Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who will be the Legends?

Go down 
+13
iamrockerfun
kmorg
GrandNational
mc666
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
T-Roy
Tall Tyrion
Temple of Blood
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
INVADERS
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:52 pm

Well, I'm certainly 'not' a Culture Club fan, but let's face it ... to the people who love them ... they are 'legends' in their scene too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:53 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Well, I'm certainly 'not' a Culture Club fan, but let's face it ... to the people who love them ... they are 'legends' in their scene too.

The only people who dress funnier than Boy George are the "troo grimm necro kult" black metallers.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Great. Now I'm gonna have "Karma Chameleon" stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Thanks a lot.

Crap I'm sorry.

"I'll Tumble For Ya, I'll Tumble For Ya. I'll Tumble For You..........."
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

The only people who dress funnier than Boy George are the "troo grimm necro kult" black metallers.
apparently you missed out on the whole 80's hard rock scene then

Last edited by on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:55 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:57 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Great. Now I'm gonna have "Karma Chameleon" stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Thanks a lot.

Crap I'm sorry.

No you're not.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:12 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

apparently you missed out on the whole 80's hard rock scene then

I think most of those '80s guys went to the same tailor as Boy George.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:21 pm

for me EMERALD are legends...that's why i tattooed their logo,hehehe...lets see now what the future will bring for them....and heathen's rage also but no future there.... angry
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:41 pm

OK, let's stick to the subject at hand. The metal bands I'm going to mention for legendary status may not have sold the most amounts of albums, have made their debuts from 1990 on and are mostly underground, but as long as they are active for the next decade or so, we might call them legends one day:

Mortification
Tourniquet
Symphony X
Threshold
Nevermore
Nile
Borknagar
Therion
Cathedral
Opeth

There are more I can probably think of, but as long as these bands play and perform until 2020, I think they'll gain legendary status.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:23 pm

MORTIFICATION....definately!!! So much in the C-metal realm has already been influenced by them already!!! GOOD ONE!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:39 pm

I don't think some of you guys are understanding what I am saying (other than MC666 and a few others). Agreed that bands like Mortification, Symphony X and Living Sacrifice are great bands and are popular in the metal underground. However, I don't see these guys selling out stadiums or big theaters in 30 years. They don't sell them out now. There is no comparing bands like this to The Beatles, The Doors, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Kiss etc. When I say "legends" I am talking about bands with a huge following for decade after decade like these.

If we are talking pop music, Micheal Jackson has been a name to be reckoned with in music since the 1970's. He hasn't released new music in, what a decade? Yet, he could still do a tour today and sell out the entire tour. Madonnna would be another name.

The 60's, 70's and 80's gave us a ton of bands that can still pack a stadium 20, 30, 40 years later. They are still an influence on bands and are often still imitated. Some guys like Jimi Hendrix obviously are not around to sell out stadiums, but nearly 50 years later you still see people wearing Hendrix t-shirts, his music is still selling well and people are still trying to imitate him.

I think Nirvana, Pantera and Korn might have a chance to be this. All these bands have had massive success in the past and the possibility of continued success and a legendary status. You still hear people talking about Nirvana like they are some sort of gods today.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:40 pm

Then I'm with Temple of Blood, nobody.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:43 pm

Well then certainly it won't be Nirvana, they won't be selling out anything in 30 years, they have no singer and could never reform and be taken seriously, right?!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:45 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Well then certainly it won't be Nirvana, they won't be selling out anything in 30 years, they have no singer and could never reform and be taken seriously, right?!
Very Happy

Like Ult said, people are still buying Hendrix stuff nearly 40 years after his death. Whether you're a fan of Nirvana or not, I think they may have that kind of lasting impact.

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:47 pm

I'm not a fan...but even their discology...way to slim to ever be epic, even in sales. Pearl Jam, I could vote for them I guess.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:51 pm

The thing is, those legends from the 70's anre still around! Thus there is no room for new "legends" just yet. Everyone from Rolling Stones to Iron Maiden are all still around, still touring!

There are also in fact very few legends from the 80's. Mötley Crüe and Guns n'n rose and Bon Jovi maybe, but bands like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden started in the 70's.

And sinve metal was so "slow" during the 90's, I don't think any of the bands from that era will rise to the heights their "forefathers" did. BUT, there are however bands fro the 90's that will have a status as legendary, and important, bands. I would say that In flames and Hammerfall are 2 bands that need to be mentioned here. Both bands helped spawn a "second coming" for metal, and in In Flames case, they also helped renew the genre. I also think we might get to see some black metal bands, like Dimmu Borgir for example, rise to take the throne after Ozzy and Maiden. These guys are already playing huge crowds (Ozzfest etc.), and when the originators have to call it a day, these bands will by then be the "old guys".

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:59 pm

I don't see bands like Nile and Hammerfall extending their fanbase any further.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:05 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Didn't I just say that?

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:06 pm

GWAR.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:08 pm

spectrefate wrote:
GWAR.

I would LOVE to see them become "legends" to the outside world. Imagine the possibilities. GWAR energy drink! GWAR breakfast cereal! GWAR as guest judges on "American Idol!" An annual tour called GWARfest! A stupid reality show on MTV!

That would freakin' RULE!!! 🤘

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:10 pm

Wouldn't it though? I would watch "The GWARBournes". Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:11 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Wouldn't it though? I would watch "The GWARBournes". Smile

Hell yea, or "GWAR Simmons' Family GWAR"

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:29 pm

kmorg wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Didn't I just say that?

I thought you were saying they would be considered legendary, and just to clarify my previous post, I don't think they will be. I think they are shrinking every year by churning out a lot of forgettable songs IMHO.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:34 pm

no existing band from 90s till today.
all bands are fast smith piece of shi*, no longer exist after 20 30 yrs. nobody will remember them as bands in 70s 80s
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:35 pm

wuh? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will be the Legends?   Who will be the Legends? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Legends?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next