Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?

Go down 
+46
bgsully
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ze_mau
metalken
ZombieHavoc
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
choosemetal
BillRoxx
Hadley
corplhicks
exanimate
glassprison
Gilbert
Vexer6
DeathCult
irishpride
mlotek
Bouke777
oldschooldoom
powermacho
Stender
SuprimuS
James B.
shamgar75
MetalGuy71
777Stryken777
stepcousin
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
mc666
thejokeriv
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
sovdat
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
T-Roy
krokus
DallasBlack
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Might as well go ahead and list my favorites since I missed this discussion the first time around:

Arnion
Believer
Boarders
The Crucified
Deliverance
Grave Forsaken
Living Sacrifice (FIRST ALBUM ONLY)
Megadeth (I'm counting them Smile  Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 506406 )
Mortification
The Moshketeers
Sacrament
Temple of Blood
Tourniquet (all-time favorite thrash band period).
Ultimatum
Vengeance Rising (not a huge fan of Roger's vox, which kept me from enjoying them to the extent I do most of the others on this list, but lately I've been getting more and more into their music).

Hey, a post that is on topic. How about that?

Sweet! Need more of that!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:54 pm

metalken wrote:
surprised I may not be the most knowledgable on various metal genres, bt reading through this thread I cannot fathom how Nugent and Skillet = a discussion on Christian thrash? I understand that threads live a life of their own, but...

It's a mystery.  don\'t know 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/horrifying-song-ted-nugent-released-1981-nobody-seems-talking-video/

Infinite proof that Ted Nugent is a worthless human...no guitar playing skills make up for that.
I wouldn't call him "worthless"(I reserve that label for true low-lifes like the Koch brothers), but he is an idiot about a lot of things, and while he claims to believe in god, many of his actions are not very "Christian" at all.

I'm guessing this was supposed to go in the Nugent thread. Anyway, I will say that, yeah, Jailbait is almost equal to a Mentors song. Okay, well not quite, but it is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:16 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/horrifying-song-ted-nugent-released-1981-nobody-seems-talking-video/

Infinite proof that Ted Nugent is a worthless human...no guitar playing skills make up for that.

naw - George Soros wins that award. Ted does go over the top a lot though.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:31 am

I'm trying to figure out why Jimmy would be sorry for What a Joke surprised 
I love that album.Great guitar tone,some great songs,some silly stuff.I dont see anything wrong with the attitude of it.He was pretty much telling it like it is!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:23 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I love that album.Great guitar tone,some great songs,some silly stuff.I dont see anything wrong with the attitude of it.He was pretty much telling it like it is!

I think it was the silly stuff that he didn't like. The band wasn't ready to record a new album yet but they were being pushed by their label due to the success of Weapons. Also, him and George Ochoa were apparently at odds at the direction the D should go at the time, thus the reason George departed before the What a Joke tour. The album was rushed and had a lot of filler on it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:

Well, I was talking about the song "What A Joke" specifically, not the whole album. The song in question is some good ol' fashioned anti-gay hatemongering. I can't hang with that.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Saying something is wrong isn't the same thing as "hate mongering". Get real.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Deliverance re-recorded that song (What A Joke) a few years ago and they asked me to sing on it. I do remember there was one line in the song that I really felt awkward singing so we changed it slightly. Can't remember what line that was.

FYI, there are two different versions of the What A Joke I sang on. I don't care for the one on the D tribute. The one that was released as a bonus track with the Ultimatum Box Set and on the promo split CD with Join the Dead is far superior. Better mix, more guitar work, and overall just better. :-)

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:44 pm

I was a Christian until 2008 or so. Now I am basically a New Ager and I attend other religions.

But I still like the CM bands. as for C-Thrash: these are my favorites:

-Deliverance
-Believer
-Sacrament
-Decision D
-Jesus Freaks
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Saying something is wrong isn't the same thing as "hate mongering".  Get real.

Well to me and most people it is.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:47 pm

exact33 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

naw - George Soros wins that award. Ted does go over the top a lot though.
Don't see anything wrong with Soros, maybe the Hitler thing was a bit over-the-top, but can you name anything else he's done that's so wrong besides that one example?
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:50 pm

I think Deliverance´s What a Joke is a Thrash Metal classic. Its "D"´s thrashiest and faster album , I´d compare it to Anthrax Among the Living in some way.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:46 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Here, here! My sister and her fiance (until her divorce is final) live together and sleep in the same bed despite not being married. I think it's wrong, but I love my sister and her fiance is a nice, funny, and charismatic man. I have no hatred towards them whatsoever. I think abortion is a horrible thing and my eldest niece recently have one. I'm saddened and somewhat sickened by it but I have no hatred toward her or her mother (my eldest step-sister who encouraged her to have it). Unfortunatly, there are people who just can't grasp the concept of love the sinner, hate the sin. Not sure why that is but I find it pretty sad.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:52 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Here, here! My sister and her fiance (until her divorce is final) live together and sleep in the same bed despite not being married. I think it's wrong, but I love my sister and her fiance is a nice, funny, and charismatic man. I have no hatred towards them whatsoever. I think abortion is a horrible thing and my eldest niece recently have one. I'm saddened and somewhat sickened by it but I have no hatred toward her or her mother (my eldest step-sister who encouraged her to have it). Unfortunatly, there are people who just can't grasp the concept of love the sinner, hate the sin. Not sure why that is but I find it pretty sad.

