Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021

Go down 
+12
assault_attack
Troublezone
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
nevermore
Leatherface
manny
exact33
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 6:25 pm

All Things Must Pass (2015)

The story of Tower Records

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 6:28 pm

Started "Joker" today on the elliptical.

I'm only 30 minutes in but I can already see why Joaquin Phoenix won the Oscar for his performance.  At this point in the proceedings I actually feel sorry for him.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 8:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
"Crawford, please don't eat those..."

"But they're delicious." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Bad Taste (1987) Directed by Peter Jackson

The population of a small town disappears and is replaced by aliens that chase human flesh for their intergalactic fast-food chain.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 10:02 pm

Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things (1972)

A George Romero inspired zombie flick.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 10:33 pm

From Beyond!

Really creepy with great special effects. A lot of the ghoul and zombie movies from the mid 80’s had really memorable and disturbing visuals (and dark humor). Re-Animator, From Beyond and Return of the Living Dead to name a few...

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 12:25 am

Night Train to Terror (1985)

God and Satan are on a train discussing the fate of three individuals. The stories of the people in question are told in a trio of very strange vignettes.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 1:08 am

Cruisin’ High  (1976)

A street-gang member kills the gang's leader and blames it on a rival gang.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 10:00 am

"Black Sheep" (2006)

Secret genetic experiments at a New Zealand farm turn a flock of ordinary, docile sheep into blood thirsty carnivores whose bites have transformative properties.
...soooo yeah, it's basically "Night of the Living Dead," but with sheep...and with splashy special effects by Peter "Lord of the Rings" Jackson's WETA Workshop!
Obviously the premise of this goofy, gory, very funny horror comedy is completely ludicrous, but the cast makes it work by playing it with completely straight faces. It takes a little while to get going, but this is still arguably the best movie about man-eating sheep I've ever seen. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 1:32 pm

Star Wars - ANH (original version)

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 1:40 pm

"Tread" (2019)

A documentary about the strange saga of Marvin Heemeyer, a Colorado muffler-shop owner who had numerous business-related grievances against his local town council... so one fine day in 2004 he went on a rampage through town in a heavily armored bulldozer that he built in his garage.  
The TV news footage of Marv's homemade Killdozer knocking down buildings, crushing cars, etc., is a sight to behold, and interviews with witnesses and tape recordings of Marv's "manifesto" create a bizarre but fascinating portrait of a troubled guy who felt he'd been pushed too far and believed he was on a mission from God to destroy those who'd "wronged" him.
Moral of the story: don't piss off a skilled mechanic and welder.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18909

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Kolchak:The Night Stalker
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Kolchak: The Night Stalker The Vampire episode
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Black Sheep" (2006)

Secret genetic experiments at a New Zealand farm turn a flock of ordinary, docile sheep into blood thirsty carnivores whose bites have transformative properties.
...soooo yeah, it's basically "Night of the Living Dead," but with sheep...and with splashy special effects by Peter "Lord of the Rings" Jackson's WETA Workshop!
Obviously the premise of this goofy, gory, very funny horror comedy is completely ludicrous, but the cast makes it work by playing it with completely straight faces. It takes a little while to get going, but this is still arguably the best movie about man-eating sheep I've ever seen. Very Happy

I forgot all about that one!  I have it and the only thing I really remember about it was laughing my ass off.  I need to watch that one again soon.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 6:49 pm

"Fathom" (1967)

While prepping for a competition in Spain, foxy sky-diver "Fathom" Harvill (Raquel Welch) gets mixed up with a variety of spies, smugglers, and private eyes who are all searching for a priceless Chinese treasure.
This muddled spy spoof wasn't very good, but it's worth sitting through just to ogle Ms. Welch. She can't act worth a damn but she  was arguably the hottest woman in the world at this time and she spends the whole movie in a series of bikinis and other skimpy outfits.
Soooo...yeah, lame movie, but outstanding eye candy.
Useless fun fact: the opening title sequence (see video above) was designed by Maurice Binder, who also created the opening credit sequences for many of the James Bond films.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:17 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 6:52 pm

Open 24 Hours (2018)

A paranoid woman gets a job at an all-night gas station.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 10:30 pm

Dudes (1987)

Manhattan punkers on their way to Los Angeles become vigilantes when their friend is murdered by a gang of cutthroats.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 6:42 am

Dick Tracy tv series from the 1950's
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 8:00 am

Sound City

The Dave Grohl documentary of the famous studio.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 9:01 am

The Boogeyman (1980)

A young girl witnesses her brother murder their mother's boyfriend. 20 years later, both are still traumatized over the event, and in a means to get closure, return to their childhood home. While theer, she sees the boyfriend's reflection the mirror, and in a panic, smashes it with a chair, releasing his spirit, now hungry for revenge. Saw this one years ago, and although it's not that bad, it's also not that necessary to watch.

The Bat People (1974)

In this ludicrous film, a spelunking couple get lost in a cave and the man is bitten by a bat, which slowly causes him to transform into a vampiric man-bat for some reason. Odd film, with little making sense in it. Avoid this one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm

I saw The Boogeyman in the theater back in the day and at the time I thought it was pretty good. Then I watched it on VHS years later and it was just "missing something".

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Finished "Joker".

Meh.  The Academy Award performance by Joaquin Phoenix is unquestionably the highlight of the film.  He's outstanding.  But the rest?  Not so much.  The story in particular seems pretty weak; outside of a few quick outbursts of violence by the title character nothing much really happens.  I think the buildup of the story should have been much shorter and the film should have spent more time on how Joker became the "leader" of a movement of disenfranchised people but unfortunately that doesn't even happen until the last 5 minutes of the movie.  The "Gotham" series went that route with their Joker and it was much more interesting. 

And I guess I'm jaded because I remember hearing all kinds of ruckus about the violence in this movie when it came out.  Pfffffft...just about every movie in my collection is more violent than this.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 10:26 pm

"No Escape Room" (2018)

Visitors to a small-town "Escape Room" tourist attraction slowly begin to suspect that they're not really playing a "game," and that there's something supernatural going on behind the scenes.
This SyFy Original horror flick has a cool premise and some nice set designs, but the "secret" behind the Escape Room is never made very clear, so by the three quarter mark the movie is just spinning its wheels. I've seen worse, but you can safely skip this one.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18909

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 2:25 am

Mirrors(2008)-an ex-cop takes a job as a security guard watching over a department store that was destroyed in a fire. Soon, he discovers that some sort of evil lurks in the mirrors that remain in the building and that it intends to kill him and his family. A remake of a Korean film, which made me a little leery as I usually don't care much for those types of films as I find them to be slow and kind of confusing. While I did understand the film, it was kind of a slow burn as I expected and wasn't really something new. Take it or leave it kind of movie. Review based on unrated version. 2/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 12:18 am

A couple episodes of The Weird Al Show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021
Page 8 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 36  Next