Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comp Swap XII...Pairings

Go down 
+17
Short-Fuse
allthingsmetal
kmorg
martinsane
A Handful of Wayne
Orion Crystal Ice
cruedevil71
James B.
exact33
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
Wurthless
jettafiend
corplhicks
BearOnUnicycle
Citanul
ZombieHavoc
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Comp Swap XII...Pairings Empty
PostSubject: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:53 am

Here are the pairs:

Ok, I went ahead and did the pairings so people could get started and all. There was an odd amount of people, so I did one three-person group...if it's an issue, maybe we can work something out.

So here are the pairs:
Bearonunicycle/Kmorg (since some comps have already been done)
ZombieHavoc/Cruedevil71
Corplhicks/SideShowDisaster
Jettafiend/Short-Fuse
AllThingsMetal/Martinsane
Exact33/Wurthless

and then Orion Crystal Ice/Pheonix Reign Drummer/Citanul...you guys could either each exchange with each, or do like a circle. Orion gives to Phoenix, Phoenix gives to Citanul and Citanul gives to Orion?

Any issues here for anyone?

Ok, so I'll go ahead and facililitate it.

Just post in this thread that you want to participate, and specify if you have a preference of CD-only or digital-only.

The sign-up time will be over the next two weeks, and will end at midnight on Wednesday, November 27. I will pair up the swappers and post the list as soon as I can after closing (it closes the day after Thanksgiving, so things may be a bit busy the few days after closing).

Also, optional, but I don't think it would hurt to include a genre or two that you have a lot of and a genre or two that you wouldn't mind getting schooled in. I could then *do my best* to pair up people with that info. But it's also fun to go in blindly.

Who's down?

Last edited by ZombieHavoc on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 am

I'm in.  

Maybe something that participants should specify is whether they want a physical CD or a digital swap, as that may have an impact on the pairings.  In my case it would be digital only.

As for genres, the bulk of my CD collection is prog rock, prog metal and power metal, so that's probably what would end up on my comp.  I don't have a particular preference as to what I'd like to hear other than I'm not a big thrash fan so I wouldn't want a lot of that, and I don't do harsh vocals, so no extreme metal for me.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:31 am

Citanul wrote:
Maybe something that participants should specify is whether they want a physical CD or a digital swap, as that may have an impact on the pairings.  In my case it would be digital only.
Yes, good point. I know that was a specification last year. I will edit my first post. Because it's good to know. I don't really know how to send someone a digital comp (though I'm sure I could figure out how to download one if I got it?).
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:49 am

Me, me!1 Digital only. Also it'll be metal only so don't pair me up with S.D. Razz
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:26 pm

I'm game, but as mentioned in my previous post in the other thread regarding this, my collection is pretty mainstream and consists mostly of music that most others have. I do have some underground and minor label thrash such as Forte and Vio-lence. Thrash and US power are my main gig.

I also prefer CD, unless of course everyone else here prefers digital, which I'm cool with. We could use dropbox for transfer.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:28 pm

I am game. I can only handle one swap this year, I had 2 last year and it was a bit hectic with some crossover as well.

I prefer 1 or 2 discs with a variety on them (sans blackened or Death metal sick  )
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:36 pm

I can do it digitally (dropbox specifically). I've got pretty eclectic tastes, so I've got a little of everything.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm in. Would prefer physical CDs, keep in mind I'm in Australia, though.

Whoever gets paired with me is getting thrash, thrash, and more thrash. Maybe a song or two of death or speed metal as well.

If you want to hit me with stuff I don't know, try mainly classic metal or power metal (though I'm not a big fan of keyboard-laced stuff). Also don't know much in the realm of prog metal either.

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:07 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Me, me!1 Digital only. Also it'll be metal only so don't pair me up with S.D. Razz
I don't have time this year anyway, so everyone is safe. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:27 pm

S.D. wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
I don't have time this year anyway, so everyone is safe.  Very Happy 
Trying to figure out if I have time this round....... and you would be one I would want to trade with - o well!!!!!

I did take your Harken suggestion and listened to their latest on Spotify - interesting, several of the tracks clicked with me right away..... might need to listen to it a few more times (when I'm not working - lol!)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:46 pm

I am in. I can do digital or cd.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 pm

I thought the point was to give another a glimpse into your musical head and not just show off obscure bands and all that ?

Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm in!
I have over 2 TB's of music. I'm talking everything from jazz,fusion,prog,rock,country/rock,AOR,MHR,HR,NWOBHM,thrash,black metal,speed metal,80's new wave,my own original music (which is awesome btw) and even stuff like deadmau5....you name it,I have it!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 am

James B. wrote:
I thought the point was to give another a glimpse into your musical head and not just show off obscure bands and all that ?
Totally agree, it's just on a basic level I don't want to give someone something they already have, and my assumption is that most users here have most of the mainstream artists, so naturally I'd choose obscure bands that they may not have.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:19 am

cruedevil71 wrote:
you name it,I have it!
pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon ?

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:23 pm

James B. wrote:
cruedevil71 wrote:
you name it,I have it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:36 pm

I have a suggestion.

If you make a compilation and upload it I think it would be cool if you posted the link in the thread so everyone involved can take a listen if they want. That makes it more of a community experience.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
I have a suggestion.

If you make a compilation and upload it I think it would be cool if you posted the link in the thread so everyone involved can take a listen if they want.  That makes it more of a community experience.  

Just a thought.  
That's cool. Taking it even further, for those of us who want to do CD's, we could also have the option of uploading them like you say.

I'm guessing dropbox would be the obvious maneuver here.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Making a dropbox conference (I think that's how its called) is the best thing to do. Would be really a swap. Forget about the reviews then though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:56 pm

James B. wrote:
cruedevil71 wrote:
you name it,I have it!
Laughing Okay,almost everything. I do have Dijonnaise though.Mmmm.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:59 pm

I'll do it, I don't care if I get physical CD or digital, but I will need to know if recipient prefers strictly metal, or a mix..
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:00 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'll do it, I don't care if I get physical CD or digital, but I will need to know if recipient prefers strictly metal, or a mix..
If I'm paired up with you I want f*cking Skyliner Razz
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:55 pm

I personally want to be paired with Ult hoping that he throws his hat into the ring.

I have personally never set up a drop-box account and I am a bit of a technotard.

In answer to the Corporal's question, the majority of us here have RYM accounts as well so that you can avoid the crossover.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:04 pm

I'm in. I can do digital or cd. I got a mix of different genres power metal, pop, rock, etc. I dont mind hearing anything and hope whoever i'm paired with feels the same.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:07 pm

jettafiend wrote:
I personally want to be paired with Ult hoping that he throws his hat into the ring.

I have personally never set up a drop-box account and I am a bit of a technotard.

In answer to the Corporal's question, the majority of us here have RYM accounts as well so that you can avoid the crossover.
Holy crap, I never thought about RYM. Genius idea.

Phoenix, if they pair me up with you, please nothing with a DR less than 12. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap XII...Pairings   Comp Swap XII...Pairings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp Swap XII...Pairings
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next