Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who will be the Legends?

Go down 
+13
iamrockerfun
kmorg
GrandNational
mc666
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
T-Roy
Tall Tyrion
Temple of Blood
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:37 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
no existing band from 90s till today.
all bands are fast smith piece of shi*, no longer exist after 20 30 yrs. nobody will remember them as bands in 70s 80s

This is what I was trying to say. Fast smiths.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:41 pm

Ult, who would you list? I don't see anyone around now that came in the 90's that 20 years from now we'll see as "legends" as you want defined. Maybe Pearl Jam might be that kind of a band. They seem to sell-out venues and they're barely on the radio these day. Smashing Pumpinks might work as well. The example of Korn is good as well within this definition. Maybe even System of a Down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:42 pm

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, FALL OUT BOY, LINKIN PARK, ARCTIC MONKEYS, BABYSHAMBLES, BLINK182, GREEND AY - ALL LEGENDS!!!111ONEWONONE

LOLZSTERZ
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:43 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Ult, who would you list? I don't see anyone
around now that came in the 90's that 20 years from now we'll see as
"legends" as you want defined. Maybe Pearl Jam might be that kind of a
band. They seem to sell-out venues and they're barely on the radio
these day. Smashing Pumpinks might work as well. The example of Korn is
good as well within this definition. Maybe even System of a
Down.

I don't know, that's why I asked. I was listening to Aerosmith in my car and the thought just came to me.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:44 pm

Even though I'm not the hugest fan, I honestly only see Nirvana belonging anywhere NEAR the same echelon of bands Ult named.

After them, absolutely nobody. Not even close.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:45 pm

WELL THANKS!!!! Just thought you'd pick a fight huh?!? LOL, nahh, thats cool! 🤘
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:03 pm

A tough one. I can't think of any acts that came from the nineties and are selling out arenas today. Time has yet to tell. No legends yet.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Ult, who would you list? I don't see anyone around now that came in the 90's that 20 years from now we'll see as "legends" as you want defined. Maybe Pearl Jam might be that kind of a band. They seem to sell-out venues and they're barely on the radio these day. Smashing Pumpinks might work as well. The example of Korn is good as well within this definition. Maybe even System of a Down.

I don't know, that's why I asked. I was listening to Aerosmith in my car and the though just came to me.

I don't know is the best answer yet, because there aren't going to be any "legends" like the ones from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:13 am

blackieboy wrote:
Nightwish
Iced Earth
Lacuna Coil
Shadows Fall

all these bands are gaining rapid momentum right now. Many of those outside metal circles are becoming more aware of them. Give it some time, and all these bands could go down in history ...

Lets hope so.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:03 am

I have to agree with Metalguy.Korn is the only band I can think of.I would like to see Shadows Fall remain in the spotlight but I think they eventually fade away
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:09 am

I'm doubting Korn. They are kinda hanging on by a string as it is. I don't deny their impact, but you wont see VH1 documentaries 20 years from now depicting the awesomeness of Korn. But hey they have a Ratt Behind the Music documentary, so I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:46 am

spectrefate wrote:
I'm doubting Korn. They are kinda hanging on by a string as it is. I don't deny their impact, but you wont see VH1 documentaries 20 years from now depicting the awesomeness of Korn. But hey they have a Ratt Behind the Music documentary, so I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Well you know Korn started metal.Before that it was just hard rock Razz
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:53 am

Laughing very hard
thrasher73 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Well you know Korn started metal.Before that it was just hard rock Razz

Laughing very hard lol! laughing
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:55 am

I can see Korn...they have as good a chance as any under Ults' original premise.

System Of A Down probably needs a few more strong albums and then 20 years from now I could see them selling out stadiums to the now 30-45 years olds who first fell in love with them and then have the disposable income to see them.

Man, it's a tough one. All those 60's and 70's guys were seminal and they started it all.....the guys from the 90's and following will really have to do something new and incredible but somehow accessible to the masses....I don't know if that's possiblel anymore within the Metal world.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:06 am

Not really metal, but the Foo Fighters seem to be doing pretty well. They've been around for awhile now, cranking out new music, still getting radio airplay and have a pretty decent/loyal following. Their Philly show in February is sold out and it's a 17,000 seat arena. Not too shabby for a guy who was the drummer in Nirvana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:07 am

Foo Fighters. Good choice.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:11 am

spectrefate wrote:
Foo Fighters. Good choice.

seconded
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Legends?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3