Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...

Go down 
+21
Dark Horseman
Wurthless
chewie
Orion Crystal Ice
jettafiend
snooloui
Shawn Of Fire
Metallic Blaze
Dave the Boss
Mordor
tohostudios
exact33
mr.electric39
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
Olafsto
ultmetal
Thrasher73
kmorg
MetalRob331
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:57 pm

I forgot to mention that it might be worthwhile to check out the "Rock The Bones" compilation/samplers. I think they are up to volume #5 now. The ones I've seen are a nice overview of current melodic uh...music. For example the volume that I have is where I first got onto "Ten" and bands like that. I'm not sure if they all have the same emphasis, but you might check into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Haha. Hey, I'm in a good mood this week. No e-hate from me. I've recently been snotty online, but not this week. But don't test me! Laughing

It is a great album, though. Reminds me of Sonata Arctica drunk on Sensory Records Lager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Tempestt_2007

Listening to this one now...cool stuff!!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:22 pm

kmorg wrote:
Walk The Sky

Must agree since I admit my bias... I roadied for their lead guitar player when he was in 'Soldier' 20 years ago... 20 years???? crap I'm old !!!! grim reaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TILJ_fPygRU

Hear's a video from WTS first disc. Performed at a backyard party. Not too bad, don't know who the girl is since she's not in the band... someone's daughter? peace....

Not savy yet to get that YouTube screen in my page here yet....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 11:41 pm

For my money the last Stan Bush album 'In this life' was one of the best of last year, maybe more of an AOR sound but I still think it qualifies.

Dont forget Gotthard 'Domino Effect' another classy album from last year.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 pm

I got volumes 3-4-5 of Frontiers Records "Rock the Bones" sampler/compilations (I'm missing volume two, and my volume one sometimes sells for $100 now). Again, I can't recommend these enough. They aren't just a nearly comprehensive overview of recent melodic hard rock (containing at least half of the artists mentioned in this thread), but listenable in their own right as well, even though the production isn't the greatest. Some of the music is a little to sappy for me, but there is stuff on there like Jorn's hard riffing, low slung cover of Whitesnake's "Fool For Your Lovin" that is pretty awesome. A nice way to sample and find great melodic rock. Cheap (most of them are 2 cd's), and a good investment as well, it seems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:32 pm

Frontiers puts out some great stuff...no question.

The new album from WORK OF ART sounds straight out of 1986...like DRIVE, SHE SAID meets GLASS TIGER or something...with some 80's TOTO mixed in...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:30 pm

A recent discovery of mine thanks to Stormspell:

American Angel - EP 92 (Great melodic rock/metal)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 8:37 pm

ArmouredAngel wrote:
For my money the last Stan Bush album 'In this life' was one of the best of last year, maybe more of an AOR sound but I still think it qualifies.

Dont forget Gotthard 'Domino Effect' another classy album from last year.

both are awesome releases! I would also add White Wolf - Victim of the Spotlight to the list..

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:19 am

Some new ones in the genre:

HOUSE OF LORDS - Cartesian Dreams
JADED HEART - Perfect Insanity
GOTTHARD - Need To Believe
OUTLOUD - Outloud
THE TROPHY - The Gift Of Life
JORN - Spirit Black
HARDLINE - Leaving The End Open
SUNSTORM - House Of Dreams
CHRIS LANEY - Pure
OLIVER WEERS - Get Ready
COLDSPELL - Infinite Stargaze
PLACE VENDOME - Streets Of Fire
TALL STORIES - Skyscraper
PLACES OF POWER - Now Is The Hour
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:23 am

Shakra - Everest

Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 am

Here's some to check out. All very good bands Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 877540 Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 877540

ADRIANGALE
ANGEL OF EDEN
ARI KOVUNEN
ASTRAL DOORS
BIG rooster
BLOODBOUND
BROTHER FIRETRIBE
CHICKENFOOT
COLDSPELL
COVERED CALL
CRASH STREET KIDS
DYNAZTY
EDEN'S CURSE
FARCRY
FIRENOTE
FIREWIND
GOTTHARD
HARDCORE SUPERSTAR
JADED HEART
JORN
LAST AUTUMN'S DREAM
LEVERAGE
MARCELLO-VESTRY
OUTLOUD
PAGAN'S MIND
PINK CREAM 69
POWERWOLF
SAINT DEAMON
SHAKRA
SOUL DOCTOR
STEEL PANTHER Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Lmao Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Lmao Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Lmao
STURM UND DRANG
SUNSTORM
THE LAST VEGAS
THE POODLES
THUNDERSTONE
WIG WAM
WOLF
ZAN CLAN
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 am

Mordor - this thread is for current releases in the Melodic Hard Rock genre...not for just rattling off your favorite bands...

Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:54 am

That is a pretty good list of bands though. I have 15 of those.

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:55 am

tohostudios wrote:
That is a pretty good list of bands though. I have 15 of those.

Yeah, it is...lots of awesome stuff on there. But, some fall over into the more Metal side of things than others...I'm trying to stay on point here...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:57 am

He did mention Shakra just like I did.

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:04 am

I'm just trying to reel it in...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:11 pm

I think Wolf and Saint Daemon are more straight to power metal. Good list though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:14 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I think Wolf and Saint Daemon are more straight to power metal. Good list though.

Yeah, that's my only issue with his list...those, Firewind, Bloodbound, Leverage, Pagan's Mind, Angel Of Eden, Thunderstone...all more Metal than what the topic at hand is about...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:22 pm

I guess one man's melodic hard rock is another man's metal.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:53 pm

I think Axel Rudi Pell should be in this category, somewhat......

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:07 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I guess one man's melodic hard rock is another man's metal.

I guess...
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:00 pm

The new Praying Mantis album is mindblowing! One of their best albums ever imo. Amazing melodic heavy rock with tons of guitar harmonies and great vocals.

This is the single off of the record. It isn't the best song on the album, but it does give an idea what they sound like.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Heard a band named ECLIPSE today. The album was called "Are you Ready To Rock". That was def. one for this thread. Good stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Yeah, ECLIPSE is pretty spot on...good band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...   Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Melodic Hard Rock releases...
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next