Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....

Go down 
+14
Mglaffas81
thejokeriv
skullsmasher
Mordor
ultmetal
Thrasher73
kethdredd
Smindas
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
Troublezone
White_Mage
mc666
Temple of Blood
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Empty
PostSubject: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:09 am

.... no one would give a rip about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UNfNpjWz-Y

Now I didn't really have high expectations, but this is even a let-down to me. I mean, the arrangement of the song basically makes no sense. Tons of lame riffs here. Trying to mix their nu-rock style with the old thrash stuff .... it just doesn't work.

This just confirms my belief that Iommi is by far the better riff merchant and Hetfield isn't even in the running.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:36 am

sorry, but this doesn't sound that bad to me. especially once the ballady lyrics finish.

i never expected Ride The Lightening 2 though.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:41 am

I didn't expect RTL2 either. I expected a pretty decent song and didn't get it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:45 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I didn't expect RTL2 either. I expected a good song.
ah, well this is one song off an album of 10.

i doubt every song off your Overlord album is a ripper either.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:48 am

mc666 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I didn't expect RTL2 either. I expected a good song.
ah, well this is one song off an album of 10.

i doubt every song off your Overlord album is a ripper either.

I used to think this band could do no wrong when I was a teenager ... now it is embarassing to admit I was a fan. There are tons of underappreciated metal bands throughout the years who could've used some of the recognition METALLICA has unfairly received. They paid their dues but now they are coasting big time!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:39 am

If you don't like Metallica I see no use in making a big stink about them if your not a fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:51 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I didn't expect RTL2 either. I expected a pretty decent song and didn't get it.
I find this to be a load of crap. How could you, the most cynical bastard on this forum, one who has slammed post-Justice Metallica countless times, have expected a pretty decent song? It doesn't add up.

I think just think your weiner is small and you wanted to talk trash.

lol!

I'm kidding about the trash-talking part.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:57 am

Overall what i've heard is a big improvement from the Load days. It might even be better than the Black album.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:04 am

its an awesome song i think. theres another new one floating around too on the website. its ok i need to listen to it more before i declare it a classic
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:06 am

It's not a horrible song but it's not great either. "Yawn" pretty well sums it up

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:15 am

Did we really need another thread talking about this? Or is this just the bashing thread?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:18 am

spectrefate wrote:
Did we really need another thread talking about this? Or is this just the bashing thread?

You mean... there's more than one Metallica thread? How could that be possible? Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:20 am

spectrefate wrote:

It's just another bash thread i think.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:40 am

Boring song, but I'm sure there'll be better on the album.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:48 am

how is it a boring song?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:50 am

TheGooch wrote:
how is it a boring song?

The first four and a half minutes or so are waaaaaayyyy too slow moving... too much build up, not enough payoff.

And now before someone else takes that last bit and runs with it, I'll save you the trouble: "Too much build up, not enough payoff? That's exactly what my wife said to me last night."

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:52 am

It just did nothing for me. Thus, to my ears, it was boring. However, Metallica have got another new song up for streaming (various links for it are here http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103518) and it is much better, I think. A bit odd at points, but there are some awesome riffs in there.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:53 am

i guess you could say that about One or Fade to Black or Sanitarium or Nothin Else matters or quite a few metallica songs when you think about it if thrashing was what you wanted

. i just registered to try and get tickets to the London 02 show on september 15th so hopefully i will be able to see them this year after all

saw footage of them from reading festival and it was amazing.

i swear i am getting more and more excited every day that passes
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:59 am

This sounds pretty good to my ears.

Last edited by kethdredd on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:00 am

Smindas wrote:
It just did nothing for me. Thus, to my ears, it was boring. However, Metallica have got another new song up for streaming (various links for it are here http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103518) and it is much better, I think. A bit odd at points, but there are some awesome riffs in there.

Yeah I like this one better. Again, not the greatest but better than any of the other "big 4" are doing right now.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:02 am

yeah My Apocalypse is the better of the two songs.

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:06 am

Here's a link to the crappy MP3 of "My Apocalypse" for those that want it:

http://boomp3.com/listen/c0d6hfcb3_v/m-ma
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:09 am

both songs are a great improvement over all of st.anger and parts of load and reload IMO
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:12 am

TheGooch wrote:
i guess you could say that about One or Fade to Black or Sanitarium or Nothin Else matters or quite a few metallica songs when you think about it if thrashing was what you wanted
No, it's not about thrashing. All the songs you've just mentioned, I love. They do something for me, they're extremely well written songs. Whilst 'The Day Never Comes' isn't terrible, it's not even close to the level of greatness of the aforementioned songs.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:14 am

Smindas wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
No, it's not about thrashing. All the songs you've just mentioned, I love. They do something for me, they're extremely well written songs. Whilst 'The Day Never Comes' isn't terrible, it's not even close to the level of greatness of the aforementioned songs.

i will agree they are not at those levels of greatness but i would still stay it is a massive improvement
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....   If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it .... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If this song didn't have the name METALLICA on it ....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next