Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?

Go down 
+46
bgsully
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ze_mau
metalken
ZombieHavoc
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
choosemetal
BillRoxx
Hadley
corplhicks
exanimate
glassprison
Gilbert
Vexer6
DeathCult
irishpride
mlotek
Bouke777
oldschooldoom
powermacho
Stender
SuprimuS
James B.
shamgar75
MetalGuy71
777Stryken777
stepcousin
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
mc666
thejokeriv
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
sovdat
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
T-Roy
krokus
DallasBlack
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
On a different note, is anyone on here on a Skillet fan?  They're quickly becoming one of my favorite Christian bands.

I enjoy them. So far i only have the Monster album, but its very good for modern rock.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:58 pm

Painkiller wrote:
James B. wrote:
When a pastor at a church talks about sin and hell, he is warning people about the consequences of lifestyle.
Christians are their own worst enemies.

I like the lyrics to The Crucifieds The Wrong One

THE WRONG ONE

Words: Salomon
Music: Bellew, Chaffin
Album: The Pillars of Humanity

You’re up in my face, spitting and screaming
Your composure is gone, gone away
Calling me “fool” the insults abounding
And you’re shocked to find my mind hasn’t changed
You say God’s for the weak, if He exists
To punish man for the wrongs he has done
You’re simply a hindrance to those who are seeking
But in the heat of your pride you have overlooked...

His love

How could you be so very wrong?
(Can’t stop thinking it’s true...)
How could you miss it all along?

The sucker...
was you

Allow for that possibility
Like you would expect from me
Could the wrong one, could it be you?
Is God not what you assume?

You say, “Don’t stereotype, don’t generalize me, I alone represent myself.”
But it’s o.k. for you to do that to me?
Could it be that you don’t know me quite that well?
You live double-standard, the Law of Convenience
Such as the right to freedom of speech
Name any religion - you’ll take the lecture
But you’ll pull the plug once Jesus Christ is preached?

“It’s o.k. to speak beliefs, as long as I agree
censorship is wrong - but only if you censor me
I’m open to the truth, accepting the change
But not if that means repentance because they’re really not the same.”

You’ve taken my God and attempted to turn Him
Into something you know He is not
(Place one lie here and another one there
And then you’ve got a God with whom you can find fault)
But the fact still remains, and the flowers still fade
God is true and forever more
If you would open your heart and honestly seek
He would open your eyes and you would know the truth
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:55 am

Vexer, I apologize for offending you and I apologize to everyone else for hijacking the thread.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 2:52 am

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 4:53 am

James B. wrote:
Vexer, I apologize for offending you and I apologize to everyone else for hijacking the thread.
Aology accepted.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
On a different note, is anyone on here on a Skillet fan?  They're quickly becoming one of my favorite Christian bands.

i like their first one but i kinda lost touch after that.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 1:16 am

Skillet is an amazing band. Alien Youth and Collide are my favorites, even though they're stylistically different. Even their earlier work was decent, especially the debut.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Haven't heard enough Skillet to form a solid opinion.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 12:46 pm

I like Skillet for what they are. Collide was a great modern hard rock album, and Comatose was quite good, as well.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 2:07 pm

I need to look up where the expression 'tongue in cheek' originated. Most people's tongues are in their cheeks, Gene Simmons aside.

The one thing that always boggles my mind is how people say they don't pay attention to or don't care about lyrics. I care so much about lyrics. There are definitely bands I like musically, but their lyrics turn me off so much I can't support them/listen to them. Carnivore is a huge example. Musically, their brand of crossover thrash was so up my alley, but the ridiculous aggro misogynist lyrics--I can't take it.

Some times a band can have just one song that ruins them for me, like At War. I mean, their paranoid survivalist lyrics are ridiculous, but I can look at that as over the top and not take it seriously...but a song like "Rapechase"...can't listen to a band that has a song like that. Weirdos.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 2:44 pm

mlotek wrote:
I have been liking this band BETRAYER from Canada more and and more, over the last year or more..
https://www.facebook.com/betrayer1996
They released 3 albums, and are a cross between power, thrash, and heavy metal.
To my ears, BETRAYER sound closer to power metal for the really picky thrash listeners.

They broke up for quite awhile, but are back after replacing a guitarist I think.
I usually don't care for this type of wailing/singing.

I have their Shadowed Force ep. I also have a download of their Rusted Icons album. I didn't realize they were considered a Christian band. Huh. How 'bout that? If I remember correctly, I think a member of the band posted here a few times, which may have tipped me off to the band in the first place.

I was actually getting rid of the ep. Well, tried to on ebay anyway. It's a decent little ep, but with only 3 songs on it, I never really played it. It just took up space on my shelf. I ripped it to the computer and figured I ditch the cd.

