Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"

Go down 
+23
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
mc666
exact33
mikeinfla
glassprison
DallasBlack
Eyesore
manny
nevermore
Runicen
Mglaffas81
Wrecked Neck
the sentinel
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lari
Boris2008
corplhicks
Glower
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 1:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 4:14 pm

What is it with these lame-ass animated music videos that have somehow become popular across the board?

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 4:55 pm

Lari wrote:
I don't remember anymore if I already ordered this album.

EDIT: Apparently I have. I received an email from a local record store apologizing that due to a delay I didn't get my copy yesterday.
Ordered mine from Amazon, and they say I won't get it until mid month. At least they give you a digital copy, so I was able to listen to it last night. Pretty good, but it's no JP album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 5:12 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

What is it with these lame-ass animated music videos that have somehow become popular across the board?
Budget restraints. And these are old-ass geezers who don't look good on modern 5k slo-mo videos.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 9:19 am

I got my copy today. I don't like the gatefold CD packaging, but the booklet is real nice.

I wonder how the music compares to Spirits of Fire.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 5:07 pm

I have heard it and its ok. A few really good songs and a few hard duds. Nothing special but its a decent listen. Maybe it will grow on me but it just seems like he was just trying to prove something he didn't need to prove. I'll listen again though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9876

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 2:59 am

Hope to get my copy within two weeks.

I am not checking any samples in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 10:37 am

I think it's excellent. I really hear 70's Priest mixed in with Tim Owens era. A nice number of fast songs. I really like it. So happy they recorded this. Kickass old school metal.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2021 1:02 pm

Lari wrote:
I think it's excellent. I really hear 70's Priest mixed in with Tim Owens era. A nice number of fast songs. I really like it. So happy they recorded this. Kickass old school metal.

That's promising headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Reminds me of the Painkiller era. it rips.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 9:14 pm

I was not sure after hearing a couple songs but after hearing the album I like it. I am not sure how many future spins it will get but it was a fun listen.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2021 12:41 pm

Loving this album!

It sounds like Painkiller meets Screaming For Vengeance. I don’t care if the lyrics are cheesy, the music rocks and Ripper sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2021 12:52 pm

To be honest, I think I like this better than Firepower!

It’s a shame Priest don’t realize how valuable KK is and take him back in. Oh well, it’s their loss and we get two bands instead of one.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 1:43 am

Troublezone wrote:

It’s a shame Priest don’t realize how valuable KK is and take him back in. Oh well, it’s their loss and we get two bands instead of one.

I like it, but think Firepower is much better overall. I can definitely hear some of the old school Priest sound in some of these songs. Has a few 70's vibes on it every once in a while. Little too much cheese though for me to rank it higher than Firepower.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 5:52 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I like it, but think Firepower is much better overall. I can definitely hear some of the old school Priest sound in some of these songs. Has a few 70's vibes on it every once in a while. Little too much cheese though for me to rank it higher than Firepower.

Everything you said… plus I get a slight King Diamond vibe from some the “evil monk” chanting parts.

Most old school metal tends to have some cheese, so I don’t mind that. :cheese:
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I am hoping to get my copy in the next 10 days. I am literally avoiding checking the album on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 8:06 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I am hoping to get my copy in the next 10 days. I am literally avoiding checking the album on YouTube.

I believe you will like it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 8:20 pm

Currently my favorite track on the album is “Raise Your Fists”. It has a little bit of a Green Manalishi vibe. Even the beginning of the solo sounds the same. Totally old school!

Heck, the whole album is good! The weakest song is Brothers of the Road.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 5:06 am

Got my copy in the mail earlier this morning, and managed to check a couple of tracks in the car.

Very good stuff so far.

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2021 7:16 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You say cheese like its a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 10:53 am

Youtube just "algorithmed" this band to my feed and...impressed!

I'd never even knew this was happening. Somehow missed it. I mean, I like it a lot. I've long been a fan of Owens. His work on Iced Earth is easily my favorite, and he's shined on a lot of other projects. Cool!

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2022 10:09 am

Here is a new in-depth interview with KK:

An Interview with K.K. Downing of K.K.’s Priest (VW Music)
Back to top Go down
Jan It Or
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 2:22 am

Interesting interview.

I finally got around to listening to the record.

I am happy to say the real good ones were definitely there and there also were some bad ones.

But I am happy enough because the good ones were really good, so they do outnumber the bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7