Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?

Go down 
+46
bgsully
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ze_mau
metalken
ZombieHavoc
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
choosemetal
BillRoxx
Hadley
corplhicks
exanimate
glassprison
Gilbert
Vexer6
DeathCult
irishpride
mlotek
Bouke777
oldschooldoom
powermacho
Stender
SuprimuS
James B.
shamgar75
MetalGuy71
777Stryken777
stepcousin
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Tall Tyrion
mc666
thejokeriv
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
sovdat
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
T-Roy
krokus
DallasBlack
ultmetal
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:41 am

Some body just find the guys in Final Prophecy for me Please Smile I love that and want to remaster and release that stuff!!!! Anyone have it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:44 am

BillRoxx wrote:
Some body just find the guys in Final Prophecy for me Please :)I love that and want to remaster and release that stuff!!!! Anyone have it?

i have both demos but no contact info.

choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:23 am

I like Ultimatium. But when it comes to preaching I rather listen to band with no agenda. However to me it's sort of a hypocrisy if you say you don't like Christian bands because they are preaching. Yet you can be a fan of a band like Exodus for example who preach about hating this and that or if your into a band like Gorgoroth who spreads their message of satanism. But this is just my two sense.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:59 am

choosemetal wrote:
I like Ultimatium. But when it comes to preaching I rather listen to band with no agenda. However to me it's sort of a hypocrisy if you say you don't like Christian bands because they are preaching. Yet you can be a fan of a band like Exodus for example who preach about hating this and that or if your into a band like Gorgoroth who spreads their message of satanism. But this is just my two sense.
Don't really see any "hypocrisy" there, I don't think Exodus "preach" about hating everything.

The lyrics aren't the only reasons I dislike certain Christian bands. I also don't find certain bands like them to be all that impressive musically.

Like Bride for example, I just don't find their music all that exciting, they have a few OK songs, but nothing that really stands out to me.

Never heard of Gorgoroth, so I can't comment on them.

Vengeance Rising I find to be rather unremarkable in terms of musicianship to be honest, they're music just does little to excite me or peak my interest.

Stryper I find to be a mixed bag musically, ranging from decent to mediocre.

Mortification never really did much for me either.

There are some Christian bands I enjoy musically such as Bloodgood, White Cross and Petra.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:26 am

Exodus -- Riot Act "Rise up and revolt
Overthrow the government
Level all the temples
Destroy the monuments

Return to anarchy
Defy the Christian law
Prepare for mutiny
Prepare for coup d'etat

So begins our final riot act
Now that your in, there'll be no turning back
Smash everything, wreck it all with pride
The power of our revolution won't ever be denied"

Exodus -- Children of a worthless god
"Brainwashed into madness,
your children are killers without fear
Manipulate and dominate,
stealing their lives for your hate
Twisted perverted minds,
think as we do or you die
Demagogue, fanatical tyrant
a false prophet seething with lies

I you fear, seeing through your lies
You I fear, raping of innocent minds"

That seems "preachy" to me at least.

Gorgoroth is a Norwegian black metal band. However the idelogical backbone of the band is their guitarist. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infernus
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:44 am

Vexer6 wrote:
choosemetal wrote:
Don't really see any "hypocrisy" there, I don't think Exodus "preach" about hating everything.

The lyrics aren't the only reasons I dislike certain Christian bands. I also don't find certain bands like them to be all that impressive musically.

Like Bride for example, I just don't find their music all that exciting, they have a few OK songs, but nothing that really stands out to me.

Vengeance Rising I find to be rather unremarkable in terms of musicianship to be honest, they're music just does little to excite me or peak my interest.

There are some Christian bands I enjoy musically such as Bloodgood, White Cross and Petra.

I can respect your opinion that you don't like those bands, but that's all it is, an opinion.

The guys in Vengeance Rising are phenomenal musicians, especially guitarist Larry Farkas. Ever heard his band Sircle of Silence with ex-Accept singer David Reece on vocals?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:56 am

Quote :
Some body just find the guys in Final Prophecy for me Please Smile I love that and want to remaster and release that stuff!!!! Anyone have it?

That would be stellar! The second cassette is much more listenable than the first. It's a shame they were never able to put out a proper full-length release. Surely someone must have known the guys personally back in the day right?!?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:59 am

To preach is to publicly proclaim or teach a message or belief, to earnestly advocate a belief or course of action, to proclaim or propagate. Exodus lyrics fit that definition perfectly. Like I said, everybody has a message. I can understand why people might be put-off by or not care for a Christian message, but it's just intellectually dishonest to say that only Christian bands are preachy.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
To preach is to publicly proclaim or teach a message or belief, to earnestly advocate a belief or course of action, to proclaim or propagate. Exodus lyrics fit that definition perfectly. Like I said, everybody has a message. I can understand why people might be put-off by or not care for a Christian message, but it's just intellectually dishonest to say that only Christian bands are preachy.

Most attach "preaching" with "church" and justify the misuse of it's definition due to their personal view of all things that apply to "church" alone. Goes along the lines of if I agree with what is being said it isn't preaching, but if I think it's overbearing in something I don't agree with, it is.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:20 pm

James B. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Most attach "preaching" with "church" and justify the misuse of it's definition due to their personal view of all things that apply to "church" alone. Goes along the lines of if I agree with what is being said it isn't preaching, but if I think it's overbearing in something I don't agree with, it is.
Right, if I find a certain band like Bride off-putting, heavy-handed and overbearing then yes it does come across as preachy to me, and I never said only Christian bands are preachy, there are others like Creed that technically aren't Christian per se but still very preachy.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
choosemetal wrote:

I can respect your opinion that you don't like those bands, but that's all it is, an opinion.