If anyone is looking for a copy, I'll gladly sell/trade mine.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Might as well go ahead and list my favorites since I missed this discussion the first time around:

Arnion
Believer
Boarders
The Crucified
Deliverance
Grave Forsaken
Living Sacrifice (FIRST ALBUM ONLY)
Megadeth (I'm counting them Smile  Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 506406 )
Mortification
The Moshketeers
Sacrament
Temple of Blood
Tourniquet (all-time favorite thrash band period).
Ultimatum
Vengeance Rising (not a huge fan of Roger's vox, which kept me from enjoying them to the extent I do most of the others on this list, but lately I've been getting more and more into their music).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:46 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Might as well go ahead and list my favorites since I missed this discussion the first time around:

Arnion
Believer
Boarders
The Crucified
Deliverance
Grave Forsaken
Megadeth (I'm counting them Smile  Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 506406 )
Mortification
The Moshketeers
Sacrament
Temple of Blood
Ultimatum
Vengeance Rising (not a huge fan of Roger's vox, which kept me from enjoying them to the extent I do most of the others on this list, but lately I've been getting more and more into their music).

Hey, a post that is on topic. How about that?

Last edited by ultmetal on Wed May 28, 2014 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Arnion
Believer
Boarders
The Crucified
Deliverance
Grave Forsaken
Megadeth (I'm counting them Smile  Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 506406 )
Mortification
The Moshketeers
Sacrament
Temple of Blood
Ultimatum

Hey, a post that is no topic. How about that?

I thought I'd do something unexpected.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:15 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I need to look up where the expression 'tongue in cheek' originated. Most people's tongues are in their cheeks, Gene Simmons aside.

The one thing that always boggles my mind is how people say they don't pay attention to or don't care about lyrics. I care so much about lyrics. There are definitely bands I like musically, but their lyrics turn me off so much I can't support them/listen to them. Carnivore is a huge example. Musically, their brand of crossover thrash was so up my alley, but the ridiculous aggro misogynist lyrics--I can't take it.

Some times a band can have just one song that ruins them for me, like At War. I mean, their paranoid survivalist lyrics are ridiculous, but I can look at that as over the top and not take it seriously...but a song like "Rapechase"...can't listen to a band that has a song like that. Weirdos.
I saw the lyrics of those bands as tongue-in-cheek, stuff like "Male Supremacy" is so laughably over-the-top that it's impossible for me to take the lyrics at face value.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:31 am

To be somewhat more in topic, I fairly recently started getting really, really into Deliverance. That is, until I figured out the lyrics to "What A Joke." That put a end to any interest I had in this band at all.

I can hold out hope that now, 20+ years later, they have grown as humans and now regret those kind of lyrics--but who knows, maybe they close out every show with "What A Joke" and have similar songs on their current albums.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:34 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
To be somewhat more in topic, I fairly recently started getting really, really into Deliverance. That is, until I figured out the lyrics to "What A Joke." That put a end to any interest I had in this band at all.

I can hold out hope that now, 20+ years later, they have grown as humans and now regret those kind of lyrics--but who knows, maybe they close out every show with "What A Joke" and have similar songs on their current albums.

I believe Jimmy has said he regretted some of the attitude behind What a Joke. You can see a different lyrical style starting with the very next album, Stay of Execution (tied with Weapons of Our Warfare for my favorite D album). Learn has some very thoughtful lyrics, as well.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:06 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

I believe Jimmy has said he regretted some of the attitude behind What a Joke. You can see a different lyrical style starting with the very next album, Stay of Execution (tied with Weapons of Our Warfare for my favorite D album). Learn has some very thoughtful lyrics, as well.
Yeah that song really pissed me off when I first heard it, refering to homosexuality as a "joke" was beyond infuriating to me, glad to hear they've changed their tune since then at least.

Last edited by Vexer6 on Thu May 29, 2014 1:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Yeah that song really pissed me off when I first heard it, refering to homosexuality as a "joke" was beyond infuriating to me, glad to hear they've changed their tune since then at least.

I imagine he still holds similar views on the subject (couldn't swear to it), but I think he regretted the way he worded things (and not just that, but other topics) on What a Joke. Like I said, the tone of the lyrics is quite different on the next two albums (Stay of Execution and Learn). It was mainly an issue of attitude.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:14 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I imagine he still holds similar views on the subject (couldn't swear to it), but I think he regretted the way he worded things (and not just that, but other topics) on What a Joke. Like I said, the tone of the lyrics is quite different on the next two albums (Stay of Execution and Learn). It was mainly an issue of attitude.

Has he actually publicly spoken about it?

]

Last edited by Vexer6 on Thu May 29, 2014 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Has he actually publicly spoken about it?

Anyways for a non-Christian example, some of Ted Nugent's lyrics are a bit off a turn-off for me, here's one example:

]

I seem to remember reading it somewhere, but I couldn't tell you where. It's been a few years.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:39 pm

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/horrifying-song-ted-nugent-released-1981-nobody-seems-talking-video/
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/horrifying-song-ted-nugent-released-1981-nobody-seems-talking-video/

Infinite proof that Ted Nugent is a worthless human...no guitar playing skills make up for that.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:46 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Infinite proof that Ted Nugent is a worthless human...no guitar playing skills make up for that.
I wouldn't call him "worthless"(I reserve that label for true low-lifes like the Koch brothers), but he is an idiot about a lot of things, and while he claims to believe in god, many of his actions are not very "Christian" at all.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:21 pm

surprised I may not be the most knowledgable on various metal genres, but reading through this thread I cannot fathom how Nugent and Skillet = a discussion on Christian thrash? I understand that threads live a life of their own, but...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next