Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"

Go down 
+36
metalinmyveins
XYZ
Stender
Muloc7253
ThrashedOutCobra33
iamrockerfun
mr.electric39
rattpoison
DallasBlack
Trial by Fire
spiritoradio
White_Mage
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
nevermore
TrogDawn
Chairman_Smith
mc666
MoonChild
DeathCult
caniplaywithmadness?
juanmiguel
Follower of Jesus
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
Glenn Rogers
kmorg
MetalRob331
stepcousin
Shiney
Mglaffas81
T-Roy
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Back In The Village, The Duellists, both kind of strike me like that. I had a ten hour trip one time, and that was the only cassette I had. gave me plenty of time to throughly listen to all the songs. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:09 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Back In The Village, The Duellists, both kind of strike me like that. I had a ten hour trip one time, and that was the only cassette I had. gave me plenty of time to throughly listen to all the songs. Shocked

Funny, The Duellists is one of my favorite Maiden songs, but other people seem to think of it as filler. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Accident%20Of%20Birth
And a runner up:
Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Halford_Rob_Halford_Resurrection
I knew that metal was never going to die when Bruce and Halford came back.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:08 pm

TheGooch wrote:
the song quest for fire, sun and steel and to tame a land are not up to the standard that you expect from iron maiden although the rest of the album compensates for it IMO

I respectfully diagree - great, underrated gems - Piece Of MInd, All Killer, No Filler
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
the song quest for fire, sun and steel and to tame a land are not up to the standard that you expect from iron maiden although the rest of the album compensates for it IMO

I respectfully diagree - great, underrated gems - Piece Of MInd, All Killer, No Filler

sun and steel is good, to tame a land is awesome, but i'll admit quest for fires a bit naff
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:22 pm

POM = No fillers!!!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:11 pm

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 The_Cult-Electric_%28album_cover%29
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:17 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Cultelectriccover

Really?
How does The Cult - Electric "define heavy metal"? I wouldn't even call
it a metal album. A good album? Absolutely. AC/DC inspired hard rock
with some 80's pop flare. However, I don't think "Electric" is the
definition of heavy metal. Just my opinion.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:29 pm

ultmetal wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Cultelectriccover

Really?
How does The Cult - Electric "define heavy metal"? I wouldn't even call
it a metal album. A good album? Absolutely. AC/DC inspired hard rock
with some 80's pop flare. However, I don't think "Electric" is the
definition of heavy metal. Just my opinion.

That smacks of a bit of double standards Ult, you wouldn't have any problems with Rocks or Black Rose being named (By the way imo they are both Heavy Metal and a whole lot more but debate rages), anyway all is cool Very Happy.
Electric is one sh*t kicking album of rolling heavy metal thunder, an album born of fire and gasoline. Songs about gunfightin' Outlaw's and selling your soul to the King Contrary Man. Epic, excessive and a whole lotta attitude.
Huge primal grooves, crunching riffs and a booming roar of a voice at the mic. Does it not get any more metal than that? A metal album that hits you in the balls and the brain all at once. No album is more bad ass than this! It'd be a safe bet this is playin' on hell's stereo system at the moment Very Happy . 80's pop flare, yeah right back from 1976!

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:34 pm

I agree with many of the posters here, but just to add something different to the discussion...

This Godless Endeavor - Nevermore

Just plain insane metal. And a nearly perfect album, in my eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Pantera? I don't know that I could say that they were the embodiment of what heavy metal is. I don't know, probably just my dislike of the band overall that makes me think they for the majority of their catalog that has me thinking that way.

I like all the other picks. I thought about picking "Denim & Leather" myself.

yea i was just saying that Pantera was like the gateway that got me into or i guess back into and even more into heavy metal, now im classic and say it was Sabbath IMO but saxon's not bad either
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:42 am

Black_Mage wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Pantera? I don't know that I could say that they were the embodiment of what heavy metal is. I don't know, probably just my dislike of the band overall that makes me think they for the majority of their catalog that has me thinking that way.

I like all the other picks. I thought about picking "Denim & Leather" myself.

yea i was just saying that Pantera was like the gateway that got me into or i guess back into and even more into heavy metal, now im classic and say it was Sabbath IMO but saxon's not bad either

i do think pantera are actually a quite good embodiment of heavy metal IMO
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:39 pm

MoonChild wrote:
I hear ya Gooch, and agree as well, but overall, for me, I am enslaved to Piece of Mind.

Other albums which I am truly addicted to are Razor's Edge and Powerage from AC/DC, Screaming for Vengence and Painkiller from Judas Priest and ofcourse, Somewhere in Time, Number of the Beast and Killers from Iron Maiden, Master of Reality from Black Sabbath and Blackout from Scorpions.

Powerage Is Quite Possibly The Most Underrated AC/DC Album Ever

But Damn It ROCKS 🤘
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:41 pm

[img]https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Back_i11[/img]

mostly because it was THE album that turned me 'toward the light' of screaming metal madness...
in 1980 it was it... how can you argue with 'Hells Bells' or 'Back in Black'.... never played another disc so much in my life. wore out two copies...
now if I could figure out how to get all that 'extra' computer language off my post I'd be a happy camper...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:56 pm

you all forget this one !

not pure metal but must be included ... can't live without it.

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 D1061804ym1
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:57 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:

an awesome album

i have also finally managed to learn e,c and g so i can almost kind of play it well know the title track
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:15 pm

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Discoir7
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:24 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:30 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:

I didn't !!

growl
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:31 am

Quote :

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 BowDown Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 BowDown Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 BowDown
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Grim Reaper!
Rock you to hell

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 E30624fpkji
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:58 am

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 B00099BRTU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V46963591_
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:06 am

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 B00099BRTU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V46963591_

May each note I know play be a black arrow of death to all those who play false metal. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
defender_of_the_faith wrote:

May each note I know play be a black arrow of death to all those who play false metal. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

That part is hilarious!! happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:37 am

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 1227
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next