Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)

Go down 
+14
Leatherface
Wrecked Neck
deathisgain
Thrasher73
Glower
nevermore
Required Fields
Gilbert
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
James B.
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 8:54 am

Crank some Trouble today in honor of Eric Wagner, who has passed away at the age of 62. 

R.I.P. sir.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-trouble-singer-eric-wagner-dies-after-battle-with-covid-pneumonia/

I was lucky enough to see him live w/Trouble once, a loooong time ago when they were touring for their major-label debut (1990) opening for Savatage - as I'm so fond of saying, it was my "Best. Show. EVER."

I had heard of Trouble before that show but I don't think I'd ever actually heard them till that night. They absolutely blew me away, I became an instant fan.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total

metalinmyveins and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 9:09 am

Well, that's sad to hear.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 9:20 am

I had a bad feeling the outcome wasn’t gonna be good because of his poor health and smoking.

I’m very saddened… he was a great vocalist and lyricist. I actually have the 1990 Trouble album reissue on the way in the mail.

This is horrible! I was hoping he would pull through.  R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 9:48 am

I never got to see him on stage with either Trouble or The Skull... (another regret)
He will be missed.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 10:19 am

Thanks for your part in some good tunes, RIP

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 10:38 am

This is shitty news to start the day. I'm glad I was able to see The Skull in 2019, though I wish I would have caught Trouble back in the day.

R.I.P. Eric Wagner
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 11:26 am

One of his last interviews.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 11:47 am

R.I.P. That sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 12:49 pm

R.I.P.

Need to add some Trouble to my collection.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 2:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
One of his last interviews.

Really good interview, with some historical context added in for good measure. The questions were solid and Eric was an extremely affable guy, but oh my with the nervous laugh that was constant during this interview, drove me fucking nuts. I had to stop it in a few places, just to get a break. Someone needs to talk this guy about his interviewing style. It's as bad as someone saying "um" or "you know" throughout a line of questioning. It was grating to the ears.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Horrible news. R.I.P. Eric Wagner. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 3:46 pm

Absolutely terrible to hear this news.

I remember me and a buddy and another cat went to Camelot Music (for some of those of you old enough to that record chain) to buy some new music. They were all about some thrash and crossover stuff. But I bought Run To The Light that day. We popped it in his car's tape player and were just blown away by the music.

I was supposed to see Trouble and Cathedral together once. But the band had been doing some fighting and ended up not playing. But Cathedral decided to just do a headlining show which we watched. I think Trouble split after that tour.

Fast forward a few years and Trouble reunited and I did get to see them with Confessor. It was a fantastic show and met both bands afterwards. I had upgraded my Run To The Light tape to cd and got the guys to sign it. A couple years ago I was lucky enough to see The Skull as part of the Heavy Mountain fest and they were awesome as well.

Thank you Eric for the great music and memories. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 5:14 pm

Victor Griffin from Place of Skulls wrote this tribute…

Victor Griffin wrote:
Very sad to hear the news this morning of the passing of my friend Eric Wagner. Eric was a kind soul, a great lyricist, and an icon of heavy rock with Trouble and with his later bands Blackfinger & The Skull. It was his experience that led to an invitation to join Death Row for a one-off tour in 2009/2010, which he happily accepted.

Later on, we discussed ideas on several occasions to work together, but for one reason or the other it never panned out. Fortunately, I had the honor of him inviting me to contribute a guitar solo for the song "In The Lonely Light Of Mourning" on his recently finished new solo album. A song that lyrically feels very prophetic considering Eric's departure, which I'm certain he would agree. A very masterful effect brother! While listening to and working on the song, I texted him to say what a nice, dark, melancholy tune I thought it was...my favorite vibe. He simply texted back, "I picked that for you for a reason".  

Eric had a great awareness of his spirituality, and we connected similarly in that way. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to hang with him and all the guys in The Skull at their recent show here in Knoxville on August 2nd. Though this news is very sad for the time being...I take comfort in knowing that Eric was a believer and is now in the greatest peace beyond our mortal understanding. I pray peace and comfort for Eric's family, friends, and bandmates "In The Lonely Light Of Mourning".
God bless you Eric and until we meet again...fly brother, like never before!

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 5:17 pm

I’m happy Eric finished his solo album before passing.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 5:22 pm

He was kind of a hippy musician. Looks like Robert Plant….
He singing voice is very unique.
Saw Trouble open for King Diamond….in 87…..small club.
I was stunned by hearing their doom sound.
Never heard a sound like that before.
Instant fan.
Interview is great !
R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 8:15 pm

Sad news, R.I.P Eric.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 10:59 pm

This news really sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 2:15 am

Terrible news. Been a fan since I first heard The Tempter on the radio way back when. Great voice, really cool frontman, and wrote some epic music/lyrics.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 8:11 am

For anyone that has an hour to spare, Eric answers all kinds of fan questions about his career and some interesting memories from tours. King Diamond, Pantera, Savatage etc…

Another sad thing is that he apparently had started working on a autobiography. As we know, he can’t finish it. Maybe someone can piece together some kind of unofficial book. The guy definitely was taken too early.

Glower and Wrecked Neck like this post

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2021 5:52 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Jan It Or
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 3:36 am

I have heard his ex-band has good stuff.

Now seems like a good time to purchase a few albums. Especially after hearing the song featured on this page.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 5:36 am

Jan It Or wrote:
I have heard his ex-band has good stuff.

Now seems like a good time to purchase a few albums. Especially after hearing the song featured on this page.

If you like those, check this out!

One of the greatest instrumentals.

Back to top Go down
Jan It Or
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 8:57 am

I was familiar with The Tempter months ago. Loved it then and still do.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 6:53 pm

Just got my Hammerheart edition of the 1990 Trouble album in the mail today! Ironically, I had ordered it a few days before Wagner’s passing.

I will listen to it on the way to work and think of him.  R.I.P.  

I hope the remaster has a noticeable improvement of sound.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 7:06 pm

Did Hammerheart also re-ish Run to the Light? That's the only studio album I'm missing on CD.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)   R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Eric Wagner (Trouble/The Skull)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next