Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023

Go down 
+16
Mglaffas81
SideShowDisaSter
Wrecked Neck
Lurideath
Glower
John Madden
James B.
GrandNational
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
nevermore
Gilbert
Witchfinder
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:36 pm

James B. wrote:
I was using "sucks ass" in the 70's. It was yelled very loudly at an Aerosmith gig  in 1978. Will not here be say anything bad about early Aerosmith records, but that concert sucked some serious @$$. Laughing very hard  They should have changed the stadium name to Salad Bowl.

Maybe they should have handed out toothbrush kits at the door.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:38 pm

Yellow & Black are also the color of New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 288219

The correlation of that is definitely a multi-sensory endeavor.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Maybe they should have handed out toothbrush kits at the door.

Or minty fresh SCOPE, LISTERINE is too close to latrine Laughing very hard

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:41 pm

Just got my Metallica album in the mail today. Came fast!

Will be listening to it on the way to work this evening.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:49 pm

What do Metallica and Stryper have in common?

They both use Hertz car rentals.

Sorry… bad bumble bee joke! lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 6:52 pm

But I’m completely serious when I say that I’ll take a new Metallica album over a new Def Leppard any day.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 7:08 pm

Popped the cd in the boombox for a sec. First impression… slightly improved production. Better than the last one. More balanced and you can actually hear the bass guitar.

The packaging is weird AF. Opens like a flower and has extreme close up pics of their old faces. I guess they’re embracing their age.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 8:00 pm

The second half of the album sounds better to me. Lux Aeterna, Chasing Light, Too Far Gone (nice Diamond Head style riff), etc…

“Shadows Follow” has a weird riff similar to the old 1960’s Batman theme song.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2023 3:31 pm

Essentially this album is a continuation of the last two with some nods to their Kill ‘Em All roots.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2023 4:19 pm

The last song “Inamorata” has a cool main riff. Strange tuning.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2023 4:59 pm

Digging the new album. Far from perfect, but much much better than what i was expecting.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2023 10:51 pm

Picked it up today. I haven't gave it a spin yet.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2023 11:15 pm

I’m no fanboy… except for their classic 80’s era (especially the Cliff years).

I will say that this new album has some blandness throughout, but I’m not closed-minded to admit there are some shining moments too. It’s a classic “mixed bag”. If you don’t jump the gun and expect immediate  satisfaction, you can sit back or drive around listening to the album and notice riffs here and there that are very good. This is definitely one of those albums that is meant to get better with time.

I can’t imagine the stress or pressure for a musician or band to be expected to satisfy a huge fanbase like Metallica’s. That’s probably why they say they do it for themselves. But you know if the sales were dismal, it’s gotta hurt their pride.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 11:40 am

I’m really enjoying this album. At this point, I’d say it’s their best since TBA. It’s not perfect—it could use some trimming and a bit more speed—but it’s enjoyable.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 4:05 pm

I gave it about a dozen listens over the course of several days and eventually gave up and shelved it (after I wrote a quick review of it for my blog).

https://spinditty.com/genres/Metallica-72-Seasons-Album-Review

Six months from now I'll probably come across it in my CD cabinet and go "Oh yeah, there was a new Metallica album this year, wasn't there?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

MetallicSeminarian likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 6:07 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I’m really enjoying this album. At this point, I’d say it’s their best since TBA. It’s not perfect—it could use some trimming and a bit more speed—but it’s enjoyable.

Well said. My sentiments exactly!

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 6:11 pm

I totally agree.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 11:20 pm

Opinions for the new album are divided (like politics in the USA).

I like Hetfield’s riffs. They have a nice groove… makes me want to do the Leatherface waltz.

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 1:09 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Opinions for the new album are divided (like politics in the USA).

I like Hetfield’s riffs. They have a nice groove… makes me want to do the Leatherface waltz.

The leatherface waltz, lmao

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 2:15 pm

The album keeps getting better and better after each spin.

Troublezone and MetallicSeminarian like this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 7:59 pm

A few people have said that if another band that wasn’t Metallica had put out this album (no one would care).

That maybe true in most cases, but how do you explain the popularity of Avenged Sevenfold? They play similar commercial oriented music heavily influenced by TBA. They were unknown until their City of Evil album took off. And if Metallica were a new band, I’d still take Hetfield’s voice over the other guy.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 8:23 pm

Troublezone wrote:
A few people have said that if another band that wasn’t Metallica had put out this album (no one would care).

That maybe true in most cases, but how do you explain the popularity of Avenged Sevenfold? They play similar commercial oriented music heavily influenced by TBA. They were unknown until their City of Evil album took off. And if Metallica were a new band, I’d still take Hetfield’s voice over the other guy.

I thought about that criticism, but you could also say if it were another band instead of Metallica, people wouldn’t be so critical of it.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 10:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I thought about that criticism, but you could also say if it were another band instead of Metallica, people wouldn’t be so critical of it.

Good point.

I guess once you’ve made an album like Master of Puppets, you are always held to that standard.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 11:00 pm

First song of the show and tour is Orion. Probably my top favorite Metallica song. They played it very well! It’s accurate like on the album. Even Lars is keeping time.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 1:00 am

Metallica are no longer a thrash metal band (except when performing old tracks live).

Once old fans embrace this fact, they can start enjoying their later outputs better imho.

I think that Hardwired and 72 Seasons are very enjoyable and the songs get better after each spin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023   New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Metallica Song -- new album/tour in 2023
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next