Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023

Go down 
+16
Mglaffas81
SideShowDisaSter
Wrecked Neck
Lurideath
Glower
John Madden
James B.
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
nevermore
Gilbert
Witchfinder
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2023 6:37 am

Such a polarizing band. I'm sure I'll pick this one up at some point. I haven't bought a Metallica release brand new in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 4:46 pm

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Out of the songs released thus far, I like this title track the best.

Same here.

Same here as well. Good track headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2023 11:57 pm

I’ve been hearing the songs on the satellite radio channels and these songs are starting to sound better every time I hear them!

At least Kirk is putting more effort into his playing compared to most of his post Black album output.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2023 12:16 am

Yep, just heard another song. I officially think I will like this album. The vocals and riffs are better than the last two albums. I may end up ranking this after Justice. Or at least tied with the Black Album.

*edit*

I’ve changed my opinion. I rank Death Magnetic slightly above 72 Seasons, but it’s almost a tie. The new album is surprisingly good for very wealthy old guys that are not in their prime with an unstoppable drive to succeed. Maybe Hetfield’s divorce sparked some emotions…

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 7:18 pm

I listened to the entire album. It may not be their magnum opus, but for a bunch of guys in their late 50s/early 60s, this is really damn good.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 7:21 pm

I saw it at Target today for $14.99 but couldn't pull the trigger on it. I'll get it eventually
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 9:37 pm

A friend told me (and I agree) that 72 Seasons is better than Hardwired, but not as good as Death Magnetic. The reason being for me is that DM has some speedy riffs and an overall darker feel. The new album is a close second.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 9:38 pm

007 wrote:
I saw it at Target today for $14.99 but couldn't pull the trigger on it. I'll get it eventually

I’m about to head out tonight and see if any copies are on the shelf.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 10:01 pm

It’s just $12.97 on Amazon. I decided to buy it there and added GNR’s Use Your Illusion II (Remastered) to qualify for free shipping.

I figure that Amazon has the best return policy if something is wrong with the disc. Target has it advertised for $9.99 (if you purchase online for in store pickup). Unfortunately they tack on a “bag fee” and after taxes, it’s almost as much as the Amazon price.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 8:41 am

OK, so I did the predictable thing on Friday after work - I took a drive out to Target and picked up 72 Seasons. Once a fanboy, always a fan boy. Very Happy

...I've spun it four or five times since then and honestly, aside from "Lux Eterna" (or however you spell it), nothin' has really stuck with me. It sounds fine while it's playing, it just goes in one ear and out the other.

I have a feeling that once the "newness" wears off in a week or two, I'm gonna put the CD on the shelf and I'll forget that it exists.

Instead of stopping at Target, I should've driven the few extra miles to the local "cool" record store and gotten the new Overkill instead...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 10:10 pm

I saw it today on a pawn shop shelve next to the other cd's they sling for a buck a pop. Still did not buy it. Laughing very hard

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:12 am

James B. wrote:
I saw it today on a pawn shop shelve next to the other cd's they sling for a buck a pop. Still did not buy it. Laughing very hard

How about 72 cents? crazy happy

No biggie… they’ll get over it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:22 am

If someone is already on the fence about any new Metallica… why buy it? Almost everyone has internet access and can hear the whole thing beforehand. To think some bonehead shelled out the cash and then immediately sold it to a pawn shop for a loss is stupid. They just put money in Metallica’s bank accounts.

Also people are very knee jerk reactionaries. If it doesn’t connect right away or after 5 spins, it’s gone. I’ve learned that it’s better to hold on to something because some years down the road you might change your mind and end re-buying it again. I’ve done that in the past. But at least I’ve learned. With that said… there is a few times you come across an album that is hopeless/unredeemable aka “pure shit”.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:34 am

The problem Metallica created for themselves is that they raised the bar really high early in the career. They basically peaked in 1986. Everything they’ve done since then will be compared to the unrealistic hope they can somehow recapture some of that magic.

I think what they’re doing now is good. At least Hetfield’s riffs are pretty solid. His voice is shot and Lars has the worst taste in drum tones, but overall I think they’ve improved a lot since St Anger. To be fair… even Megadeth’s last album barely had any kind of memorable hooks (especially the vocals). It was impressive technically, but not memorable.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 9:05 am

Troublezone wrote:
To think some bonehead shelled out the cash and then immediately sold it to a pawn shop for a loss is stupid. They just put money in Metallica’s bank accounts.  

