Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
Metal Misfit
ghostintheruins
powermacho
Invader
ultmetal
Kong
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
kmorg
Olafsto
Thrasher73
Smindas
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:09 am

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:29 am

Those samples sounded amazing. Can't wait for this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:07 pm

Yip still looking forward to this bad boy, I went on a buying rampage and ordered the two versions of the CD (Digi & Jewel) & the Vinyl version also.

it's up on Thrashmageddon but I'm waiting for the real thing.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 3:39 am

Finally got this puppy indoors, and I'm still not sure what to think. It is definitely a more experimental album than the previous one. It's just more of everything. You have the heavy songs, such as "Adding The Cost", "Stories" (my favorite so far) and "You Never Know". But you else got several ballads. But so far nothing grabs me as I had hoped for. I know it wil grow on me though, as all the great albums do.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 6:33 am

Yeah, I like it, but it's definitely a grower, not a grabber.

I guess I was just expecting more of an old school feel, since Criss had writing credits on so many songs.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 am

I loved maniacal renderings, it felt as it was from the SIRENS era, I realy loved. I read somewhere that the new album will be realeased on april 30 for the US.
I have to check on Virgin Records, maybe they have any import from Global Warning.

DOES ANYONE KNOWS IF JOP IS COMING TO NEW YORK CITY?

Here is an interview I found on Blabbermouth about an jon's recent interview.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92237
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:24 am

Got it few days ago. Great album, although it took few listens until I started to like it.
Back to top Go down
Kong
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:07 am

As by design, the new record is no 1-trick pony!
There is so much ear candy going on that it will take
the average listener 5-6 spins to begin to grasp it all.
We have no desire to live in the past, but will certainly
embrace where Oliva has come from. Heck, Criss Oliva
is credited with co-writing 6 songs on this Cd with the
use of old cassette demo's found in a dusty shoe box.

Our goal was to create a record that made you think and
something that you will still enjoy 5-10-20 years
from now. Hopefully the end result will be just that!

Cheers...more US tour dates to be announced soon!

Kong
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:29 am

Thanks for posting, Kong. Yours always welcome here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:18 am

"Stories" might be one of the best songs I've ever heard Jon on.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
"Stories" might be one of the best songs I've ever heard Jon on.

AMEN to that! "Before I Hang" is opening up for me now too! AWESOME!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 10:34 am

Thanks for the update Kong. The new album will not dissapoint any savatage and jon oliva's pain fan 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:04 pm

It sure shouldn't This is prime time Jon, as it should be. Now, i'll never become friends with the song "Master", but just about eveything else is top notch.

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks again, Locky. I got a new cd player in my truck, and have been cranking this. I like it from the first spin.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:04 pm

You are very lucky people. I will have to wait until may 6 and then make an special order., or go to virgin records to see if I can find a copy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:43 pm

PM, when I mail you those discs, I will make you a copy of mine, as long as you promise to buy it when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
ghostintheruins
Metal novice
Metal novice
ghostintheruins

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:00 am

I'm loving this album.
There's a few bad points though:

"Master" is the worst song Jon's ever recorded

"Adding The Cost" would be a killer song if the chorus wasn't as annoying.

"Before I Hang" isn't as good as either of the two songs it's made from; Larry Elbows and Before I Hang

Other than that it's a great album. "O To G" is simply amazing, but I can't help feeling cheated by it because it's so short lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:51 pm

What the hell is wrong with "Master?" I think it's a good tune! It's definitely different, but that's why I like it. The breakdown could have been better, though.

Anyone remember Shadowgate for the NES? That intro part reminds me of Shadowgate.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
PM, when I mail you those discs, I will make you a copy of mine, as long as you promise to buy it when it comes out.

I would apprecia if you send me a copy. I promise I will get a copy. I am planning on getting the album as soon as possible new, but I will have to make a special order on any local store, or look for it on Virgin Records.
I try to pre-order on a local store, but they couldn't do it, so I have to wait

Jon Oliva is a great musician deserves our support. 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Anyone remember Shadowgate for the NES? That intro part reminds me of Shadowgate.

One more reason to make the wait more unbearable.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:40 pm

So is this already out in the US? I'm finding 3/22 (a Saturday?), 4/30 (a Wednesday?) and 5/6 as release dates...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Album came out today. Good thing about it is that "No More Saturday Nights," the limited edition bonus track, is a hidden track on the regular US release. Pretty heavy tune, too. Sucks for those that paid more for the limited edition, though.

The page with the lyrics for "Someone/Souls" shows the song as "Touch Someone." Who the hell messed that up? Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:00 pm

Great disc. I have no doubt this will be my favorite of the year.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:21 am

Need to pick this one up next week.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:53 am

I WANT IT NOW Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 811939

So where can I pick this one up? best buy, virgin records? gossip
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next