Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI

Go down 
+21
Citanul
CRIMSONMASK
Required Fields
exact33
jettafiend
A Handful of Wayne
allthingsmetal
James B.
ZombieHavoc
SAHB Healer
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
bassman
DallasBlack
Wurthless
kmorg
stormspell
Orion Crystal Ice
Addy
thejokeriv
BearOnUnicycle
Olafsto
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Empty
PostSubject: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Anyone up for a new round? It`s been a while, and since i was paired with the dog by the name of criss30 who gladly took the CD`s i made for him, but never bothered to make/send me anything, last round. I am more than ready for a new shot at this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:10 pm

I'm in. Almost created the thread myself Very Happy I can even make pairings if others are too lazy.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Sure, I'm in
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Im sure it wasnt intentional with Criss3o he's normally pretty busy

If I can do it the same way as last time Id be willing to do it again
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:00 pm

yeah sure I'll do it bzzzz
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm up, but only interested in swapping a handful of tunes (10-12) online (digital).
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Addy wrote:

I still don't know what to say about Bowie tracks besides that it is not my thing Razz
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Addy wrote:

I still don't know what to say about Bowie tracks besides that it is not my thing Razz

That's easy - you give it a shot! Listen to it, you may be surprised and find something you like in it or you may not like it at all. And it's Bowie, it;s not like someone put Justin Bieber on the comp!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
I'm in. Almost created the thread myself Very Happy I can even make pairings if others are too lazy.

Cool, you`re in charge of this one then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:03 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Addy wrote:

That's easy - you give it a shot! Listen to it, you may be surprised and find something you like in it or you may not like it at all. And it's Bowie, it;s not like someone put Justin Bieber on the comp!

I've listened to it like 7 times over two or three months giving it a time to sink in but still I can't review it properly. Not sure whether I like Bowie or not Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:14 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Addy wrote:

I've listened to it like 7 times over two or three months giving it a time to sink in but still I can't review it properly. Not sure whether I like Bowie or not Very Happy

At least you tried to give it a shot! I'm not a Bowie fan, just not my style. That's not to say he isn't good at what he does (he is), just not my thing. Anyway that's cool that you gave it a shot and is more than a lot of people would be willing to do!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 pm

I'll give this a shot again, if there are still members left I haven't traded with yet.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm in for the online (dropbox) comps again.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:51 am

Sign me up!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:19 am

I'll give it another try.......even though I still have scars from the last time.

I prefer discs.....1 or 2 is fine.

Last edited by bassman on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:47 am

Uncle Sax started this like, what, 100 years ago??? So cool you are keeping it up!!! Pair me with someone that will fit my exotic tastes and I am in, O!!!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 am

I'll give it another shot if I can work within my parameters of old technology (CD) and short attention span (one disc please). I've gotten some great multi disc packages but I just don't have time or brain cells to properly review more than one disc.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:37 pm

This sounds interesting...what are the guidelines or whatever?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:23 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
So cool you are keeping it up!!! Pair me with someone that will fit my exotic tastes and I am in, O!!!

What ! All the ga-hey bars in Belize got shut down again.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:26 pm

I am interested

but only expect a TDK 90 minute cassette with a bunch of stuff on each side.

Been feeling really "old" school lately

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 pm

I am definitely in for this again (last time was my first comp swap).
But:
--I would like to trade CDs
--I would like strictly Metal.

RequiredFields was great to trade with last time!!!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:18 pm

If possible id like to be paired up with someone who has unique tastes like mine
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Bear- I know we were paired up last time do you remember which bowie tracks i put on yours? just curious as i dont remember
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:39 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
This sounds interesting...what are the guidelines or whatever?

I pair you up with one of the participants. You make a compilation (CD or digital, or TDK 90 tape) and swap with your partner. After thinking what the hell you've just listened post a review of the comp sent to you and he does the same thing.

Addy wrote:
Bear- I know we were paired up last time do you remember which bowie tracks i put on yours? just curious as i dont remember

I still have them on my disk. I listen to comp 1 sometimes to this day Very Happy So here you go.

It would be nice if you also post the preferred format.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:49 pm

I'd be willing to do an online swap, maximum of 2 discs worth of material. Whoever I'm paired with should probably be prepared for things outside the metal realm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI   Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another fall another round? COMP SWAP XI
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next