Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rap Music *yo*

Go down 
+17
Wargod
jstate
MetalRob331
Tall Tyrion
White_Mage
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Hamer12
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
TheGooch
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
XYZ
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Why no more rap? It's cooler to keep it real. I couldn't imagine listening to all metal, all the time. As much as I love it, I need to mix it up quite often else I get bored. Too many bands lack a true identity. That's not to say these bands aren't good, but very few bands really have their own sound. I would hate to have to listen to thrash 24/7. It would all bleed together. For my ears, keeping it diverse makes everything sound fresh and original, even if it isn't. I may go one a power metal kick for a few days, then switch to some extremely different styles like chicks with pianos or jam bands like John Butler Trio for a few days. I gotta spice it up a bit.

And for the purposes of this thread, I'd like to point out that Snoop's Doggystyle and Dre's The Chronic are both classics! I love those two. What came after, however, is all different degrees of meh to sick .

Okay, what I meant to say was that I stopped following rap music. I still pop in one of my rap mix tapes time and again. Good times...

"Got mah mind on mah money and mah money on mah mind"

Snoop Dogg, "Gin and Juice"
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:44 am

When it is funny or clever, I guess I would not turn my nose up, but I've never even come close to buying any rap. Not interesting to me.

The one song I remember from when MTV played videos that I actually did like was called "Cantaloop". No clue who it was, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:05 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
The one song I remember from when MTV played videos that I actually did like was called "Cantaloop". No clue who it was, though.
I hate that song!

It was a playlist tape one month when I worked at Strawberries. We had to play that tape every minute the store was open. The songs on those tapes sometimes became so annoying. Some turned me onto great music and never got old, like when there were two songs from Dead Can Dance's Toward The Within on the tape one month; I loved those two tracks, and now I'm a huge DCD fan. But some song, like this stupid biddy-biddy-bop song killed me. Haha. And now I have it playing and it's going to be in my head! Damn you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:07 am

Check this song out:

I saw this video on TV at a hotel when I was in Germany back in the day. I love this song! No idea what they're saying, but this song is great!

If anyone has any of their albums, I'd be interested.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 am

Cypress Hill or House of Pain are my favs.. I like a few songs here and there but nothing really new. What do u think of this song?

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:21 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Cypress Hill or House of Pain are my favs.. I like a few songs here and there but nothing really new. What do u think of this song?

Awesome man. The only problem I have with it is the cussing but I don't have as much problem listening to foul language as I do with using it (I need to start watching my language more often, I'v fallen behind on cleaning it up).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:43 am

Psssstttt... Hey Eyesore:

"Funky, funky"

lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:06 pm

I've heard a lot of shitty rap songs, but the one that sticks out in my memory the most is Rico Suave
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:08 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I've heard a lot of shitty rap songs....
is there another kind?! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:08 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Awesome man. The only problem I have with it is the cussing but I don't have as much problem listening to foul language as I do with using it (I need to start watching my language more often, I'v fallen behind on cleaning it up).
Did you like to that German rap group? They could be cussing and you wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Did you like to that German rap group? They could be cussing and you wouldn't know.

Hey, there is a novel idea. I would listen to a real good satanic, foul languaged, overly sexual music if it was not in English (perhaps that is why I can still like Rammestien even though I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what they're saying). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:39 pm

I nominate "Crank That Solja Boy" as the worst rap song ever if not the worst song ever
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:11 pm

I discovered rap at almost the same time as metal thanks to a K-Tel break-dance record. From 87-90 my love of rap may have come pretty close to my love of metal. I actually had two seperate crews of music friends for each. But after it got away from the DJ/MC model I had almost no interest any longer. Rhyme and flow seemingly became things of the past.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Only liked Blondie, and 1 Beastie Boys song other than that won't listen to any!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:49 pm

White_Mage wrote:
I nominate "Crank That Solja Boy" as the worst rap song ever if not the worst song ever

I have only heard one song by Soulja Boy, and it is one of the worst songs ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:56 pm

Required Fields wrote:
White_Mage wrote:

I have only heard one song by Soulja Boy, and it is one of the worst songs ever.

Everybody at school, except my metalhead friends, love that song.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:02 pm

How unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:12 pm

Required Fields wrote:
How unfortunate.

Don't get me started...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:58 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I would listen to a real good satanic, foul languaged, overly sexual music if it was not in English (perhaps that is why I can still like Rammestien even though I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what they're saying). Very Happy

Trust me, you don't. sick
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:35 am

White_Mage wrote:

I agree. That song is played at almost any school related event or sung by any 'gangster' at my school. Although I must say, the Travis Barker remix isn't all that bad... in the beginning. Take a look:

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:36 am

angry
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:20 am

IMO the best rapper out there. Im not a fan of his but this song rox. I gave him the best rapper title based on how well and fast he puts his words together.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:04 pm

Tech N9ne is on a bunch of other bands' CDs and he's got that "metal" rap voice, like DMX. I've always wondered what his albums would sound like, but haven't bought anything.

If anything, he seems like a cool guy. He comes off like an artist rather than some neighorhood thug who can rhyme. You know. He works with all kinds of different artists and styles. He even recorded stuff with a guy I know named McNastee. It may be hard for some metal fans to grasp, but I think it's more about the art than the money and "bling" for this dude.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:29 am

Best rap song ever right here. Thread over!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Take that back, I was digging through the pile I have a Christian album by a group called Transformation Crusade, Uplifting lyrics & some really thick Bass, not too bad, I havent heard it in probably 10 years & gave it a spin today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rap Music *yo*   Rap Music *yo* - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rap Music *yo*
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next