Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
Metal Misfit
ghostintheruins
powermacho
Invader
ultmetal
Kong
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
kmorg
Olafsto
Thrasher73
Smindas
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:47 pm

I got mine at FYE yesturday. I pretty much given up on Best Buy. Only thing it cost like $18 pretty steep but whatever. I gave it a couple listens yesturday and I enjoyed it. I had a little problem with the drum mix as sometimes the kick drum was killing my speakers in my truck even with the bass turned down. All the songs were pretty good except for Master that didnt really do anything for me. It did make me laugh though when he kept saying im a computer because it reminded me of this video...

Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:08 pm

I passed over about 12 in the $5.99 bin at Hastings the other day, guess I'll go back & pick one up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:22 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
I passed over about 12 in the $5.99 bin at Hastings the other day, guess I'll go back & pick one up.
Shocked

12 newly released (as in yesterday) albums for $5.99? Are you in the right thread?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
I passed over about 12 in the $5.99 bin at Hastings
the other day, guess I'll go back & pick one up.

Shocked Pick up two for me, would ya? I'm serious.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Hamer12 wrote:

Wow!Great Price.Pick one up for all of us.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:59 pm

I don't believe that. Does anyone got it from Virgin records mega store on Times Square, NY?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:34 pm

I bet he means Taj Mahal.....I'm sure of that because I saw the same thing at the Hastings here in Abilene.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:32 am

You are right it was Tage Mahal, my bad. I called yesterday. The store is about 50 miles away but I'll ride the old Mo'cycle over this weekend & pick one up anyway. Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:22 am

I went to VIRGIN RECORDS MEGASTORE ON TIMES SQUARE, NEW YORK. I look everywhere, and found nothing. Is may 11, where the hell can I find a copy if is not on virgin records? where is everyone getting theirs?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 2:17 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They made like 4 albums without Criss...

They finally figured it out that it wasn't really Savatage without Criss.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:38 am

troublezone wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They made like 4 albums without Criss...

They finally figured it out that it wasn't really Savatage without Criss.

Of course it still was. As long as Jon was in the band, it was still Savatage. It was when they hired that last singer (Damon or whatever) that things took on a cover band approach. Jon should have sticked to the mic, and everything would have panned out in the long run. Just listen to the man on his solo efforts!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:53 am

powermacho wrote:
I went to VIRGIN RECORDS MEGASTORE ON TIMES SQUARE, NEW YORK. I look everywhere, and found nothing. Is may 11, where the hell can I find a copy if is not on virgin records? where is everyone getting theirs?

If I can't find it at my Virgin store then I have a used CD store that I attend regularly (though not as much now that I am on a budget) where the owner will special order it for me (since he knows that I am a regular I don't have to put any money down). Interesting to note, his store has been the longest running used CD store in the entire area (all the others have shut down or have been sold to Movie Trading Company).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:38 am

Quote :
Of course it still was.

Kmorg, I do respect your opinion, but I just don't agree with it. I guess there are 2 sides to the issue. I'm on the side it just wasn't Savatage without Criss.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:51 am

Who wrote most of the music? Who was the voice we all first identified the band with? Who is still today making the same music, under a different name?

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 3:40 pm

Are you going to try to tell me Criss didn't write a bunch of that music? Come on now.

And like I said, I respect your opinion. Mine is the music ain't Savatage without Criss. If John would have died, and Criss lived, I would most likely feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:51 pm

I hear quite a bit of Savatage in all of the various projects, including the first Circle II Circle album. It's Jon's composition style more than anything else, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 5:06 pm

I hear great music.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:36 pm

I've been rockin it over this weekend, and I'm going to debut it on Metal Thunder tonight. I like it a bunch!-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I hear great music.

Me too, doesn't make it Savatage.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:56 pm

powermacho wrote:

I got mine at FYE. Theres one of those in manhatten. Its total crap though. They dont sell any used cds where as on Long Island they do. but they should have it there.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I hear great music.

My thoughts exactly. Who cares what name is used, the music is the most important factor.
Back to top Go down
Kong
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:00 am

There are quite a few online shops that have it available. Amazon, CD Inzane, Laser's Edge and a host of others. I am going to get with the label and find out
what's going on with regular retail stores...\m/

The support is much appreciated!

Kong...\m/
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:18 am

Oh yeah, what is going on with the distribution? Even Rob Rock, which is less popular than savatage, has his albums on virgin records. How can it be that there is no single cd on any store?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:43 am

powermacho wrote:
Oh yeah, what is going on with the distribution? Even Rob Rock, which is less popular than savatage, has his albums on virgin records. How can it be that there is no single cd on any store?

Savatage and Jon Oliva never get any respect. But FYE usually will caryy JOP stuff.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:22 am

With Virgin looking to be a disappointment, I am going to go to my favorite used CD store and put in a special order. I's weird because Circle II Circle albums are easy to find at Virgin, and they even have Maticora's last one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next