Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?

Go down 
+46
bgsully
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ze_mau
metalken
ZombieHavoc
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
choosemetal
BillRoxx
Hadley
corplhicks
exanimate
glassprison
Gilbert
Vexer6
DeathCult
irishpride
mlotek
Bouke777
oldschooldoom
powermacho
Stender
SuprimuS
James B.
shamgar75
MetalGuy71
777Stryken777
stepcousin
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
mc666
thejokeriv
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
sovdat
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
T-Roy
krokus
DallasBlack
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 8:29 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wow. This discussion got a bit heavy didn't it?

Not as heavy as SACRAMENT!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 8:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Sorry Scott, I got a little defensive when called a sexist (as I do when called a racist or any other derogatory term that has nothing to do with who I am). That comment about the guy in that kind of situation was something our wrestling coach always said to us and despite it's crassness, it's something that has always stuck with me. I will try to watch my language from now on. As a matter of fact, I think I'm done trying to talk to this person, doesn't look like we are going to get along despite my hope that Vexer would do what me and Spec did all those years ago and agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 8:40 pm

corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Sorry, I know you're trying to get this thread back on track. My post was supposed to be before yours but I lagged behind. I was trying and failing to find something to list that I hadn't already listed earlier in this thread.

Indeed Scarament is one of the most brutal of the Christian thrash bands. Awesome stuff!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 8:55 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Sorry Scott, I got a little defensive when called a sexist (as I do when called a racist or any other derogatory term that has nothing to do with who I am). That comment about the guy in that kind of situation was something our wrestling coach always said to us and despite it's crassness, it's something that has always stuck with me. I will try to watch my language from now on. As a matter of fact, I think I'm done trying to talk to this person, doesn't look like we are going to get along despite my hope that Vexer would do what me and Spec did all those years ago and agree to disagree.

No reason to apologize. I hadn't clicked on this thread since yesterday and was surprised to read how heavy the discussion had gotten. Abortion is a very heavy and sensitive discussion.

I met an abortion survivor once. She was a survivor of a saline abortion, saved by a nurse who saw this baby still alive and struggling to live after being aborted. She was a beautiful young girl and I was in awe of her positive outlook on life.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:02 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Sorry, I know you're trying to get this thread back on track. My post was supposed to be before yours but I lagged behind. I was trying and failing to find something to list that I hadn't already listed earlier in this thread.

Indeed Scarament is one of the most brutal of the Christian thrash bands. Awesome stuff!

No apology needed brother DB!  Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:09 pm

I started to reply to one of DallasBlack's posts, but reconsidered. I think I'll stay out of this.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Actually I think I should have never gotten into it myself. Normally I'd try to stay out of these kind of conversations but I found myself posting anyways. I guess I just got tired of keeping my mouth shut for the sake of getting along. From this point forward I think I will back out of this thread like I did with the Nugent one. I've said all I can say and I think any further discussion would be pointless and just cause further aggravation.

Vexer, I will not apologize for what I've said here as I meant all of it. However, I am sorry for getting cross at you. Though I think you have said some offensive things towards what I believe, I should have handled it better. I mean it when I say I wish you no ill will but I think we should ignore each other as much as possible, or at least when it comes to these subjects. We are just two different with how we see the world.

I will now bow out of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:57 am

DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

No I get what you're saying, comments like that just tend to set me off as i'm very passionate about this sort of thing, but i'll try and be more civil myself as well.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:29 am

More civic than the mighty JOIN THE DEAD!!!

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:03 am

corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

One of my all time favorites!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:08 am

Speaking of Sacrament,anyone know what these guys are up to now?I would like to see another album with Rob Wolfe on vocals.Haunts of Violence is excellent and would be awesome to have more of it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:16 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Speaking of Sacrament,anyone know what these guys are up to now?I would like to see another album with Rob Wolfe on vocals.Haunts of Violence is excellent and would be awesome to have more of it.

All I know is that the lead guitarist and bassist formed Fountain of Tears. Decent female-fronted prog metal, but the vocalist is weak. They only released two albums, I think. Not a hint of thrash to be found here.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:48 am

ultmetal wrote:
Deliverance re-recorded that song (What A Joke) a few years ago and they asked me to sing on it. I do remember there was one line in the song that I really felt awkward singing so we changed it slightly. Can't remember what line that was.

