Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's ready for FALL ?!

Go down 
+13
ThrashedOutCobra33
MetalGuy71
skullsmasher
Stender
Thrasher73
mc666
SAHB Healer
the sentinel
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Who's ready for FALL ?! Empty
PostSubject: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:55 pm

Do you have the summertime blues? Heat exhaustion? Sunburn?

Have no fear! Fall is nearly here! Cool weather, leaves changing colors, new episodes of your favorite TV shows, the Great Pumpkin, horror movie marathons, my birthday and Thanksgiving!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:56 pm

The weather doesn't change at all here until about late December. Fall doesn't exist in hell.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:58 pm

Yea, I'm about ready for Fall. My son starts kindergarten this year. That'll be exciting. Besides, that way it'll be just me and the baby on my days off so when he naps... I can nap too!! Woot!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:58 pm

For the first time since I moved to West Texas I'm loving the Summer. Part of it is that my girls are 8 & 5 now so we're having tons of fun....but I've also finally acclimated to the temps here. Last Summer was the coolest and rainest by far and was sort of the reprieve I needed and though this Summer has been ultra hot again it hasn't been bothering me.

Fall can wait! (Though it is my favorite season. FOOTBALL, Halloween, Thanksgiving, cooler weather and 4 days and it's a nice lead-in to the Christmas/New Years time that I love so much)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm sooooo ready for fall.

The leaves change creating beautiful scenery.

The temps cool so you can open up the windows and air out your home.

Football season starts.

ANd the next SAW movie hits theaters! crazy happy

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:01 pm

Quote :
Besides, that way it'll be just me and the baby on my days off so when he naps... I can nap too!! Woot!!

See, I'm worried about that. With my schedule and the fact that my wife works the Summer has always been about me and my girls. Now, the little one starts Kindergarten and from 8:15-3:30 every week day I'll be home alone.

What I need is a game plan. I'm gonna use that time to do all my chores, lifting, hobbies (no whacking off jokes!!) but I know I'll have a small taste of "empty nest" syndrome until I find my groove.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:01 pm

More sunburn please, bring it on, keep the cold at bay.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

No, no, no!

Summer here hasn't been too bad here in ol' Lansing, MI. I remember last year was wretched. Long stretches of low to mid 90s days. Last month, we had a good streak of low-mid 70s! The nights are starting to cool off a bit as well. I just hope we don't have a warm fall this year. It took until late November for it to really start cooling off. I remember Thanksgiving was 80 degrees and most of October was in the 80s as well!

We're already getting our Halloween & Christmas product in at work and I was pumped up praising the glories of fall, winter and snow and my co-workers were like "Who's ready for FALL ?! 19976 You and your cold weather! It's only August!"

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:14 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I'm with you. New Mexico winters are the worst. It's so freakin' cold and yet it doesn't snow!? scratch
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm in Florida. It gets very bitter and very windy yet with no snow. But mainly I just prefer nothing but heat and sometimes cool rain.
Razz
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Me, me, me, oohhh, pick me. I'm ready. I hate summer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:32 pm

I love the Autumn. My favorite season.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:37 pm

cheers for football, jeers to raking leaves.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:54 pm

mc666 wrote:
cheers for football, jeers to raking leaves.

Raking leaves is one of my least favorite chores, but it beats shoveling snow.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:57 pm

Fall is becoming my favorite season.I use to love summer but the heat and humidity really get old.I love the time around Halloween when everything is dying and spooky.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:02 pm

^^Yep^^
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:47 pm

Fall is going to be weird for me, first fall that I'm not going to school. I decided to take a year off before going to college.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:53 am

I wish it could be summer year round, I hate the cold. Fall isn't so bad I just don't like the short days and long nights.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:25 am

As far as the weather goes, up here in the northest, we're starting to loose 2 of the seasons (Sping & Fall). It goes from the bitter cold of winter to about a week of mild Spring-like temps, into God-awful humidity of summer. From there it's heat and humidity with another week of mild Fall-like temps then back to colder than a witches teat.

I'm not looking forward to the fall yet. Summer's going by too quickly. Plus, come September, my "winter-hours" kick in at work, meaning I'm here an extra hour and I've got more actual work to do. Which leaves me less time to goof-off here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:23 pm

I love fall, get tired of being sweaty. Plus football is my favorite sport and I love the colors of fall. Dark muted colors rule.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Hell No! Fall here comes fast and it gets cold fast so no
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Here in Arizona it is pretty much summer till Thanksgiving then cold. Now by cold I mean fifties, but when you're used to hundred plus it feels pretty brutal. I hate the cold and would take heat year round if I could. Humidity would be another story though.

I do miss the Maryland Fall. Everything about it made it such a great time of the year. I always say I need to go for a visit in October sometime.

Stender, I remember after I graduated college how strange it was when the fall came and no school. Most of my friends in the area had another year or two left (some were on the five year party plan) and I thought I was going to be bored just working with everyone gone. Turned out to be one of my favorite times in my life. I have such great memories from that fall.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:10 pm

Quote :
I just don't like the short days and long nights.

Love these days....I love going to work in the dark and when it starts getting dark around 5-5:30.

Agree with the muted colors thing Etomb said.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:39 pm

The sooner the weather cools off, the sooner the bears will go find a place to hibernate and stay the hell outta my yard.

Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:07 pm

I can't wait until Autumn. It's so beautiful & comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's ready for FALL ?!   Who's ready for FALL ?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's ready for FALL ?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next