Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
Hamer12
A Handful of Wayne
Metal Misfit
ghostintheruins
powermacho
Invader
ultmetal
Kong
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
kmorg
Olafsto
Thrasher73
Smindas
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:17 am

I've been meaning to get this.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:21 pm

I went to my usual used CD store to special order this (which helps keep the owner in business) but he closes it on Sunday (hey, unlike me other people need at least one day off a week). Don't know when I'll get back there and I may just order from Amazon and mail them a money order. Either way I still have the intense itch to get this album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:36 pm

DB, have you tried ebay?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 8:42 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
DB, have you tried ebay?

No, but I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Well I'm a believer now. I have listened to this a few times through in the past week or so and I'm hooked.

SUC said don't call this Savatage, but it almost is. This is what I wish was Savatage in the 90's. Jon singing and playing driving metal tunes. I'm still not liking Zach's work with Savatage. sick

Anyhoo, This album is tops for me this year so far. Or maybe it's right behind Rage's Carved IN Stone. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:57 pm

Just got the Gutter Ballet demos today. And the 2nd song on it is "Before I Hang"!! What a treat it was to hear the original version!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:02 pm

I think parts of Open Up Your Eyes was next. This is great!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:13 pm

I GOT IT ON FYE TODAY. The jewell case version is good enought. It has a nice booklet with plenty of pages. I liked that Jon Oliva talks about every songs
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:14 pm

You mean writes about every song, right?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:18 pm

Sure. That is what I meant, but I could come up with a right way to say it/write it lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Quote :
SUC said don't call this Savatage, but it almost is.

I'm actually not sure, but I usually say that about the Tage stuff without Criss. This is closer to Savatage than any post Criss Tage album, imo. But still not Savatage.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:57 pm

My wife loves me....really
I went to the mail box and this cd along with "Maniacal Renderings" was found inside. The ol' lady surprised me...big time. When I drive down to Bakersfield in the morning....my 18 wheeeler is gonna be "rocking out !!!!!!"

It is so hard to not listen yet, but I prefer to listen to a cd all the way through on the virgin spin. I am kinda/sorta old... thus I have an excuse for being peculiar.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:55 am

James B. wrote:
but I prefer to listen to a cd all the way through on the virgin spin. I am kinda/sorta old... thus I have an excuse for being peculiar.
Ha, I'm the same way. I wouldn't be surprised if plenty more here were the same, too.

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING   Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva's Pain - GLOBAL WARNING
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5