Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comp Pairings Round 2

Go down 
+10
scottmitchell74
sovdat
Wargod
ultmetal
Invader
Shiney
kmorg
bgast1
SideShowDisaSter
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

Comp Pairings Round 2 Empty
PostSubject: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:46 pm

Alright folks, it is time for round 2! Throw your names in the hat and then we'll mix and match.

Here are the matches from last time, just for reference, so we can get all new pairings:
bgast7851 - Saxon1500
kmorg - bonegrinder79
shineynobuttons - Ultmetal
Locky - Sideshow DisAster
sovdat - Saxon1500

Remember, use this thread to post the track listings of the comp you get, and what you think of it!

HERE THEY ARE PARTY PEOPLE! These are the new pairings. Message your partner and swap your info. And awaaaaaaaayyyyyy we go!

Locky - Wargod48
kmorg - Invander
Saxon1500 - Shiney
scottmitchell - Forever A Heath Bar
SideShowDisaSter - sovdat
ultmetal - KissinMaiden

Last edited by on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:49 pm

Put me down please
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 6:02 pm

I'm not set up to do a comp at this time. My computer crashed a while back and I lost all of my tunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Uncle Sax is in!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 9:11 am

I'm in, but I need a new "partner" Sad

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 am

I'm in...I only recently got my comp to Ultmetal...as my burner went poopy.

But tis cool now so I am on board...
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 10:59 am

I'm in. If I get my burner working.

Edit: Now it's working.

Last edited by on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 8:17 am

I'm in.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 9:21 pm

What's this about? Tell me tell me!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 10:33 pm

Sideshow puts our names in a hat, pairs us up, and we send each other a
comp of our fav music. Sovy and Bgast totally turned me on to
some great stuff last time around (a few months ago). You, of all
peeps, should jump in this, WG48, as you are the king of turning us on
to new stuff!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 8:54 am

I'll leave it open for another week, then I'll make the pairings.

Encourage others to jump in! I see we have several somewhat newer posters coming on regularly. Let's open their eyes to the possibilities!Shocked
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 7:06 pm

Ok add me then!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 5:45 pm

Would someone mind breaking down the rules? I missed the first one. What is it, just songs you are into, burn em on a cd, and send it to your pairing? Is it just metal?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 6:11 pm

That's pretty much it....favore songs, slap 'em on a disc then send them to whomever you are paired with. I don't think it must be all metal....Just a smattering of whatever you dig.

The whole idea is for you to turn each other onto stuff we may not otherwise check out.

I made a comp for SAXON a hile back that ran the gamut, stylistically.
And ULTMETAL got 2 cds worth of metal from me not long ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 8:17 pm

ok, sure I'm game. sounds like fun to me
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm

Wish I could this but I don't have a burner Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 8:26 am

007 wrote:
Wish I could this but I don't have a burner Sad

PM me your details and what styles you like and I'll do you up a couple of disc for you to have fun with if you like, I'm pretty sure somewhere within my collection I'll find something you'll enjoy.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 6:57 pm

Count me in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 7:18 pm

I am already making up my cd.

Should stuff that is Satanic be excluded? How about Vulgar? Would that kind of stuff bother anyone? It seems like mostly what I am into at the moment. lol!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 7:28 pm

I think most of us are mature enough to handle it...

The idea is to send others a "musical reflection" of you sort of....

think some of the stuff I sent Ult had swearing in it and he has not sent me a shoebox full of dogpoop yet for it...

yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 7:30 pm

ok, thats cool. There is so much I am into right now, I am sure I could leave most of the real Satanic stuff. It would be hard to turn most of the users here onto NEW stuff, but I have some good suprises up me sleeve
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 4:07 am

Btw Saxon, I almost forgot what I sent to you, but how did you like Bombarder? Smile)

"Ja nje verujem u boga,
ja nje verujem u satana
moj zivot je buka i brzina....
SPEED METAL MANIAC!!"

haha Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 8:50 pm

Sorry I never posted a review Sov-y. I kinda suck at
reviews. But I will say that most of that stuff TOOK MY HEAD
OFF! There was one tune that had really bad production (can't
remember off the top of my head) that would have CRUSHED had it sounded
better. I think it was a demo.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: I'm in!   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 2:04 pm

Sounds like fun! My only worry is that most of you guys have collections that literally dwarf mine and likely encompass mine...meaning whatever I send you you'll likely already have in your collection. How do you get around this problem? Besides that, this sounds immensely cool!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 2:26 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Sounds like fun! My only worry is that most of you guys have collections that literally dwarf mine and likely encompass mine...meaning whatever I send you you'll likely already have in your collection. How do you get around this problem? Besides that, this sounds immensely cool!

I got my last comp and I must have had all the Albums except for 2 of them that the songs were for.

Just pick songs you like and stick 'em on it, I personally won't send out anymore than a couple tracks by well known bands on the comp. most of the stuff I'll put on the CD will be either underground or lesser known bands (why send out a comp. with Judas Priest and very well known bands on it ? I don't see the reason myself, unless that's all someone might have, sure noone can get upset in that case). I will ask whoever I'm paired with if they have a preference towards any Genre (I see no point sending some who hates Black Metal, Black Metal songs).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comp Pairings Round 2   Comp Pairings Round 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp Pairings Round 2
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next