Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023

Go down 
+16
Mglaffas81
SideShowDisaSter
Wrecked Neck
Lurideath
Glower
John Madden
James B.
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
nevermore
Gilbert
Witchfinder
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25771

New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 6:34 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Possibly some people became suicidal after they heard St. Anger the first time.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2023 2:43 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Possibly some people became suicidal after they heard St. Anger the first time.

HAHAHAHAH!!! And even more-so on this brand new song. Boring, uninspiring, and just LAME!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9873

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 7:14 pm

Better than the other two!

It sounds like something from Death Magnetic or Hardwired mixed with Gojira. Especially when Het’s vocals first kick in.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 7:26 pm

Not inspired by any means… but good background music for working out or driving. I get the impression that Het holds back a bit to accommodate Lars’ limited drumming abilities. The beginning of the song even sounds like something Lars would do as a warm up routine.

And even Het isn’t the raging rhythm master he was in the 80’s… he’s wearing down for sure. I can see him treading the COC Pepper Keenan style from here on out. He’s gonna look for a mid/temp groove and hit cruise control. “Spit Out the Bone” from the last album was a decent uptempo tune than seems to become more rare as time goes on.

I wonder if Lars had a major accident and couldn’t continue to play, would Hetfield move on without him? If Metallica had a youthful drummer that could inspire, imagine the possibilities! Unfortunately, Lars would sue and kill the idea.

I’m just gonna have to enjoy the early classics (especially RtL and MoP).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9873

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 10:40 pm

This new song is ok. Gets better with repeated listens.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 7:02 am

Gilbert wrote:
This new song is ok. Gets better with repeated listens.

Force your medicine down, boy! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 12:45 pm

Still a hard pass! Can’t stand the guitar tone Kirk is using. It’s almost like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 2:36 pm

Newest song is "meh" at best. I liked the previous two better.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 7:04 pm

They should have gone back to Flemming Rasmussen. At least he has the ears to get good tones! He could dial those MoP settings back in and turn whatever mediocre music they create into a B+. In other words… he can polish a turd!

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 9:20 pm

That new song is not so good. The drums sound terrible as per usual.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 10:08 am

I wish Metallica would just go away at this point. The band for normies. I would guess that most Metallica fans have never heard of Vektor, Artillery or even Powertrip.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 5:09 am

I'm not going to go as far as to say that Metallica have become a "parody" of themselves or delve into any pointless hypotheses regarding intention; nor am I going to further the "St. Anger" comparison narrative as if it were still relevant - that album was released 20 (!) years ago - twice the amount of time that passed between the formation of the band and the release of the Black Album (which is an amazing record).

I simply judge the songs at face value - my initial thoughts are "meh" - just like when they released "Hardwired" as a single - however, that album turned out to be solid and I really enjoyed it. I don't have a problem with James' voice, the guitar tone or anything else (the cover is laughably bad, though) - the actual songwriting just isn't very memorable, which is the one thing that Metallica always had going for them in my mind and the reason I became such a huge fan (on top of the musical brilliance overall). I won't listen to any other pre-release song this time 'round, I'll buy the album once it hits store shelves and listen to it in its entirety while I take my daily walks.

I'm sure I'm going to at least like this album and be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 12:48 pm

In the end, just saying a two word synopsis like "it sucks" or a  passive aggressive dissertation.  It is mere opinion.

Also (IMHDO), what they did in the past is totally relevant.  People WILL ALWAYS compare what they do now to what they did in the past. Feel free to dismiss it, but the fact is a high majority of Metallica fans (old or new) prefer the shit they put out decades ago.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 5:11 pm

James B. wrote:
In the end, just saying a two word synopsis like "it sucks" or a  passive aggressive dissertation.  It is mere opinion.

Also (IMHDO), what they did in the past is totally relevant.  People WILL ALWAYS compare what they do now to what they did in the past. Feel free to dismiss it, but the fact is a high majority of Metallica fans (old or new) prefer the shit they put out decades ago.

