, it blows, it stinks, it reeks, it deserves to be hidden away
where no one can ever hear it again. Compared to UNMASKED, The ELDER
sounds like Led Zeppelin II. And ALL KISS fans know how horrible the
ELDER was. UNMASKED should surely go down in history as the ISHTAR of
record albums".

Maybe "Shandi" turned him down for a date? Very Happy

Maybe....I will say this, anytime I need a good laugh regarding an album review, I go back and read this one. I can't say that I don't agree with the guy either, which helps. He must not be Australian, because from what I understand, they love the song Shandi "Down Under", and the album, I think did well there???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music From The Elder   Music From The Elder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music From The Elder
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next