Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?

Go down 
+46
bgsully
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ze_mau
metalken
ZombieHavoc
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
choosemetal
BillRoxx
Hadley
corplhicks
exanimate
glassprison
Gilbert
Vexer6
DeathCult
irishpride
mlotek
Bouke777
oldschooldoom
powermacho
Stender
SuprimuS
James B.
shamgar75
MetalGuy71
777Stryken777
stepcousin
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
mc666
thejokeriv
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
sovdat
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
T-Roy
krokus
DallasBlack
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:05 am

I haven't listened to Tourniquet since the first album (STOP THE BLEEDING) because even though the musicians were amazing on that record, the vocalist (was it Guy Ritter? I forget his name) annoyed the heck out of me. One minute he was King Diamond, the next he was Udo Dirkschneider, and then it was back and forth and back and forth between those two voices, after a while I was like "For cryin' out loud, either pick a vocal style or SHUT UP already!"

I know that guy's not in the band anymore, but he pretty much ruined Tourniquet for me for all time!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:33 am

lol! Laughing very hard ALRIGHTY THEN!!! Dude, you would dig Pathogenic Occular Desso-whatever. Psycho Surgery (I think you need some) is also really good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:50 am

mc666 wrote:
i was refering to Tourniquet, but actually it could be applied to both bands. yes i have heared Microscopic, but it doesn't change my opinion.

Thats cool, I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 7:01 am

FF - funny how people are different.....I still love Tourniquet but they haven't been the same for me since Guy Ritter left. Stop The Bleeding is still my favorite!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:43 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
FF - funny how people are different.....I still love Tourniquet but they haven't been the same for me since Guy Ritter left. Stop The Bleeding is still my favorite!!

Yea, well, what can I say. My dislike of Ritter was never a very popular opinion...

And T-Roy, I've heard the song "Pathogenic Ocular Whatchamacallit" and it's a decent tune... but not decent enuff for me to start buying Tourniquet albums...

I guess I'm just too dang picky.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 9:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I guess I'm just too dang picky.
OR PATHOGENIC?!
Heck I don't care if you NEVER listen them! I just like POD. But like I said, definately not one of my FAVORITE top 5 thrash bands either! MERRY CHRISTMAS BROTHERS!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 9:56 am

Add me the category of those who liked TQT better when Guy left. His vocals never did much for me. I just wish that Luke would sing all the time instead of screaming, but I can understand that it is the sound they established early on and that the fans still want to hear to some extent. I think Luke does a much better job with the clean vocals.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:00 am

This thread turned into a Tourniquet discussion. 🤘

My personal favorite is either "Stop the Bleeding" or "Psycho Surgery".
Both had that blend of classic metal and thrash metal. I though Guy's
vocals were very cool and unique. Some claimed he was a King Diamond
clone, but that just isn't true other than both vocalists use a
falsetto style. Guy had a unique tone and style.

I also like the Luke era stuff. Vanishing Lessons is probably my
favorite Luke album. Lots of heavy stuff on that album, even if it's
not thrash anymore. Good hooks to boot.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:24 am

Answer to original topic. NONE.

However, my real beef with Christian Metal is that it constantly reminds me of my undersized, inverted penis. I just can't take the pain! Crying or Very sad

What I really need to know from you guys is that you love me in spite of my inward penile condition and the fact that I come off as such a numnuts outwardly when all I really need is a great big metal sized hug. greedy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:41 am

Full Leather Jacket wrote:
Answer to original topic. NONE.

Why is that? scratch

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:50 am

That's the same guy who at a supposed 38 years of age posted

Quote :
Christian Metal = Worst Music Ever

Seems like a Troll...

Last edited by on Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:51 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Christian Metal = Sucks (or something along those lines)

Seems like a Troll...

Ahhh. Got it. Had he said "I don't like Christian lyrics" then I would have understood.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:15 am

ultmetal wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Christian Metal = Sucks (or something along those lines)

Seems like a Troll...

Ahhh. Got it. Had he said "I don't like Christian lyrics" then I would have understood.

ult

I don't mind Christian lyrics. I don't follow or believe in any form of religion, but respect most of them (some are just too stupid to a certain extent, though). I am not a person who blows off music, because I disagree with the lyrical content....but too preachy/straight-forward lyrics, regardless of whar religion, does get a little annoying (maybe that's why Cannibal Corpse growl..?).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:21 am

I pretty much love all of Tourniquet's stuff. There were a couple of stumbles in the middle, but I thought Moth, Micro, etc were totally "T"! I mean, if Ted is behind the kit, I could care less who is singing.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 9:35 pm

I really enjoy "Stop the Bleeding" a lot. Nice riffs and engaging songs. There are some songs I think are wonderful on the next two discs as well, but they are scattered amongst a lot of tracks that sound like filler to me. After that, I only enjoy a song here or there.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 5:49 am

That's where I'm at. A Dog's Breakfast and Broken Chromosomes on PS are awesome, but the CD is okay after that.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:36 am

pretty much all the bands named here, also Preacher, Cronic, ToB, Treasure Seeker, Demolish, Heartcry, Jesus Freaks(s/t).

I tell ya, I gotta hear the Moshketeers someday!! they sound awesome!
Back to top Go down
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:44 am

In no particular order:

* Tourniquet
* Jesus Freaks
* Ultimatum
*Deliverance

As far as Tourniquet goes, my favorite is "Stop the Bleeding." I really didn't like the new album (Where Moth and Rust Destroy)...

I didn't know there was Christian metal until I was in college, so the first Tourniquet album I ever heard was "Crawl to China" (go ahead, laugh it up!) but I really like that album. I love Luke's vocals!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:33 am

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, HAHAHAHAHAH!!!, No, just kidding bro!! I've actually never heard Crawl to China....the only one I haven't heard come to think of it. Jesus Freaks? never heard of 'em.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:59 am

Up until about 2 or 3 years ago, my complete knowledge of Christian metal was Stryper. I never knew that such a diverse genre existed until I started reading Ult's site. That being said, my Christian thrash collection is severly lacking, but if I had to pick some favorites, they'd be...

Ultimatum (the only band that I own their complete discography)
Tourniquet
Deliverance
Sacrament
Seventh Angel (don't own anything yet, but they're high up on my want-list)

Other than that, I only own a few others cd's that would fall into the realm of Christian metal. I intended to buy more, but since Full Leather Jacket said that all of it sucks, I guess I'll spend my money elsewhere. Maybe ebay has some magic beans for sale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:01 am

Quote :
Jesus Freaks? never heard of 'em.
Yeah, that first Jesus Freaks album was a "good" Metallica album. If ya like And Justice for All, etc, you should check 'em out, T-R.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I intended to buy more, but since Full Leather Jacket said that all of it sucks, I guess I'll spend my money elsewhere. Maybe ebay has some magic beans for sale.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:15 am

You guys are the gayest metalheads of all time. Real professional. I bet your leather jackets are baggy, which rhymes with faggy. True metal forever!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:57 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
Yeah, that first Jesus Freaks album was a "good" Metallica album. If ya like And Justice for All, etc, you should check 'em out, T-R.
Hmm, sounds cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:08 am

T-Roy wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
Hmm, sounds cool.

http://rapidshare.com/files/43288109/Jesus_Freaks_-_Socially_Unacceptable_by_Josafat.rar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next