They made their mark in a big way with the first 5 albums. My personal favs are Lightning and Puppets, but let’s face it… most metal fans thought they could do no wrong up to the Black album. Although that one was initially criticized.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 5:40 pm

James B. wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's always going to be the case for the majority of people - however, I find it rather limiting/counterproductive to judge everything through the lenses of past eras.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 8:47 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:

however, I find it rather limiting/counterproductive to judge everything through the lenses of past eras.

Life and/or music does not exist in a vacuum. If Metallica themselves believed nostalgia did not factor into their creative process and effect how they write, much less the way they are perceived. Would they ditch the Metallica name and release new music under another name? The fact you listen to the band Metallica at all and did so in the past cause you enjoyed the music. KInda/Sorta dismisses your above quote in context to them and their music,

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 3:06 pm

Troublezone wrote:

They made their mark in a big way with the first 5 albums.

(IMHDO) They are still riding the coat tails of that body of work.   I would call just about anybody a liar if they said they like the stuff after album #5 better than the stuff previous.  

I personally do not care for much after "MoP".  (IMHDO)  They stretched themselves out too far with 'Justice" (a weak and very contrived attempt to be Dave's band Laughing very hard ) and "screwed the pooch", so to speak with the album after that.  They then just got plain lazy, realizing they could put out "the proverbial KISS $10 shit sandwich"  New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 288219  and the masses would consume. humble

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 4:49 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

They made their mark in a big way with the first 5 albums.

(IMHDO) They are still riding the coat tails of that body of work.   I would call just about anybody a liar if they said they like the stuff after album #5 better than the stuff previous.  

I personally do not care for much after "MoP".  (IMHDO)  They stretched themselves out too far with 'Justice" (a weak and very contrived attempt to be Dave's band Laughing very hard ) and "screwed the pooch", so to speak with the album after that.  They then just got plain lazy, realizing they could put out "the proverbial KISS $10 shit sandwich"  New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 288219  and the masses would consume. humble

Well as far as Justice goes…
It was my official introduction to the band. You know, the music video for the song “One” (which is still a favorite). And I think Hetfield’s vocals and most of the riffs on Justice are excellent. My only criticism looking back is the strange production (Lack of bass!) and overly lengthy songs. I’ve heard a few fan made (bass restored) remixes “Justice for Jason” is the best known… and it does make a difference in my opinion.

Harvester of Sorrow is one my favorite Metallica songs! You can tell that Sad But True on the next album was a continuation in that formula. And that also happens to be another favorite. Definitely my favorite from TBA. The only album after TBA that I somewhat like is Death Magnetic. And that’s mainly just the energy of the album and the rhythm playing. The lyrical content was basically shit like everything after TBA. Het used to be a great lyricist, but now he writes lyrics like an amateur. It blows my mind that he’s the same guy that penned Lightning and Puppets.
Back to top Go down
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 5:47 pm

Another song, this time the title track. This smokes!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 5:56 pm

Listening to the new(est) track right now. Sounds promising.

Out of the four (!) songs they've sneak-peeked so far, I've liked three of 'em.

I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm gonna end up buying the CD. I mean, c'mon, it'll be at every Wal-Mart and Target store from here to Timbuktu, how am I gonna resist? Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 pm

By the numbers and uninspired… but I’ll probably still buy a copy! lol!

Out of the songs released thus far, I like this title track the best.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 9:28 pm

Metallica should go back to stealing songs from other bands. They were way more inspired when they did that.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25771

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 11:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Out of the songs released thus far, I like this title track the best.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2023 5:25 am

I think it’s time for them to get a new producer with a fresh set of ears. At least there was a noticeable difference between the first four Metallica albums. Each album had its own tones and character. Now it’s like a pro-tools cookie cutter machine. The only difference seems to be how loud Lars wants his kick drums!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next