Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"

Go down 
+23
brokentulsa
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
mc666
exact33
mikeinfla
glassprison
DallasBlack
Eyesore
manny
nevermore
Runicen
Mglaffas81
Wrecked Neck
the sentinel
Troublezone
Gilbert
Lari
Boris2008
corplhicks
Glower
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 4:25 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I’ve almost had enough of Ripper’s lackluster vocals. His “phoned in” style is getting old. That last Tourniquet album, and now this…

The last thing I’ve heard him do (that was great) is the first “Charred Walls of the Damned” album.

He’s not a good songwriter or lyricist. He mastered Halford’s vocals in a cover band, but when it comes to original material, he really doesn’t cut it.

The last time i probably enjoyed Tim's vocals was on the Spirits of Fire project in 2019.

It's an album that i tend to revisit from time to time.

I never heard of that.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 6:15 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I’ve almost had enough of Ripper’s lackluster vocals. His “phoned in” style is getting old. That last Tourniquet album, and now this…

The last thing I’ve heard him do (that was great) is the first “Charred Walls of the Damned” album.

He’s not a good songwriter or lyricist. He mastered Halford’s vocals in a cover band, but when it comes to original material, he really doesn’t cut it.

The last time i probably enjoyed Tim's vocals was on the Spirits of Fire project in 2019.

It's an album that i tend to revisit from time to time.

I never heard of that.

There you go:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 9:48 am

Gilbert wrote:
New song:

That song is cheesy garbage. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 5:27 pm

^^ Yeah, agreed.

The more I hear of this album, the less interested I become...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ Yeah, agreed.

The more I hear of this album, the less interested I become...

I like the first two, but that new one is poop.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 1:46 pm

Here's the music video in case anyone is interested:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Reminds me of Wheels of Fire.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2021 10:36 pm

It's ok. Nothing great but not terrible. I'll pick it up eventually.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2021 1:40 am

Cool, another song for y'all to hate lol

I like it, but sounds more like Maiden than Priest. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2021 2:02 am

Now that is more like it! headbanger

It captures the 80’s anthem formula nicely. Very Judas Priest!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2021 4:25 am

Really digging this one. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2021 6:29 am

This one is a bit better. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2021 6:50 am

There is no doubting KK’s skill on guitar, but it’s obvious that Halford and Tipton were better at the songwriting. I just wish they would let him back in Priest. They let Rob come back… it doesn’t make sense for Andy Sneap to play the role when you can have the real thing!

Metallica made the same mistake. They should’ve let Jason Newsted come back too.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2021 11:03 am

Troublezone wrote:
There is no doubting KK’s skill on guitar, but it’s obvious that Halford and Tipton were better at the songwriting. I just wish they would let him back in Priest. They let Rob come back… it doesn’t make sense for Andy Sneap to play the role when you can have the real thing!

Metallica made the same mistake. They should’ve let Jason Newsted come back too.
Nah. Now we get two albums instead of one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2021 11:14 am

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Nah. Now we get two albums instead of one.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 1:56 am

You can now buy a Sermons of the Sinner scroll now for $200

https://www.kkspriest.com/products/kks-priest-new-limited-collectors-edition-scroll

This limited collector’s piece, chronicles the lyrical content of the KK’s Priest’s masterwork - SERMONS OF THE SINNER. The scroll features lyrics of all 10 tracks on the forthcoming album; spanning 14X50”on parchment paper rolled on metal pole ends.

The CD and vinyl can also be ordered from their website.

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Sermons-of-the-sinner-cd-2?u=aHR0cHM6Ly9tdXNpY2dsdWUtdXNlci1hcHAtcC0zLXAuczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9vcmlnaW5hbHMvNzRkZWFkOTYtMDYwNi00MzkwLTk1OWYtYThjNGYxZTZlYjJh&mode=contain&width=1400&v=2
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 2:11 am

For $200.00 K.K. better hand deliver it, read it and cook me dinner lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 3:08 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
For $200.00 K.K. better hand deliver it, read it and cook me dinner lol

Nah… he’ll give a FaceTime, a quick hello and send some Burger King via Uber-Eats.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2021 11:59 am

Troublezone wrote:

This could have been an option if he hadn't talked so much shit about them in that book. And popping up on blabbermouth every few minutes to continue dogging Priest.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 2:04 am

Listening to the album now, and I love it. It's not as good as Firepower, but I thinks it really good so far. Could have done without the Spinal Tap opening track/narration, but so far so good.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 2:13 am

Changed my mind, Brothers of the Road was a bad song. Definitely the weakest so far. Still like the album, but got a few more songs to go yet before final judgment.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 3:07 am

What’s worse… the new Maiden or KK’s Priest? lol!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 3:20 am

Troublezone wrote:
What’s worse… the new Maiden or KK’s Priest? lol!
Can't fairly answer that until I hear the whole maiden album. I'd give KK, about a 7/10. Maybe a 6.5, but it might grow on me the more I hear it. Listened to it on cheap headphones, streaming from Amazon. I'm sure when I get the cd in the mail, and put it in my car stereo, it will sound better. One day soon, I hope to hear it on my real stereo. So tired of being homeless lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 6:09 am

Ordered my copy yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 12:56 pm

I don't remember anymore if I already ordered this album.

EDIT: Apparently I have. I received an email from a local record store apologizing that due to a delay I didn't get my copy yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"    Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ready for "K.K.'s Priest?"
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next