Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner

Go down 
+5
nevermore
Mac & Cheese
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Empty
PostSubject: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:27 am

Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Blackfingercd_600

BLACKFINGER, the band featuring former TROUBLE vocalist Eric Wagner, has signed a worldwide deal with Germany's Church Within Records. The group's self-titled debut album will be released on CD and vinyl by the end of the year. A full tour in the support of the effort is in the works.

A new BLACKFINGER promo video from Kathy Reeves Productions can be seen below.

As previously reported, Dark Star Records will handle the digital release of the BLACKFINGER debut. The CD, with its many peaks and valleys of heaviness and melancholy, along with Wagner's signature vocals, will mark the singer's first recorded output since TROUBLE's 2007 release, "Simple Mind Condition".

In a recent interview with Metal Assault, Wagner stated about the BLACKFINGER LP, " It hasn't been an easy record to do. There were a lot of things that detoured me from working on it, personal things and stuff. I don't know. I get sick of hearing it and I have to take a break from it."

He continued: "I've been working on it for four, five years. There was the original lineup, which is different from today's lineup, I blew that one up because it wasn't working and I went back to writing and recording.

"In the past, we had a producer there, so all I had to do was concentrate on singing and writing lyrics, whereas with this one, I had to do everything. I had an engineer that would give me tones and sounds, but as far as recording, writing and arranging it, I had to be there. Sometimes I got a little sick of it. I had to walk away for a while.

"I'm really proud of it. It's heavy, it's dark. Heavier than I thought it would be, actually. It's definitely an album where you sit down and listen to the whole thing."

"Blackfinger" track listing:

01. I Am Jon
02. Yellowood
03. Why God
04. On Tuesday Morning
05. As Long As I'm With You
06. Here Comes The Rain
07. My Many Colored Days
08. For One More Day
09. All The Leaves Are Brown
10. Til Death Do Us Part
11. Keep Fallin' Down

Sounds promising!!\'arry \'eadbanger

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Let's hope. I would still rather see him fronting Trouble. Anybody want to take bets on how long that tour will last? Bruce Franklin told me the reason they had to move on without Eric was because touring was too much of a temptation, it inevitably kicked in the substance abuse issues and they couldn't count on him.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:24 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a reunion with Eric somewhere down the line. But for now, I am enjoying the latest album with Kyle Thomas and would like to have a few more before it's over.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:27 pm

The Wagner/Trouble split is a blessing in disguise. Blackfinger sounds promising.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 am

Bumping this one back to the front page. With all the Trouble fans here, I thought this would get more of a response.

S.D. wrote:
Let's hope.  I would still rather see him fronting Trouble.  Anybody want to take bets on how long that tour will last?  Bruce Franklin told me the reason they had to move on without Eric was because touring was too much of a temptation, it inevitably kicked in the substance abuse issues and they couldn't count on him.  
I thought it was Eric that bailed because he didn't want to tour anymore. Guess it all depends on who you ask, huh? Razz 

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Bump for new album info..

BLACKFINGER, the band led by former TROUBLE singer Eric Wagner, will release its new album, "When Colors Fade Away", this summer via M-Theory Audio.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 5:21 pm

I wonder if he is still in The Skull?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm

My thought too.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Looking forward to new Blackfinger music
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I wonder if he is still in The Skull?

Yes he is.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Bump for first single...When Colors Fade Away

Sounds good to me. headbanger

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 5:16 pm

I don't know why, but I'm not feeling it... can't really put my "finger" on it, but it might be a little too slow and plodding. I kinda wish he would revisit some of his acid rock stuff like Trouble's Manic Frustration album. He already has his band The Skull to do this style, and they do it better IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 9:44 am

Troublezone wrote:
I kinda wish he would revisit some of his acid rock stuff like Trouble's Manic Frustration album.

Or another Lid album. I love that one.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 4:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I kinda wish he would revisit some of his acid rock stuff like Trouble's Manic Frustration album.

Or another Lid album. I love that one.

Yeah, another LID album would be cool!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Never heard his band Skull, so I will have to check that out. This did not blow me away, but I kind of liked it, but I only gave it one listen so far.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 8:28 pm

Had never heard of this band. The first song I didn't like. Kind of digging "When Colors Fade Away". The beginning reminds me of the beginning of "The Tempter". I hope the skull puts out another, as I loved that album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 8:38 am

Eric Wagner is awesome

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 11:44 am

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 1:45 pm

I like it, but would rather have another The Skull album. Still, I'll probably get it when it's released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner   Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackfinger featuring Eric Wagner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: