Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?

Go down 
+46
bgsully
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ze_mau
metalken
ZombieHavoc
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
choosemetal
BillRoxx
Hadley
corplhicks
exanimate
glassprison
Gilbert
Vexer6
DeathCult
irishpride
mlotek
Bouke777
oldschooldoom
powermacho
Stender
SuprimuS
James B.
shamgar75
MetalGuy71
777Stryken777
stepcousin
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
mc666
thejokeriv
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
sovdat
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
T-Roy
krokus
DallasBlack
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:09 pm

corplhicks wrote:

RIP RadRockers. Those catalogs were like little bibles to me.

Oh yeah, when I was in the midst of upgrading all of my old CCM Metal tapes to CDs in the late 90s/early 00s, they were my "go-to" source. Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:09 pm

So um... is Antithesis a Christian Metal band? Forgot that I had a CD of theirs and I kinda like it.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jbeter
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
In that case, here ya go:

Musically they weren't doing anything particularly ground breaking but it's decent stuff. Their main selling point seemed to be that three out of the four band members were female (the only dude was the drummer).

Man, you just cost me money because now I have to order this dang thing!  angry 

lol! 
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 6:53 pm

I loved Ordained Fate's demo. Their debut was pretty decent though.

Anyways.....did anyone mention Betrayal yet?

Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:19 pm

Okay, I went back through the posts, and Betrayal HAS been mentioned already.   Embarassed 
Oh well, great band anyways!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:45 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
In that case, here ya go:

Musically they weren't doing anything particularly ground breaking but it's decent stuff. Their main selling point seemed to be that three out of the four band members were female (the only dude was the drummer).

lol! 

I got that off of Swapacd for $.49  Very Happy 

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 7:47 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
The thing about abortion is there's a special hell--just kidding, actually came here to say OF was one of my top bands back in the day. I had forgotten about them until only recently.

I only discovered them in the early 00s. I was ordering stuff from RadRockers (remember them?) and I needed one more item to make their annoying $25 minimum order requirement... it was cheap so I added it to my pile, haha. I forget what the other discs I ordered were, but the O.F. album ended up getting more play than any of 'em.

RIP RadRockers. Those catalogs were like little bibles to me.

Radrockers was ok to a point but waaaay overpriced. Alan from Cross Rhythms (Blastbeats) was a good guy too.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:00 pm

I didn't have any probs w/RadRockers' prices cuz I only bought the cheap stuff... but when they started selling bootleg/counterfeit "reissues" I stopped ordering from them.

Now that I think about it, I got my first Ultimatum CD (the original version of "Puppet of Destruction") from RadRockers.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I didn't have any probs w/RadRockers' prices cuz I only bought the cheap stuff... but when they started selling bootleg/counterfeit "reissues" I stopped ordering from them.

Now that I think about it, I got my first Ultimatum CD (the original version of "Puppet of Destruction") from RadRockers.

yeah - i bought the cheap stuff too but when he started selling the bootlegged stuff it was the end for me too.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Yes, Rad Rockers ticked me off. When Diamante was selling off our remaining stock on Puppet of Destruction, they offered to sell us several thousand copies for very cheap. We accepted only to find out that they sold half the copies to RadRockers first. So RadRockers was trying to sell the CDs for cheap. We sold through our copies in no time, Rad Rockers would not sell us any of their copies, except for full price. They were stuck with a lot of copies of Puppet. When Roxx decided to do the remaster, they tried to talk Roxx out of doing the reissue because they had so many extra copies of the original pressing still. Thankfully Roxx ignored them and put out the remaster, which is also sold out.

They did have cool catalogs though.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:16 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Deliverance re-recorded that song (What A Joke) a few years ago and they asked me to sing on it. I do remember there was one line in the song that I really felt awkward singing so we changed it slightly. Can't remember what line that was.

If the part that was changed was the bit about the "perverted" "homos" and "God laughing at their terror", I will definitely check out the re-recorded version.

If that sentiment is still in there, I will pass.

Zombie, I think that line is still in there, but it was the line I questioned the band about when I sang it.

If anyone wants an MP3, shoot me a PM of your email and I'll send it to you.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Yes, Rad Rockers ticked me off. When Diamante was selling off our remaining stock on Puppet of Destruction, they offered to sell us several thousand copies for very cheap. We accepted only to find out that they sold half the copies to RadRockers first. So RadRockers was trying to sell the CDs for cheap. We sold through our copies in no time, Rad Rockers would not sell us any of their copies, except for full price. They were stuck with a lot of copies of Puppet. When Roxx decided to do the remaster, they tried to talk Roxx out of doing the reissue because they had so many extra copies of the original pressing still. Thankfully Roxx ignored them and put out the remaster, which is also sold out.

Sounds like they were waiting for pennies from heaven. Jerks.

I stopped buying from them in '98 when I made the switch like you did to softer evangelical music and tossed my hard/heavy CD's out in the trash. I only recently found out about the boots and going out of business.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:03 pm

exanimate wrote:
So um... is Antithesis a Christian Metal band? Forgot that I had a CD of theirs and I kinda like it.

I think some of the members are Christians but I don't think they are technically a Christian band.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:57 am

I still LOVE the first two Deliverance albums and the Moshketeers record. I'd love to hear the older Rapture demos some day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:06 am

ultmetal wrote:

Wow! That's pretty douche-y of RR. Now I feel bad for buying my copy from them! Laughing very hard

I forget what I paid for that original version of Puppet but it couldn't have been more than four or five bucks. At the time I had heard OF Ultimatum but had not actually HEARD them yet. The RR catalog's description of it said something like "For fans of Accept and Overkill," which sounded like it would be up my alley, so I pulled the trigger on it.

But hey, if I hadn't bought that Puppet CD, I wouldn't have found No Life Til Metal, and if I hadn't found No Life Til Metal I wouldn't have found this forum. So everything happens for a reason. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 10:47 am

lol! 

It can be had pretty cheap from secondary Amazon sellers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00002MY8Q/ref=dp_olp_used/184-7835404-4436519?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol! 

It can be had pretty cheap from secondary Amazon sellers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00002MY8Q/ref=dp_olp_used/184-7835404-4436519?ie=UTF8&condition=used

And I have a gift card.  happy 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:42 am

And I have a gift card.  happy 

Booya! Win!!  lol! 

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 2:05 pm

What does CCM stand for?

Heavy Harmonies has that tag on all the Christian pop metal bands, so I assume it us "______ Christian Metal"? Or "Christian _________ Metal"?
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 2:07 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
What does CCM stand for?

Heavy Harmonies has that tag on all the Christian pop metal bands, so I assume it us "______ Christian Metal"? Or "Christian _________ Metal"?

Contemporary Christian music, I believe.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Contemporary Christian Music.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 3:14 pm

I live in Kentucky, so of course I'm figuratively strangled with the "bible belt." Lots of twisted, hypocritical wolves-in-sheep's-clothing around here, that make me want to turn my back on Christianity for good. BUT, in a way, bands like Tourniquet renew my faith in the whole thing. Very refreshing.

"Preachy" or not, how can you deny such RIFFAGE?
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 3:23 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
I live in Kentucky, so of course I'm figuratively strangled with the "bible belt." Lots of twisted, hypocritical wolves-in-sheep's-clothing around here, that make me want to turn my back on Christianity for good. BUT, in a way, bands like Tourniquet renew my faith in the whole thing. Very refreshing.

Tourniquet is my #1 thrash band!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:49 am

DakotaRogers wrote:

Oh yeah,very good!That album has some great riffs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next