Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Music

Go down 
+3
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
rattpoison
7 posters
AuthorMessage

The Music Empty
PostSubject: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:37 pm

This might be pushing it here. While I was stationed over in England, I used to watch the Kerrang! channel. If anyone knows the magazine, you know they follow trends. So they could be playing a bunch of metal bands at one point, then six months later it's all pop punk. But even through bad times they still played a nice mix.

There were a few bands that I saw on that channel that caught me off guard. The Music was one of those bands. One day the video for "The People" came on. I almost immediately changed the channel, but for some reason I didn't. When that song kicked I just couldn't help but love it. It's like this weird mix of disco, alt-rock and Jane's Addiction (a band that I actually dislike), but it works.

Anyway, I know the description may put people off, but give these guys a chance. I think they're doing something pretty original (though I likely wouldn't really know). Either way, they're now one of my favorite bands. Excellent stuff.

The People

Take The Long Road And Walk It

Welcome To The North

Freedom Fighters

🤘

Last edited by Eyesore on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm familiar with them, the song the People was one of those songs years ago that i just had to hear like all the time. Even listened to radio just to hear it. Their reasonably popular down here.

Another good song is 'Breakin' off their newer album.

But having said that i don't have anything by them, and never was interested. But having heard those songs my interest has been pricked. Unique but familiar, hard to categorize which is cool.
Back to top Go down

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:22 am

They actually sparked some interest over here in the states and did a small tour, or at least opened for a bigger band. I heard one of their tunes on the radio once and almost shat myself. Haha. Coming from the UK, I never expected to hear them here. Good to see people over there dig them. They're definitely a fairly unique band. I've got nearly everything they've put out so far, expect one or two singles from Welcome to the North. All are worth it. Their singles and EPs have some really cool exclusive tracks.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:33 am

I have one of their cd's. I listen to it from time to time. Nothing spectacular.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:16 am

wow, that's actually pretty cool! - I expected to hate it...wow, it actually sounds like it came straight out of 1985!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 2:55 am

That's it. I've got Welcome To The North.
Back to top Go down

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:25 am

Welcome To The North has less rockin' songs on it. Not a bad thing, but if you're looking for that groovy disco style, that album has less of it.
Back to top Go down

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 7:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
if you're looking for that groovy disco style

People actually seek this out???
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:28 am

I checked out a couple of the posted videos. Not really my thing, but not absolutely terrible either. I've become more tolerant of some styles over they past few months thanks to my teenagers. Whereas I use to hate when my son would play bands like The Killers and Dashboard Confessional, after his hip-hop phase, I am glad he's back to listening to those bands again now. This band sounds like something he might like.

ult

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 3:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
Welcome To The North has less rockin' songs on it. Not a bad thing, but if you're looking for that groovy disco style, that album has less of it.

Would you recommend their first cd?
Back to top Go down

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 12:09 pm

Yeah. Of course. Should be easy to find really cheap. I know SwapaCD has it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 7:36 pm

I saw them on one of the U.S. late night talk shows, and was impressed enough to buy "Welcome to the North". It's a nice change of pace.
I saw Finger Eleven do a pretty cool song on Leno or Letterman last week too. Might pick that up if I see it in a rack at Wal-mart.
Back to top Go down

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:39 am

The Music put out a new album. I didn't even know until yesterday. I wish there was a Blabbermout equivalent for the non-rock/metal stuff. Anyway, the new album is called Strength In Numbers, and it's fantastic. I listened to it a bunch today at work. It's a bit more electronic than the previous albums, but it's also a bit more rockin' than Welcome to the North. I really like these guys. There's something unique about them; but beyond that, they just write some great tunes.

Again, definitely not going to appeal to all of you, but give them a shot with an open mind. You might dig it. I suggest first checking out the videos I posted months ago. Or check out these new tunes:

Strength In Numbers

The Left Side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doxRnv_6Ips

🤘

Last edited by Eyesore on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:20 am

That's pretty damn catchy! I might have to check these guys out.
Back to top Go down

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:59 am

detuned wrote:
That's pretty damn catchy! I might have to check these guys out.
They have a lot of really cool mellow tunes, too. Just a great band. I still remember the day "The People" came on TV over in England. I had the remote in my hand, aimed at the TV, but I just couldn't change the channel. I don't know why. I mean, it's arguable that this is dance music! Sure, it's got a rock foundation, but this crap is seriously danceable. Haha.

Anyswayze. I fixed the link for the second video in the first post, and the "Strength in Numbers" link.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:06 am

I have Welcome To The North and I agree, I hear a lot of Jane's Addiction in their sound. Lots of tribal rhythms too.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:00 am

I have read them about them in Classic Rock Music, but never heard their music. It was really cool and I will have to check them out, thanks for posting their tunes Eyesore.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Huh. I bought Welcome To The North a couple of years ago, listened to it, and put it away for some reason with a meh. I listened to it yesterday again and I love it! It was more rocking than I remembered, so I'm interested in finding any heavier stuff by them if there are any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 pm

Did they release anything after Welcome To The North?

I really love the tribal rhythms on that thing.

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:08 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Huh. I bought Welcome To The North a couple of years ago, listened to it, and put it away for some reason with a meh. I listened to it yesterday again and I love it! It was more rocking than I remembered, so I'm interested in finding any heavier stuff by them if there are any recommendations?
They only have three full-lengths. The debut is probably the heaviest, relatively speaking. It's more rocking, for sure. The latest is a bit more experimental, but outstanding, in my opinion. Then they have a bunch of singles and EPs with some great non-LP tracks. Those are harder to come by, so I could upload them if you're interested.
Back to top Go down

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Did they release anything after Welcome To The North?

I really love the tribal rhythms on that thing.
Yeah, they just released a new albums last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omFWGBfVRo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doxRnv_6Ips
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music   The Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Music
Page 1 of 1