The guys in Vengeance Rising are phenomenal musicians, especially guitarist Larry Farkas. Ever heard his band Sircle of Silence with ex-Accept singer David Reece on vocals?

I'm well aware that it's only a opinion, what makes you think i'm not?

Yes I have heard Sircle Of Silence and enjoyed them moreso then I did Vengeance.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:25 pm

choosemetal wrote:
Exodus -- Riot Act "Rise up and revolt
Overthrow the government
Level all the temples
Destroy the monuments

Return to anarchy
Defy the Christian law
Prepare for mutiny
Prepare for coup d'etat

So begins our final riot act
Now that your in, there'll be no turning back
Smash everything, wreck it all with pride
The power of our revolution won't ever be denied"

Exodus -- Children of a worthless god
"Brainwashed into madness,
your children are killers without fear
Manipulate and dominate,
stealing their lives for your hate
Twisted perverted minds,
think as we do or you die
Demagogue, fanatical tyrant
a false prophet seething with lies

I you fear, seeing through your lies
You I fear, raping of innocent minds"

That seems "preachy" to me at least.

Gorgoroth is a Norwegian black metal band. However the idelogical backbone of the band is their guitarist. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infernus

"Children Of A Worthless God" is about so-called Muslims who try to brainwash people into becoming suicide bombers so that they can be "closer" to god, to me that song dosen't come across as "preachy", it comes across as a warning of using religion as an excuse to further one's own hatred.

Riot Act dosen't sound preachy to me either, I can see why it would to some people on here, but it just dosen't come across that way to me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Lol because of you guys i'll never use the word preachy again.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Vexer:

You also change the context of definition to suit your position. Pick and choose an aspect of something and ignore the rest cause it doesn't justify or back the play of your personal belief system.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Bit of a default answer this because i only ever got into one Christian band and that's the mighty Seventh Angel

Even my cousin loved these guys and he's pretty much on first name terms with Satan!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:46 pm

James B. wrote:
Vexer:

You also change the context of definition to suit your position. Pick and choose an aspect of something and ignore the rest cause it doesn't justify or back the play of your personal belief system.
I really have no idea what on earth you're talking about?

I'm not "changing the context of definition" to "suit my position" or anything else you just said.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Vexer:

I'm not "changing the context of definition" to "suit my position" or anything else you just said.
 If you actually don't know what I am talking about, why defend it ? Leave it at that.

Ult gave you the definition of "preaching" and you gave responses of how you think it doesn't apply to you.  The comment about "so-called Muslims" pushing hate is a prime example of you doing exactly what I am saying.  Sorry you don't get that, it's pretty simple.  When a pastor at a church talks about sin and hell, he is warning people about the consequences of lifestyle.  No different then you saying that song is a warning about religions pushing an agenda. Both are preaching something.  You just feel that since you don't buy into Christian beliefs, but buy into brainwashing religious zealots hating in the name of their religion.. One is one thing and the other is not ???? When in reality they are the same thing.

Kinda/sorta when you say "hate" is wrong, except for when you hate something/somebody.  You have a pattern and it's not limited to just this thread or topic.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 3:30 pm

James B. wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Vexer:

If you actually don't know what I am talking about, why defend it ? Leave it at that.

Ult gave you the definition of "preaching" and you gave responses of how you think it doesn't apply to you.  The comment about "so-called Muslims" pushing hate is a prime example of you doing exactly what I am saying.  Sorry you don't get that, it's pretty simple.  When a pastor at a church talks about sin and hell, he is warning people about the consequences of lifestyle.  No different then you saying that song is a warning about religions pushing an agenda. Both are preaching something.  You just feel that since you don't buy into Christian beliefs, but buy into brainwashing religious zealots hating in the name of their religion.. One is one thing and the other is not ???? When in reality they are the same thing.

Kinda/sorta when you say "hate" is wrong, except for when you hate something/somebody.  You have a pattern and it's not limited to just this thread or topic.

There's no "pattern" here, and I really don't see why you're bringing up the whole "hate" thing, that's WAY off-topic and you're dead wrong about that anyways.

I may not "buy into" Christian beliefs, but I know many other people do, and yes people DO get brainwashed into killing in God's name, that's not an exaggeration, it's a sad reality in many countries.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
James B. wrote:
Vexer:

There's no "pattern" here, and I really don't see why you're bringing up the whole "hate" thing, that's WAY off-topic and you're dead wrong about that anyways.

I may not "buy into" Christian beliefs, but I know many other people do, and yes people DO get brainwashed into killing in God's name, that's not an exaggeration, it's a sad reality in many countries.

people get brainwashed into doing a lot of bad things for a lot of different causes.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:16 pm

I smell a locked thread...
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:23 pm

corplhicks wrote:

HAHAHA!! I was just going to say that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 9:22 pm

choosemetal wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

HAHAHA!! I was just going to say that.

Any time we talk about religion or politics, the chance of the thread being locked is high. I try to stay out of the conversations, but I do enjoy reading the back and forth between posters.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:26 pm

On a different note, is anyone on here on a Skillet fan? They're quickly becoming one of my favorite Christian bands.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Bit of a default answer this because i only ever got into one Christian band and that's the mighty Seventh Angel

Even my cousin loved these guys and he's pretty much on first name terms with Satan!  lol!

I Love Seventh Angel! Always really liked their doomy style of thrash.Good call Boris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?   Favorite Christian thrash metal bands? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christian thrash metal bands?
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next