So do you think abortion is "horrible" in all cases including rape, incest and the mother being very likely to die from childbirth?

I personally don't think it's "horrible" at all and i'm frankly franked sickened by all the comments directed at people like Wendy Davisover the subject ("abortion Barbie", yeah REAL classy! Rolling Eyes ).

I don't think there's a single thing wrong with two people of the same sex being in a loving relationship.

For me the idea that those things are a "sin" is utter nonsense
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:21 am

The elephant in the room with abortion is simple and always avoided in these arguments: it's a child being put to death. The heart begins to beat at 18 to 21 days after fertilization; that there are brain waves at six weeks; or that at eight weeks all body systems are present. Most abortions happen between the eighth and eleventh weeks of pregnancy.

I agree the abortion barbie is part of that rhetoric I just spoke of.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:55 am

corplhicks wrote:
The elephant in the room with abortion is simple and always avoided in these arguments: it's a child being put to death. The heart begins to beat at 18 to 21 days after fertilization; that there are brain waves at six weeks; or that at eight weeks all body systems are present. Most abortions happen between the eighth and eleventh weeks of pregnancy.

It's not quite that simple, the fetus does not start experiencing any kind of senses until the third trimester, so until then it is a collection of cells and not a person, so it's not exactly a child being put to death.

You probably also won't like to hear that i'm a supporter of stem cell research.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:00 am

Vexer6 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

It's not quite that simple, the fetus does not start experiencing any kind of senses until the third trimester, so until then it is a collection of cells and not a person, so it's not exactly a child being put to death.

You probably also won't like to hear that i'm a supporter of stem cell research.

I don't mind hearing it. I, too, am a supporter of stem cell research. Just a different control group.

The first fetal sense is touch. It develops as early as 7.5 weeks. Others follow soon after, well before even the second trimester. https://birthpsychology.com/free-article/fetal-senses-classical-view#.U4rdcvldV2M
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:02 am

Interesting, nice to meet a fellow supporter.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:05 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Interesting, nice to meet a fellow supporter.

Yes, it is something that has a plethora of benefits and is widely misunderstood--and trivialized--by the opposition.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:20 am

Vexer6 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

So do you think abortion is "horrible" in all cases including rape, incest and the mother being very likely to die from childbirth?

I personally don't think it's "horrible" at all and i'm frankly franked sickened by all the comments directed at people like Wendy Davisover the subject ("abortion Barbie", yeah REAL classy! Rolling Eyes ).

I don't think there's a single thing wrong with two people of the same sex being in a loving relationship.

As a form of birth control, abortion is NEVER right. Incest, danger to the mother, and rape I make exceptions for because the woman has no fault in the matter. But just because you couldn't keep your legs together or take precautions doesn't make it right IMO.

Frankly, I don't care that you don't consider those things sins, I do. I believe the fetus is a human being no matter what stage and that terminating it's future is wrong in most circumstances. I also believe sex should be between a man and woman in marriage. Frankly you have ignored what the true meaning of my post was. I'm not here to debate with you on what is sin and what isn't. I've long reached my conclusion on the subjects and you will not convince me otherwise (and it's obvious I couldn't change yours either).

My purpose in my statement was simply to say just because I find those things wrong, doesn't mean I hate people who do them. And that's the same with most Christians (just because someone claims to be Christian, doesn't make them so).
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 1:19 pm

For once it was not me that sent a thread into a "Downward Spiral" [notice how clever I am???]!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:09 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

As a form of birth control, abortion is NEVER right. Incest, danger to the mother, and rape I make exceptions for because the woman has no fault in the matter. But just because you couldn't keep your legs together or take precautions doesn't make it right IMO.

Frankly, I don't care that you don't consider those things sins, I do. I believe the fetus is a human being no matter what stage and that terminating it's future is wrong in most circumstances. I also believe sex should be between a man and woman in marriage. Frankly you have ignored what the true meaning of my post was. I'm not here to debate with you on what is sin and what isn't. I've long reached my conclusion on the subjects and you will not convince me otherwise (and it's obvious I couldn't change yours either).

My purpose in my statement was simply to say just because I find those things wrong, doesn't mean I hate people who do them. And that's the same with most Christians (just because someone claims to be Christian, doesn't make them so).
That sounds awfully misogynist and sexist, telling a woman it's her fault cause she "couldn't keep her legs together".

Not trying to convince you, just stating my view.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

That sounds awfully misogynist and sexist, telling a woman it's her fault cause she "couldn't keep her legs together".

Not trying to convince you, just stating my view.

It may sound like that there but I would say to the guy who gets his girlfriend knocked up, he should have kept his d*ck in his pants (i.e holding both parties responsible). If you are going to have sex irresponsibly, you should be willing to suffer the consequenses. BOTH parties are at fault. I think that if a woman get's pregnant she should take responsibility for that life and the guy who got her pregnant should take responsibility to take care of her and that life.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 8:16 pm

Wow. This discussion got a bit heavy didn't it?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next