Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"

Go down 
+36
metalinmyveins
XYZ
Stender
Muloc7253
ThrashedOutCobra33
iamrockerfun
mr.electric39
rattpoison
DallasBlack
Trial by Fire
spiritoradio
White_Mage
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
TheGooch
nevermore
TrogDawn
Chairman_Smith
mc666
MoonChild
DeathCult
caniplaywithmadness?
juanmiguel
Follower of Jesus
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
Glenn Rogers
kmorg
MetalRob331
stepcousin
Shiney
Mglaffas81
T-Roy
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 am

To name two that haven't been mentioned (at least I don't think so)

KISS - Creatures of the Night
No one really expects much heaviness from KISS these days, but I challenged my friends to find an album with heavier drum production (including any form of extreme metal) and they couldn't do it. Couple that with the awesome catchy vocal hooks ("Loud! I Wanna Hear It LOUD! Want No Compromise!") this pretty much defines how great 80s metal can be, for me.

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Generally detested by the old fans, Vulgar Display of Power became a defining album for people getting into metal in the 90s, and is still one of the widest regarded albums for new fans today. Who can blame 'em, with monster tracks like Mouth for War, Walk (with it's freaky solo), F'cking Hostile, This Love...just a perfect album all round for me, and for many others.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Thats like impossible!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:42 pm

No, That's Incredible!

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 01
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:11 am

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Led.Zeppelin.-.Four
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:39 pm

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 200px-Antipop
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:24 pm

The first five albums I got were Def Leppard "Pyromania", Kiss "Creatures of the Night", Ratt "Out of the Cellar, Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil", Ozzy Osbourne "Bark at the Moon", and then came along this one, which really embodied everything I was wanting to hear in a band. All those others albums were awesome, but this was a masterpiece.

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 200px-Judas_Priest_DotF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:08 am

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 89_gutter_ballet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:45 am

It's already been mentioned, but I have to agree...

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 042308-0034-judaspriest1
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:34 am

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Black_Sabbath_Master_of_RealityPick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Ozzy_Osbourne_Diary_of_a_Madman

Last edited by troublezone on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:58 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 90_painkiller

cool
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 90_painkiller

cool
I agree
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 200px-Antipop

I love Primus, but i nthe case of this thread.

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 627712

Also, I may be the minority, and I do love AC/DC. But I wouldnt consider them as defining metal at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:07 pm

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Judas_priest_painkiller_cover
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:09 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
The first five albums I got were Def Leppard "Pyromania", Kiss "Creatures of the Night", Ratt "Out of the Cellar, Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil", Ozzy Osbourne "Bark at the Moon", and then came along this one, which really embodied everything I was wanting to hear in a band. All those others albums were awesome, but this was a masterpiece.

That was almost my first choice because it was the first JP I bought with my own money. Awesome choice, man!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:37 pm

the sentinel wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

That was almost my first choice because it was the first JP I bought with my own money. Awesome choice, man!!! 🤘

I remember getting it on my 13th B-Day from a friend on May 8th, 1984 after a night eating at Showbiz Pizza. I got home put the tape inside what was commonly referred to as the "Ghetto blaster", and shot some hoops!!! Good times!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Demis_roussos_forever_and_ever_lp
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:14 am

syrus wrote:
Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Demis_roussos_forever_and_ever_lp

Tricky, tricky tricky, tricky, tricky.....

PostSubject: Re: Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"   Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal" - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick one album that defines "Heavy Metal"
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5