If the part that was changed was the bit about the "perverted" "homos" and "God laughing at their terror", I will definitely check out the re-recorded version.

If that sentiment is still in there, I will pass.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:18 am

I agree with D's beliefs on the subject, but I wish they would've avoided the term "homos." I can believe passionately someone is wrong while still showing respect for them as people made in the Image of God.

On another, more thread-related note, it would be awesome to have another Sacrament album with Rob Wolfe. Haunts of Violence SLAYS. My favorite song:

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:49 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I agree with D's beliefs on the subject, but I wish they would've avoided the term "homos." I can believe passionately someone is wrong while still showing respect for them as people made in the Image of God.

On another, more thread-related note, it would be awesome to have another Sacrament album with Rob Wolfe. Haunts of Violence SLAYS. My favorite song:

I strongly disagree with his beliefs and believe passionately that there is nothing at all wrong with being gay, I don't blame ult for being uncomfortable singing that part one bit.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Abortion is wrong no matter what´s your religion. One of the biggest flaws of Christianity In My Opinion is that all mistakes have the same size to the god of the bible. so if you rape and kill a woman is the same as drinking a beer to God.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:57 pm

ze_mau wrote:
Abortion is wrong no matter what´s your religion. One of the biggest flaws of Christianity In My Opinion is that all mistakes have the same size to the god of the bible. so if you rape and kill a woman is the same as drinking a beer to God.
Um, no it isn't.  That's an incredibly arrogant thing to say  Rolling Eyes , there are millions of people who do not believe it is "wrong" at all(at the very least certainly not in the case of rape, incest or if the mothers life is at stake)

Saying that "all mistakes have the same size" is also completely ludicrous, nonsensical and asinine, you saying that drinking a beer is no different then killing someone is beyond sickening angry . You are a truly warped individual if you honestly believe that(just so you know, ult enjoys drinking the occasional beer, so you're basically accusing him of being a terrible person by drinking, real classy).

People like you are one of the main reasons why I stopped trying to believe in Christianity in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Oh for cryin' out loud. Heeeeeeeeere we go again.

Vexer, ze_mau - quit draggin' this thread off topic before I get the fire hose.

That's your warning shot. Next time the thread gets pruned. There's been way too much poop flinging around here lately.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh for cryin' out loud. Heeeeeeeeere we go again.

Vexer, ze_mau - quit draggin' this thread off topic before I get the fire hose.

That's your warning shot. Next time the thread gets pruned. There's been way too much poop flinging around here lately.
Ok, but he started it lol! 

Anyways one Christian thrash band I do quite enjoy is Ordained Fate.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:04 pm

^^ Okay, there we go. An ON TOPIC post! What a concept!!

But anyway... yeah, Ordained Fate was pretty good stuff. I have their first album (self titled). The second and final album has somehow managed to elude me all these years.

I believe Stormspell Records was supposed to be releasing a compilation disc of their demo tape(s) and some other early works, dunno if it's surfaced yet tho.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:49 pm

Never heard Ordained Fate. Never heard Decision D until today, actually Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:56 pm

In that case, here ya go:

Musically they weren't doing anything particularly ground breaking but it's decent stuff. Their main selling point seemed to be that three out of the four band members were female (the only dude was the drummer).

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:00 pm

The thing about abortion is there's a special hell--just kidding, actually came here to say OF was one of my top bands back in the day. I had forgotten about them until only recently.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:05 pm

corplhicks wrote:
The thing about abortion is there's a special hell--just kidding, actually came here to say OF was one of my top bands back in the day. I had forgotten about them until only recently.

I only discovered them in the early 00s. I was ordering stuff from RadRockers (remember them?) and I needed one more item to make their annoying $25 minimum order requirement... it was cheap so I added it to my pile, haha. I forget what the other discs I ordered were, but the O.F. album ended up getting more play than any of 'em.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I only discovered them in the early 00s. I was ordering stuff from RadRockers (remember them?) and I needed one more item to make their annoying $25 minimum order requirement... it was cheap so I added it to my pile, haha. I forget what the other discs I ordered were, but the O.F. album ended up getting more play than any of 'em.

RIP RadRockers. Those catalogs were like little bibles to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next