Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water

Go down 
+4
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 2:40 am

Damn, that's a kick ass tune. Flotsam and Jetsam showing no sign of slowing down. Seems like all the older bands that aren't labeled part of the big four are getting better with age. Not to say I prefer this to Doomsday, but it's freakin good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 2:55 am

Flotsam rarely disappoints!

Will definitely buy.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 4:38 am

Troublezone wrote:

Will definitely buy.

Not doing any comparison, but F&J have so far impressed me much more than Helloween.

Their new album is already on my pre-order list.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 12:21 pm

I'll be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 12:25 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Will definitely buy.

Not doing any comparison, but F&J have so far impressed me much more than Helloween.

Their new album is already on my pre-order list.

Flotsam has been one of my favorites for years.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 12:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Will definitely buy.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 1:35 am

One of my favorite bands so this will be a no brainer!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 11:22 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 2:03 pm

Another cool tune.

I guess AK has been watching some disaster movies for inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 11:37 pm

Killer tune, can't wait to wrap my ears around the album when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 2:40 am

Spinning the album, which i finally got in the mail, for the first time today.

Excellent stuff, but will need more spins.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 6:11 am

I think it's a great release. They have been on a roll.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 6:44 am

The last two albums are both equally great. I can’t decide which I like better.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 1:21 am

Killing me having my shit in storage and no way of playing cds right now. I might just buy a digital copy of this so I can listen to it before my upcoming concert.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 2:40 am

The one thing I do like better about The End of Chaos is the bass guitar sound. Michael Spencer had a excellent punchy tone. The new guy on Blood in the Water has a less prominent sound.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Flots have never done wrong to my ears, but ever since The Cold they've been smokin' it! This album is probably going to be in the top 10 (depending on the rest of the releases this year).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 12:54 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Flots have never done wrong to my ears, but ever since The Cold they've been smokin' it
I agree mostly, but think Ugly Noise was underwhelming. Still a decent album, just a slight step back. The Cold was one of my favorites by them. Definitely the best since No Place for Disgrace IMO.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 1:23 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Flots have never done wrong to my ears, but ever since The Cold they've been smokin' it
I agree mostly, but think Ugly Noise was underwhelming. Still a decent album, just a slight step back. The Cold was one of my favorites by them. Definitely the best since No Place for Disgrace IMO.

Their only low point IMO is Unnatural Selection. One of the worst productions I ever heard!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 1:35 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Their only low point IMO is Unnatural Selection. One of the worst productions I ever heard!

I am planning on revisiting all their albums.

High is the only Flots release still missing from my collection. Wil pick it up if i can find it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 6:41 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

For me, Dreams Of Death is their weakest output. It's not a bad album, it just doesn't have the kick to it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 3:22 pm

007 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

For me, Dreams Of Death is their weakest output. It's not a bad album, it just doesn't have the kick to it.

That’s my second least favorite. But it still has listenable production. It’s supposed to be a concept album about nightmares. I agree that it could’ve been done better overall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water   Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam And Jetsam-Blood In The Water
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2