Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)

Go down 
+16
metalmaniac122
Fat Freddy
ghost
nevermore
7thSecond
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
DeathCult
ultmetal
T-Roy
Hamer12
MetalRob331
Mglaffas81
mc666
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:19 am

random? What do you mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:21 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
random? What do you mean?
Well, out of all the metalcore bands, you just like one song. I'd say that's a bit random. Why do I only like one gay pop song?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:23 am

Nothing random about it. It's the only one I've heard that had good riffs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:31 am

I love Pro-Pain's music but sometimes Gary's voice gets on my nerves. Other Metalcore i like are No Innocent Victim and Disciple A.D. That one record by "In Cold Blood" was pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:38 am

I consider Pissing Razors metalcore and i liked them too.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:52 am

i c a lot of comments about not good guitar work, some of these metalcore bands have killer guitarists especially All That Remains and God Forbid. Most dont like the vocals i agree with that but some of the music is just too awesome to pass by..
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:58 am

How do you classify Becoming The Archetype? These guys are incredible and they may fall into some "core" category and thus be an example of one I like.

As I Lay Dying's last one is good and has some definate thrash elements that please....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:56 pm

becoming the archetype are more along the lines of melodic death metal.

Really talented band..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:00 pm

troublezone wrote:
I love Pro-Pain's music but sometimes Gary's voice gets on my nerves. Other Metalcore i like are No Innocent Victim and Disciple A.D. That one record by "In Cold Blood" was pretty cool too.
No Innocent Victim is hardcore. And one of the best. Love that group!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
No Innocent Victim is hardcore. And one of the best. Love that group!
You took the words right out of my mouth about NIV Eye. Disciple A.D. is also hardcore. I have gotten in to a few Metalcore bands lately though. I like KSE, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying and a couple others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:24 pm

This God Forbid band that TOB mentioned has piqued my interest. Sounds good to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:30 pm

You know, I've gotta say, the music sounds pretty good but the vocals are terrible. Just doesn't do anything for me. I guess the sound just ain't right for me.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Demon Hunter and All That Remains are some of the ones I like best.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:10 am

spectrefate wrote:
This God Forbid band that TOB mentioned has piqued my interest. Sounds good to me. Smile

God Forbids latest cd The Constitution of Treason was killer i loved it and i would rec. it as well..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:31 am

NIV is hardcore but very metallic hardcore thats why i included them on this thread.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
MAROON

Another great band is Maroon. They play a style that fairly synonymous with what most view as metalcore, but—I think—they do it with much more skill than most. Unlike a lot of metalcore bands, it doesn't seem like Maroon is playing their metal riffs and leads right out of Metal Riffs and Leads for Dummies. Just killer extreme metal, with a little hardcore mixed in.

"(Reach) The Sun" (from The Cold Heart of the Sun)

I like Maroon very much. I discovered them some time ago on a promotion CD of Metal Hammer magazine. I purchased "When Worlds Collide" and was not disappointed. Last Saturday I bought "The Cold Heat of the Sun". In my opinion they aren't pure Metalcore, they are a mixture of Metalcore with Death Metal. Very brutal and aggressive. Also there guitar work is IMHO very good.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:21 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
becoming the archetype are more along the lines of melodic death metal.

Really talented band..
BINGO, not metalcore at all, straight up melodic or progressive death metal! Probably my favorite band right now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:25 am

007 wrote:
You know, I've gotta say, the music sounds pretty good but the vocals are terrible. Just doesn't do anything for me. I guess the sound just ain't right for me.

Ditto. Way too much WOOOOAAARRRRRGH on the vocals for my taste.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:34 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
There are a few others i dig like God Forbid, Diecast, The Agony Scene, and Demon Hunter

God Forbid (IV:Constitution Of Treason)

not sure about the others, but one thing I do know for certain, Demon Hunter is 100% straight up nu-metal, not metalcore. sick

Last edited by on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:41 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
The only metalcore song I like: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxaug-Rwmqw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxaug-Rwmqw[/quote[/url]]

That is a great song...the whole record is good... 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 1:29 pm

troublezone wrote:
NIV is hardcore but very metallic hardcore thats why i included them on this thread.
I don't hear anything metal in their music. It's all hardcore to these ears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm

ghost wrote:
I like Maroon very much. I discovered them some time ago on a promotion CD of Metal Hammer magazine. I purchased "When Worlds Collide" and was not disappointed. Last Saturday I bought "The Cold Heat of the Sun". In my opinion they aren't pure Metalcore, they are a mixture of Metalcore with Death Metal. Very brutal and aggressive. Also there guitar work is IMHO very good.
Metalcore is an ambigious dump-all genre. Is Shadows Fall metalcore? Where the hell is the hardcore? It's not there. But they're considered a metalcore band. A band like Light This City is considered metalcore, but they're really not any different than a band like Arch Enemy.

So I don't put much passion behind what is and isn't metalcore. Like I said, a band like Pro-Pain is a true metalcore band; metal and hardcore, a balanced mix. Yet they're not considered metalcore. Haha. A band like Maroon and Light This City would be considered melodic death metal, or extreme metal, if there weren't so many elitist turds within the metal community. Haha.

Last edited by on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:22 pm

We need more elitists in metal and less "it's all good" and "I'll label this band any genre I want to because it's totally subjective" people. ;P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:05 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
We need more elitists in metal and less "it's all good" and "I'll label this band any genre I want to because it's totally subjective" people. ;P
Nu-metal is metal. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

cheers

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)   Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Metalcore (Not An Oxymoron)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next