Reality is more along the lines that some bonehead stole the CD and some other shit, sold it to the Pawn Shop, and hit the dealer or the beer store?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 9:07 am

Hey TZ...

You moonlighting in Metallica's Message Board PR Dept.? Laughing very hard

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 9:23 am

(IMHDO) When a band is riding the coattails of their past mega-success and continue to flounder in attempts to put that lightning back in the bottle musically, it shows.

Hypothetically, say a band that was not Metallica put out this "72 Seasons" album. Would it get the same exposure, the same love, or the same hate that Metallica is currently getting?  Afterall, the band name (regardless) should always be secondary to the music.

My opinion

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 3:11 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
To think some bonehead shelled out the cash and then immediately sold it to a pawn shop for a loss is stupid. They just put money in Metallica’s bank accounts.  

Reality is more along the lines that some bonehead stole the CD and some other shit, sold it to the Pawn Shop, and hit the dealer or the beer store?

You’d be surprised. Nice theory though…
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 3:14 pm

James B. wrote:
Hey TZ...

You moonlighting in Metallica's Message Board PR Dept.? Laughing very hard

Not really… but I wouldn’t mind getting some of that Metallica payroll. Laughing very hard

I was actually leaning negative about this album early on. I changed my mind.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 3:16 pm

James B. wrote:
(IMHDO) When a band is riding the coattails of their past mega-success and continue to flounder in attempts to put that lightning back in the bottle musically, it shows.

Hypothetically, say a band that was not Metallica put out this "72 Seasons" album. Would it get the same exposure, the same love, or the same hate that Metallica is currently getting?  Afterall, the band name (regardless) should always be secondary to the music.

My opinion

That’s why I said they raised the bar too high early in. They’ll never recapture that early magic. But the haters don’t cut the geezers any slack. Buy it, or don’t… whatever.
Back to top Go down
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 3:40 pm

I might be in the minority but I really enjoy 72 Seasons. There are probably two or three songs too many, but most of it is solid.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:
That’s why I said they raised the bar too high early in. They’ll never recapture that early magic. But the haters don’t cut the geezers any slack. Buy it, or don’t… whatever.

Interestingly enough... My comment was about "mega-success" and again you bring up their "creative apex" or whatever. They rarely coincide  together due to the subjective nature of what is good or bad. Not to mention, most bands that do become big sellers, usually go downhill afterwards. The pace of it being slow or fast depends on factors that have little to do with the quality of the music being good or bad. Shitty albums can sell zillions & the best music ever written, recorded and/or played can remain in the dark, lonely garage where it was created.

Calling others "haters" cause they do not care to pursue listening to a band that has been putting out music they think "sucks @$$" since the late 80's early 90's (whichever applies) is so millennial of you Laughing very hard

Guess what? I did buy something once and ended up "hating on it" way back in the latter months of 1988. The irony of it being Metallica is so delicious.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:21 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Interestingly enough... My comment was about "mega-success" and again you bring up their "creative apex" or whatever. They rarely coincide  together due to the subjective nature of what is good or bad. Not to mention, most bands that do become big sellers, usually go downhill afterwards. The pace of it being slow or fast depends on factors that have little to do with the quality of the music being good or bad. Shitty albums can sell zillions & the best music ever written, recorded and/or played can remain in the dark, lonely garage where it was created.

Calling others "haters" cause they do not care to pursue listening to a band that has been putting out music they think "sucks @$$" since the late 80's early 90's (whichever applies) is so millennial of you Laughing very hard

Guess what? I did buy something once and ended up "hating on it" way back in the latter months of 1988. The irony of it being Metallica is so delicious.

So what is the correct terminology to use? I don’t want to offend you (in this day and age). Laughing

Any “old timey” jargon you can approve for me? I’m not sure you’d qualify as a “constructive critic” when your words are: ”they suck ass”… Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:31 pm

I was using "sucks ass" in the 70's. It was yelled very loudly at an Aerosmith gig in 1978. Will not here be say anything bad about early Aerosmith records, but that concert sucked some serious @$$. Laughing very hard They should have changed the stadium name to Salad Bowl.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:32 pm

Let’s talk about the color scheme choice and packaging. Are Metallica closet Stryper fans? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next