Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021

Go down 
+12
assault_attack
Troublezone
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
nevermore
Leatherface
manny
exact33
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 6:13 am

The Goldbergs

American Housewife
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 6:52 am

Today I will be watching 'The Queen'
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:47 am

Everybody Loves Raymond
The King Of Queens

Finally finished season 4 of My Crazy Ex.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 9:26 am

"Turkey Shoot" (aka "Elimination Game," 2014)

A former Navy SEAL (Dominic "Prison Break" Purcell), falsely convicted of war crimes, is offered an alternative to death row: participating in "Turkey Shoot," a massively popular TV reality/game show in which felons are pursued through pre-set courses by a variety of assassins. If he can survive all three levels of the game, he wins his freedom... but of course, that's never happened before.
This cheap looking Aussie action flick is loosely based on the 1982 exploitation classic "Turkey Shoot" (known in the U.S. as "Escape 2000"). It gets in some good jabs at the reality TV craze and has a fair bit of action but it's more or less a generic ripoff of "The Running Man."
Watchable, but just barely.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 9:29 am

WandaVision episode 4
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:16 pm

Destroy All Monsters
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:22 pm

nevermore wrote:
Destroy All Monsters

I'm still watching Ken Burns' "The War" about WWII. I'm on the last disc and the Allied forces have just invaded the Ogasawara island chain. As soon as I heard the name I recognized it but couldn't remember from where so I googled it. Up popped "Monsterland". So far no mention of the Allies encountering Godzilla or Rodan.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 1:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Destroy All Monsters

I'm still watching Ken Burns' "The War" about WWII.  I'm on the last disc and the Allied forces have just invaded the Ogasawara island chain.  As soon as I heard the name I recognized it but couldn't remember from where so I googled it.  Up popped "Monsterland".  So far no mention of the Allies encountering Godzilla or Rodan.

That was shown in 1991's Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 1:45 pm

Walker episode 2
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 4:03 pm

The talk about Godzilla gave me a hankering to watch a film so I picked Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971)

One of the weirder Godzilla films, with cartoon interludes, Japanese hippies, and actual deaths shown from the activities of Hedorah, a pollution spawned entity from outer space. Although Hedorah was an inspiring idea for a monster, it was poorly executed, with a bulky costume that had to be hard to move around in. Still, the version I watched was actually the subtitled Japanese version with some scenes that were edited out of the American version, which I was lucky enough to catch in the theater back in the day.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 6:26 pm

Yeah that's a weird one. And I totally agree about Hedorah; the idea is pretty cool and so are the monster's formidable weapons but the creature design pretty much sucks. I also find the constant environmental preaching tiresome.

For my money, Godzilla vs Biollante is another weird one because you sort of end up feeling sorry for Biollante and the basic concept is strange too. But I think that's a pretty cool and original creature design.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 6:29 pm

Watched some more of the last disc of "The War".  I'm glad I'm almost done with this documentary because while it's been entertaining and informative (as all of Ken Burns work is) it's also relentlessly depressing as the worldwide body counts just keep mounting.  And today featured a lot of still photos and some vintage film of the Allies liberating people held in Nazi death camps - and of course lots of photos of the carnage that was carried out inside.  This episode includes numerous interviews with American military veterans who were there and they graphically describe what they saw.  How anyone can think the Holocaust was fake is more completely beyond my sensibilities than believing in a flat earth.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 2:05 pm

Kolchak:The Night Stalker
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 3:14 pm

Who Is Lydia Loveless? (A documentary on the alt/country musician)
The Preacher (A documentary on David Eugene Edwards of 16 Horsepower/Wovenhand. This was while he was still fronting 16hp)
UHF
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 4:07 pm

Back To The Future II (1989)

Marty McFly and Doc Brown travel via the Delorean to the year 2015 to prevent Marty's future son from being arrested. Upon completion of the mission they return to the present and discover an alternate reality created by their nemesis Buff. They then have to try and correct the timeline in this, the weakest of the trilogy. Still, its a fun watch.

Last edited by 007 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 4:30 pm

"The Thomas Crown Affair" (1999)

Taking a break from James Bond, Pierce Brosnan plays a jet-setting New York financier who occasionally dabbles in high-end art theft. When a priceless painting by Monet disappears from the Metropolitan Museum, their insurance company puts a gorgeous lady investigator (Rene Russo) on the case, but she may not be able to resist the charming thief.
This was a remake of a late '60s flick that starred Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway (who has a minor role in this one). It starts out as a pretty cool, twisty heist/caper flick but ends up leaning too much on the romance subplot as the film goes on. Despite that it's got a nice lavish look,a great cast, and good Lord, Rene Russo was fine as hell back then.
So this may not have been my usual kind of meat, but it wasn't a waste of time, either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 5:03 pm

Leatherface wrote:
The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence)(2011)-a rather disturbed loner who is obsessed with the first THC film to the point where he abducts 12 people in order to make his own Human Centipede come to life.  Much nastier and graphic than the first film, this one doesn't pull any of it's punches as the filmmaker sets out to really push the envelope with this one.  Even being shot in black and white doesn't really stop this one from being a sick ride.  Still, not what I would call a great or even good film, but watchable for one viewing.  I still have one more sequel to "look forward to" I guess.  2/5

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 67e95d10
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 5:49 pm

Yeah Human Centipede 2 was really gross. I never even bothered with the third one because I read the synopsis and it just sounded stupid.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 6:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah Human Centipede 2 was really gross.  I never even bothered with the third one because I read the synopsis and it just sounded stupid.

The first one is good. Dieter Laser was convincing as the madman scientist.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 6:46 pm

I agree; I "enjoyed" the original. While the concept is just as gross, a lot of it is left up to your imagination.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 9:09 pm

"Rock N Roll High School Forever" (1991)

Corey Feldman and his garage band want to play the Senior Prom at Ronald Reagan High, but they'll have to get past the rock hating yuppies on the Student Council and the school's ruthless Dean of Discipline, Dr. Vadar. Wacky hi-jinks ensue.
...this belated, cheap looking pseudo-sequel to the 1979 classic is pure early 90s cheddar. Feldman's Michael Jackson hairdo provides some unintentional comedy, as does his singing for "The Eradicators."
Mojo Nixon turns up in a brief cameo as "the Spirit of Rock N Roll" and his song, "A-Bomb the School Prom," is the film's main highlight.
The original "RNRHS" is one of my favorite movies of all time. This is nothing more than a pale dollar store imitation.
AVOID.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 am

Kentucky Fried Movie
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 6:01 am

Two Sentence Horror Stories

Trickster
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Reefer Madness
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 6:13 pm

Under-the-weather double feature:

"The Phantom" (1996)

Billy Zane ("Titanic") stars as the 1930's comic strip hero, who travels from his jungle home to pre-war New York City to stop a budding super-villain (Treat Williams) from stealing a major source of mystical power. A fun period piece action thriller that falls somewhere between "Batman" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark." Kristy "Original Buffy" Swanson and a young Catherine Zeta Jones provide the eye candy.

"Fulci For Fake" (2019)

The life and work of notorious Italian film director Lucio Fulci, aka "The Godfather of Gore," is examined through home movies and photos as well as extensive interviews with his family, frequent collaborators and film scholars. An interesting portrait of a complicated man. In Italian, with sub-titles.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021
Page 5 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 36  Next